PPI reclaim for Lloyds bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, advice again please. Myself and my husband had loans with Lloyds more than 10 years ago. Two/three had PPI added that I know of because the bank told me because we wanted £10000 we were more likely to get the loan with the payment protection, of course I believed them I was only 21. It has been more than 10 years, in fact it was more like 1997/1998 we took first loans out as we needed it for wedding. Am I too late to claim? I have only just thought that I know they had PPI. Unfortunately we got into a financial mess and I know some of the loans were not paid off and went to a debt collector. Should I send Lloyds a SAR?

Thanks for reply. The loans...5 in total I think but only 2 had PPI, were passed to debt collector then I think I received ccj's for them which were paid religiously for a few years up to around 2006/7 when I was informed the debt was being sold but then I've not heard anything!? Not chased it either.

I say 5 but 1 was overdraft I believe

afaik, it can be passed on for collection purposes only, notice of such required.

if it has been sold on, then certain formalities wld need to have been complied with.

Thanks Ford... would the formalities involve the court?

i think so, in some respect, required notice of any sale to the debtor aside, ie to change judgment owner. others will hopefully clarify. :)

Will send off SAR tomorrow using your template letter, thank you.

Out of interest, I cannot even remember who these were sold on to, should I just leave it until they contact me? And what if they do?

well, if nobody is chasing you for payment you're not going to go out of your way to track down who might or might not owe are you?

let them come to you and take it from there.

I would advise you keep this thread for the PPI issue, if any DCA makes contact meanwhile, then start separate threads as and when. No point in worry about things that haven't happened yet :)