Pearce -v- NatWest Bank **WON**

Nukey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am quite new to these boards, and I just thought I would make a post explaining whats been going on and update the thread accordingly :)

It all started in my previous job, when I applied for an overdraft of £500.

It all seemed okay from there, until I reached my limit and I needed a little extra money to pay towards something else. So I upped it to £750. At this point, the bank offered me to upgrade my account from a Current Plus to an Advantage Gold. I thought this was a good offer, and I was talking to them about the advantages.

The person on the phone told me that my facilities would be upgraded, from Solo to Switch, and that there would be a few extra benefits with the account as well. So for £10 a month, I thought that was really good and decided to take them up on the offer, and thought no more about it.

A few weeks later and I was a little bewildered with the fact that I hadnt received any upgrades to my account. After speaking to the local branch I was told that I cant have my facilities upgraded, and that I will have to make do with the Solo facilities.

Basically I thought I would be getting upgrades but all I was paying the money for was travel insurance :x which was useless to me as I dont travel.

So that was supplied to me on false pretences anyway.

A little while after I downgraded my account, but the advantage gold charge was what took me over my £750 limit. I didn't even use any of the facilities of the Advantage account, and that somewhat upset me.

They said on the phone they didnt even have any record of anyone sayiung my facilities would be upgraded.

So the charges started mounting up and up, and when I moved to Devon I decided to open an account with Nationwide.

A month or two later I decided to phone the bank. I kept receiving letters threatening me, I wanted to pay off the money that I have spent, which was only fair, but it was impossible with the £50+ charges per month going to my account and just piling the debt up.

The account got passed to the Birmingham collections centre, and I made an arrangement to pay so much a week to clear off the overdraft.

Like a fool I took up their offer of extending the overdraft from £750 to £885, where they said that would stop the charges, and gave me a little extra time to clear it back down to £750.

Or so I thought.

They are ademant to the fact that my overdraft limit was £650 not £750, so they have now lied to me about what my overdraft limit was, so it was extra money to find.

After that I lost my job, and now as it stands I have charges in my overdraft (caused by letters and over-the-limit borrowing fees), no job, and charges going into my account from last month of going over the limit.

At one point I was pushed over my limit because of a charge of them sending me a letter, on the day that I was paid and was going to put money into my account, I checked my balance and it said my balance was £880, I put the money in, and the following day it went over my limit. For some strange reason it said the intrest was applied to the account the day before I was paid, but when I checked the machine on pay day it wasn't taken out. Something went wrong there somehow, looks like thereis some sort of delay between when they say it was taken out and when it actually was.

Anyway right now Im seeing what I can do to get my overdraft down, hopefully the refund of the charges will bring me back down to below the £650 and my other NatWest account (which just consists of purely charges of £120) will be sorted out.

Sorry its an essay, Ive just requested statements for the last 6 years. Looks like the ball is starting to roll! :)

-Nukey

Bank: NatWest

Last Letter Received: Agreement to repay £388.69

Please remember to read the FAQs if you are new or are looking for quick-fix advice!

Hi Nukey and welcome to the CAG:D

Read your story, glad you're sorting it out, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

One question: You have changed the Advantage Gold back into a Current Account, haven't you...?

Good luck!;)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

yup, luckily, not being charged for any more of that insurance rubbish :D

-Nukey

Please remember to read the FAQs if you are new or are looking for quick-fix advice!

Well, today I receive a letter from NatWest, (as I spoke to them yesterday about the repayment plan on my overdraft) and they decide to send me this:

feesheet.gif

Is it me or are thy blatently taking the mick out of me? it was in a handwritten envelope too which makes it sound even worse.

Ooh, I have been told from the bank today that they made an error about my statements. Instead of giving me 6 years worth they have applied me for 4. So I had a go at them and they're sending out the other 2 years worth of paperwork out for free. Cant complain about that :-)

-Nukey

That looks like their leaflet about their charges. :confused:

You just carry on what you are doing: add up the unlawful charges they applied to your account and ask them to pay them back. You can use the letter templates in the library section;-) (click on the "templates" link in my signature!) :)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Good luck and remember you can't claim back any Advantage Gold Fees as they are Fees not charges. And the statement thing comes from when their system changed from NW to RBS don't think they are doing you any favours you asked for 6 years so 6 years you should get.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Well I went into the bank and they told me 4 years was all that was ordered, so she put another order in free of charge for me, so Ill probably be getting two lots of statements

I think its probably just a little reminder from the nasty people at the collection centre that they are on to me. As far as Im aware don't they just send out a booklet? if thats the case why did they just send the one sheet? Thats a bit weird...

Its a shame about the advantage gold thing though, I was well and truly ripped off with that one. Damn sales people!! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the stements have been received and checked, and I have sent my first preliminary letter to NatWest bank. Thanks for your continued support! hopefully we can all give them what for and give them a lesson in how not to rip off their customers...

The first letter can be seen here. (Particular information has been censored) :D

Deary me :eek:

I receive a letter this morning, offering me a full refund of the charges!

They didnt offer me my £18 in overdraft interest but I dont think it would be worth taking to court for under £20.

Just from my prelim letter. Wow. All my charges are now refunded. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me beat them, and I will be sticking around to help others who may need it.

You can see the letter I received, here.

Until next time! :D :D

How much was your claim and how long did it take?

Lig 24 :p

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

50% offer made 3.1.07 - declined 5.1.07

Paid in full February 2007!!!!!