preliminary letter stage---Nationwide--

delandjulie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks i e-mailed mr bacon tonight - politely reminding him the claim was not settled in full and that i didn't charge him the 8%interest which i was entitled to and that he had 7 days in which to refund me the shortfull before i inform the courts that the claim is not settled

...and that he had 7 days in which to refund me the shortfall ...

That's very generous - I'd have given 48 hours :o

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

no reply from BACON (just as i expected) so just heard from the court today they're moving my case to my local court and i've a questionare to fill in as Nationwide have still put in a defence----- pretty straightforward the first question SETTLEMENT do i wish to postpone the claim for a month to discuss with the other party as to reach an agree-able resolution? i said no as he's had more than his fair share of time or am i being hasty? - do you think it will go that far or is he stalling again?

They are just playing the game, consider yourself a little closer to the finishing line as each day passes from now.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I hope you've opened another account because shortly after Nationwide paid up I had a letter saying that they were closing my account as i was unable to conform with their terms and conditions!

Incidentally there was an article in the Mail this week saying that all small claims regarding bank charges have been suspended awaiting the results of a case going to a higher court as that will dictate judgements in small courts.

It also said that the BCSB (Banking Code) board were meeting this week to decide their position on banks closing accounts after customers make claims. This is based on the opinion that people should be able to complaim without fear of retribution.

If anyones interested in the article I could probably scan it in and email it on

my account was closed last month and i even wrote prior and asked on what grounds and to reply in writing as to the actual reason ( still waiting for response--i'll be waiting a long time!!) so yes i had a fall guy and thanks for your advise

Incidentally there was an article in the Mail this week saying that all small claims regarding bank charges have been suspended awaiting the results of a case going to a higher court as that will dictate judgements in small courts.

That case has actually been settled before it has gone to court. All small claims were not suspended. There is a big thread about this on the General forum so there is no need for anyone to panic on that score.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 4 weeks later...

My Case Has Now Been Moved To My Local Court And I Have Just Finished Sorting Out The Paperwork Of Figures To Send Of To The Court On The Money Outstanding And Yes Bacon Has Still Put In A Defence Asked For Time To Mediate-wants It Heard In A Different Court But According To My Paperwork It Is A General Form Of Judgement Or Order Before The District Judge Quote:- Upon The Courts Own Motion.the Court Has Made This Order On Its Own Initative Without A Hearing.

Does This Mean Behind Closed Doors? Do I Have To Attend?? Can Anyone Advise Please???? Would Be Grateful

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks