karl v AL

cinnamondk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

10 days ago sent my inital letter to AL looking for my money back, orginally they didnt seem as bad as the other high street banks, and had a policy where it was 2nd day overdrawn charge... .now appears as ruthless or maybe more ruthless than others with first day charging, not will to talk etc

well i got my first reply 3 days before LBA, even the reference in it is funny

VCD9216/UNFAIR2

:smile: you would swear they are getting a few of these eh?

well ususal **** from bank

'we have noted you comments, charges are fair. OFT meant credit card charges which are quite different, OFT have not entered into discussion with banks over matter. cannot accept you have been unfairly charged, no refund! sorry, hope this helps etc'

no it doesnt i have only been with this bank for 1 year and have charged me over £250 in charges imagine if i where a loyal customer :rolleyes:

anyway i have a halifax claim rolling too, so waiting till friday until deadlines expire then sending LBA to halifax and AL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/40984-started-my-claim-oh.html#post322902

karl

Guest Battleaxe

Singing 'Welcome to my world'...

Go for it mate and take no prisoners. We are all here with you and will support you on the journey.

Hi Karl. As battleaxe says 'Welcome to my world'. As you've probably seen on here already A&L will string this on for as long as possible but keep smiling, I was really nervous when I started but now it's getting kind of funny

its really not even the charges as if they werent bad enough, they are really sh*t!

i have 2x accounts with them and even thou both appear in my online profile it takes 2 working days to transfer money between them!?!, with the halifax this was instant

oh and my memeriol details for online banking you cant change online, i had to tell an advisor what to change them too.. this has been done 3x times so far and they still cant manage to hit the SAVE button :rolleyes:

and there customer service is sh*t, no matter how many times you phone them about something they seem to f*ck it up

direct debits 3x of my direct debits dont seem to connect with my list of direct debits so to tell when they where took out i have to look through my statements to find them!

and whats the idea on hanging up on ppl

and ... i could go on and on and on and on..... :) oh are they all this imcompentent ???

and if any one fancys helping to answer this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/42493-any-such-thing-good.html#post336317

looking for a less imcompentent bank

cheers

I've had unfair 4, :) I want to know whats in unfair 1 and 3!!

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

• 2 weeks later...

so... letter back early today from AL (UNFAIR4 :)), they wont enterain idea as applies to credit cards...

should i lodge my court case now, or wait until actual time has expired (mon 20th) before lodging, to prove you followed some kind of proceedure?

they threatened account closure again, will they actually do this :) ?

Yes they will close your account, so don't be in any doubt about that. I suggest that you do wait until the LBA has expired as you did give them 14 days so you must be seen to be reasonable and stick to your word, just in case you end up in court. We all know it won't happen, but at the end of the day you are claiming through the courts so you must work under the assumption that is where it's headed, so it isn't to be taken lightly.

Regarding other banks, I am happy with smile the internet bank, especially since they paid me back my charges with no quibble, but I opened a basic Nat West step account just in case I needed it. They will accept anyone with this regardless of credit rating.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

By the way I had to change your thread title as we have to be cautious about potentially libellouts content on the thread. Also please mind your language.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think you will just have to post the schedule of charges if it is like MCOL, as you can't send attachments.

• 2 weeks later...

had to fill in an extra form yesterday to enable the NI courts to pursue the matter in England and Wales...

lets hope case porgresses.... would be nice if it was settled by xmas :), heres for hoping!

i am also going to send in my schedule of charges to the courts they require 2 copies, presume one is for the bank.

should i sent in my letters and their replys as extra evidence?

and should send my bank statements?

if i choose to use the bank statements the court officer did state, the court would automatically presume the bank has them as they hold my records and banking details....

You don't need to send anything other than the 2 copies of the schedule for now, or probably ever if A&L follow the usual pattern.

you know the AL have really took advantage of my account!

i have 3 times had the following occur,

my wage got paid in and was available thursday 29th am to withdraw, that evening i took out say £100. (nb. wage was in before i took out my money! and i couldnt have taken £100 out via cash machine as there was only £10 available before wage went in)... on my statements AL have 3+ times in 12 months shown amount came out before wage went in, putting me over the overdraft limit and then charged me £25 at end of month!!! :mad:

can i actually write to somewhere other than ombudsman and complain, this feels like my account being 'doctored' so as they can raise a charge!!!

i am sure this is some kind of finanical mis-conduct

right time to look up FSA and other websites for complaining about banks!!!

i phone yesterday to ask about another lastest charge (type mentioned above from 29th nov), and i was first told no money needs a day to clear :mad: !!!!! what !!!!! do AL need a day to realise the money is there before taking it out? maybe we should give them a week and written notice !?!

then adviser changed mind and stated if i disagreed maybe, i should write a letter in to AL!, i then asked to speak to his boss as this is just not good enough they are taking the p**s! oh we dont really do that... i can ask them to ring you back? and of course no ring back!!!

well sorry thats prob my fault too i turned my mobile of about 11:30pm last night, how are they ever going to get through!

AL have until the 18th to respond, if they dont :D a Decree can be issued which may affect their credit status.... Fantastic!!! Just think a bank with a bad credit rating, how might that affect them?

PMSL

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

AL got their solicitors to write and say they object to the thought that charges are unfair and they are entitled to make some profit.

Not cost effect to defend case so are settling, cheque enclosed

Funny part though, there solicitors misspelt words, and I was meant to sign and end back the enclosed copy of letter, (none there!!!) but I have got the cheque so I will be signing nothing!!! Another batch of ‘professionals’ that I have lost any confidence in :)

Now wee question for all you please!

I have £550 O/D with AL and they are talking about discussing the future operation of my account (closing it I presume)... I don’t have the funds to pay it off in one go so I was thinking of moving to another bank and leave the £550 OD and presuming they will look for this settled... If I say I can’t afford to pay in one go, and do a Stand/Order into account of £25pm and when paid-off they can close it!

Should that work??

Oh BTW donation coming as soon as cheque is put into account and clears, many thanks for everyone’s support here!!