HMRC Phishing [problem] - Has CAG been hacked?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received HMRC phishing [problem] email. To prevent spam from filling my mail box, I use a different email address for every web registration account, when an address starts getting spam I just delete it from my web mail server and use another one.

Problem is the HMRC phishing email was sent to the email address used to register with this forum. This email address has not been used anywhere else on the internet.

CAG have you been hacked! How many members of this forum have received the HMRC phishing or other phishing emails?

Web mail provider provides up to 500 email addresses for £9.00/year

Update: Two more phishing emails received, another very fake HMRC [problem] and Orange phone rebate [problem], both sent to my CAG registration address.

Edited by Stuwardo
Additional information

Not seen anything so far.

I get only I-2 spam mails a month.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just received HMRC phishing [problem] email. To prevent spam from filling my mail box, I use a different email address for every web registration account, when an address starts getting spam I just delete it from my web mail server and use another one.

Problem is the HMRC phishing email was sent to the email address used to register with this forum. This email address has not been used anywhere else on the internet.

CAG have you been hacked! How many members of this forum have received the HMRC phishing or other phishing emails?

Web mail provider provides up to 500 email addresses for £9.00/year

Update: Two more phishing emails received, another very fake HMRC [problem] and Orange phone rebate [problem], both sent to my CAG registration address.

This was reported last year...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?394727-CAG-email-database-may-have-been-hacked-beware-spam-emails

As far as I am aware there have been no further attacks. I will check with Webby though.