Review Hearing

vickson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been fighting my mortgage Lender for many years and after the last hearing the Judge ordered a Review for tomorrow. I have maintained payments on the mortgage including the Extra 200 I have been asked to pay. I have spoken to my lender today and they have said that although payments towards the mortgage have been maintained they are worried that I can not afford everything else to do with the property i.e Management charges and lease payments as they have had to make these payments on behalf of myself. They have said that they will highlight this to the judge and that I should bring confirmation that I can make these payments going forward. the arrears are £5900, however because of these payments the extra interest, and extra charges on the account come up to £30000. This high level of charges and extra interest is what they will highlight to the judge. I am at a loss as to how to defend my case, these charges are quite high and the extra interest is over £150 a month all piling onto these charges. please help me.

Who is your lender?

Have you done a budget sheet showing your income and expenditure?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can you afford the monthly payments, and the management charge and something off the arrears each month?

It has to be realistic and affordable, because if you don't keep up any agreed payments on time you will go through this again. There is no point trying to pay arrears and not keep up with the management charge.

Are your mortgage company adding penalty charges, or do you have ppi which might have been missold? If so these can and should be challenged.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What is your interest rate? If it's very high you could ask the judge if s/he can fix it at a lower rate. This is rather a long shot but might be worth a try.

Try and get to court a bit early and see if there is a duty solicitor on duty who might be able to assist you.

What is your interest rate? If it's very high you could ask the judge if s/he can fix it at a lower rate. This is rather a long shot but might be worth a try.

Try and get to court a bit early and see if there is a duty solicitor on duty who might be able to assist you.

Hi Caro

The Lender is Wave Lending, yes I have done an income and expenditure sheet showing all these payments. there are many charges on the account. I am in the process of getting help with managing my money better although I can see how the judge may rule in their favour because these charges are not going down.

I will go to court early and see if I can get help there.

Thanks for your reply.

Try and check on here again in case others can advise further, and come back and let us know how it goes.

Good luck :)

What time is the hearing ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ouch.. S.O.S messages have been sent out, but most of the people who advise on this forum have day jobs :(

Do try and see if htere is a Duty Solicitor at the court as Caro has advised - apparently they are very helpful.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Very best of luck - please do let us know how you get on :)

BCOBS

Got to court and saw a CAB advisor, he went in with me and spoke for me. The Judge ordered that payments should be maintained as per the order, I have to make a complaint about the charges and further interest.

Thank you Caro and CitizenB.

Phew.... thank you for letting us know. You must be very relieved :)

Here is the letter regarding your complaint for the charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390026-Mortgages-Reclaiming-Charges

BCOBS

Glad it worked out for you. :)

Make sure that you do pay as per the order and on time. Let us know if you need any help reclaiming the charges.