Halifax mortgage & litigation

Madam2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help :(

I have a mortgage with Halifax which is in serious arrears. Reasons due to redundancy and then taking a lower paid job. Since then I fell pregnant and am at present a single mum on benefits. I am however returning to work full time in March as needs must. I have been on an interest only mortgage for a long while but never missed a payment.

Halifax are demanding arrears fully paid off and is at litigation stage. I am massively stressed as don't want to lose my home as is a safe and secure place for bubba and I.

Please please can someone advise on best thing to do next?

Thank you x

Hi welcome to CAG,

Someone will be along to help as soon as they can!

How far in to the litigation process are you?

A court will take in to consideration should this reach this stage that you are returning to full time work and if you can show you will be able to reduce the arrears should agree that a properly structured repayment plan is fine.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you everyone. I haven't received an eviction letter yet, what does that actually mean, that sounds very scary indeed. Is this the next step? :(

Halifax are asking me to pay off the arrears within a set time and well I just don't have the money to hand, it's causing me so much stress.