Help With Offer Please!!!

clare77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there again guys

well after having a long drawn out process of 6 months with lloyds and still not in court till january thought i would start my dealings with RBOS.

well absolutely gobsmacked

sent my first letters giving 5 days to repay £2200 on 1 account and £5000 on 2 account got usual rubbish fob off letter after 4 days - i then sent another letter explaining that unless money was in my bank within 7 days i will be starting court proceedings on 25th October

to my SHOCK horror yesterday i had 2 offer letters on account 1 offering me £1500 and on account 2 offering £2850

rang RBOS to say i had received them and i would take as partial settlement and i would send them a letter off with signed papers.

the guy on the other end of the phone said "you cannot get partial settlement " "it is all or nothing" - is this the case??

has anyone else received partial payment - my account has been closed for 3 years didnt expect them to offer straight away - could do with money for xmas dont know what to do about account 1 claim?? definately not accepting account 2 claim - but could do with money

just looking at some previous threads and they have had a nightmare with courts etc. and taking a really long time - bit like me with lloyds and i think should i take the settlement of 1500 or if i ask for partial settlement and they dont give it me it could take yet another 6 months to sort

dont want to shoot myself in foot.....

thanks guys

in this situation what would you do ???? be honest - would be nice to hear your views.

hi there again guys

well after having a long drawn out process of 6 months with lloyds and still not in court till january thought i would start my dealings with RBOS.

well absolutely gobsmacked

sent my first letters giving 5 days to repay £2200 on 1 account and £5000 on 2 account got usual rubbish fob off letter after 4 days - i then sent another letter explaining that unless money was in my bank within 7 days i will be starting court proceedings on 25th October

to my SHOCK horror yesterday i had 2 offer letters on account 1 offering me £1500 and on account 2 offering £2850

rang RBOS to say i had received them and i would take as partial settlement and i would send them a letter off with signed papers.

the guy on the other end of the phone said "you cannot get partial settlement " "it is all or nothing" - is this the case??

has anyone else received partial payment - my account has been closed for 3 years didnt expect them to offer straight away - could do with money for xmas dont know what to do about account 1 claim?? definately not accepting account 2 claim - but could do with money

just looking at some previous threads and they have had a nightmare with courts etc. and taking a really long time - bit like me with lloyds and i think should i take the settlement of 1500 or if i ask for partial settlement and they dont give it me it could take yet another 6 months to sort

dont want to shoot myself in foot.....

thanks guys

in this situation what would you do ???? be honest - would be nice to hear your views.

You will be fine do not accept that insult stick to your guns you will get your money in the end.

You do not need to take this offer, however, if you do not you will probably be entering a rather long drawn out process and it is unlikely, although not impossible that you will see this money before Christmas.

Only you know the answer and only you can really choose what to do.

If you wish to reject the offer, then I would use the rejection letter in the library and then continue with your claim.

To give you some comfort, I have posted a link here that you may find interesting.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/27669-mark-rbs.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

You CAN get a partial settlement and then pursue for the rest. But they usually won't give you it.

As HagenUK said, you probably won't see the full amount until after Christmas. Neither will I, but I'm going for it all anyway.

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

oh this one is a real teaser, not that i wouldn't like to be in your shoes! Only you can decide, but what i would say is, if they have shown a willingness to make a partial settlement, there is no reason why you can't get the full amount........ eventually. It's your money after all ;-)

Good luck

S

ps let us know what you decide!!!!