Account closed - advice needed

greenfield
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A few years ago I had a student account with the Co-op. I walked away from an unauthorised overdraft (yes, stupid I know). They've now caught up with me through a debt collection agency called Lowell financial.

I'd love to be able to reclaim the charges against me, as this would take a large chunk of the debt that I'd be able to pay them. However, the account was closed (by them) and I don't have any old statements. I don't even have the details of the account (number and sort code).

What's the best way to proceed??? Any advice much appreciated (I'll be forever in you debt haha) ;-)

Thank you!

can yo not ask the 'collecting' agency what account/sort code they are refering to? Or, have you tried to contact the bank directly?

I excpect you have thoght of thisd already, but it's all I can think of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

I'm 99% sure I'm correct when I say that you need to contect the bank and ask for all your records.

Unless I'm mistaken under the data protection act THEY must retain your details for a minimum of 6 years. They must also supply these to you on demand with a maximum fee of no more than £10.

At least that's my understanding of the DPA.