• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Harassment warning

l1awrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The land obviously has a restrictive covenant on it, whichgrants your neighbour the right to pass and re-pass over your property in orderto access his own property. Notwithstanding any such rights granted to your neighbourthereunder, the covenant probablycontains a clause that does not grant your neighbour or any visitor/guest ofhis any right to obstruct the right ofway that the same grants to him, if to do so would prevent you from yourentitled right to leave and access your own driveway, at any time. Is that correct to say?

Can you please post up here the exact – word for word,covenant/private rights of access that affect both yours and your neighbour’sland (minus any personal details of course) to which you are both bound by andare enforceable against you both if either of you should breach the same..

Harassment may be a case, a civil case that is, that you canbring and prove against your neighbour in due course. Rather than his claimthat it is you who is harassing him!

Firstly, please confirm the conditions under the covenantaffecting the land to yours and your neighbour’s property. Further, please posthere the full details of the dispute and how this dispute first came about.

Forget the police, no use to anyone! I might be able to help you resolve thismatter by way of civil process, out here in public forum, as I have had to dealwith harassment from several neighbours on private land & restrictivecovenants attached thereto, including, silent harassment (very difficult toprove), over a number of years as regards harassment and restrictive covenantsand long before I ever became involved with the legal profession on any area oflaw.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“The only details I wasgiven was the I harassed my neighbour by taking a photo of a courier vantrespassing on my property, that I harassed my neighbour by contacting thecourier company and told them not to park on my property again, this apparentlyinterfered with his, non existant, right to park on my property, that my cctvcoverage shows neighbours garage.”

Theabove complaint does not fall under the provisions of s.1 of the Protection fromHarassment Act 1997.

Kindregards

TheMould

Before you undertake any legal action against thisneighbour; I would suggest that you write a brief letter to him setting out thefact that he does not hold any lawful right to obstruct your access to yourproperty at any time. Enclose a copy ofthe covenant which affects the land and draw his attention to the fact thatupon his purchasing of his property his conscience was bound to the same, thismeans that, as a matter of law, hemust comply with the same; enclose also a copy of the plan showing thedriveway/road in question which is the subject of the dispute that has arisen.

State to him that he holds no rights recognised under thecovenants or indeed English law that permits him to authorise the obstructionof the access to your property and that if he does not refrain from hiswrongdoing against you as a result of his fundamental breach of the covenantsthat he is bound by, then you will have no option but to commence enforcementproceedings of said covenants against him and if such action should becomenecessary, then, if he fails to comply with the Order of the Court, he may beheld in contempt of Court and may face imprisonment for such.

State that you will give him 14 days to get this matter inorder and advise him to seek professional independent legal advice as to hisposition regarding the said enforceable covenants which he is bound by, failingwhich, you will commence with legal action that will enforce him to comply withhis obligations thereunder without any further reference to him. State thatyour letter is served on him pursuant to s.3 of the Protection from HarassmentAct 1997 in the light of his clear and continued breach of said covenants whichyou believe to be designed to be vexatious and deliberate in order to get arise/a reaction from you to the same and designed to spoil yours and yourfamily’s private right to live in peace and enjoy living in your own home freefrom any nuisance and anti-social behaviour, regardless of any covenants, whichin this instance, provide your private households’ right with even greaterprotection from the course of conduct that he has pursued against you withoutjust cause or reason.

Further to the above, I would suggest that you have a professional sign made and placethe same on your property so that itis clearly visible to all visitors over the land in question.

For an exampleonly; your sign could read as follows:

PRIVATE ROAD, PRIVATEACCESS RIGHTS.

NO UNAUTHORISEDACCESS

OBSTRUCTION OF THISPRIVATE ROAD BY OWNERS OF VEHICLES WHO HAVE NOT OBTAINED AUTHORITY FROM THELAND OWNER OF THIS ROAD MAY RESULT IN ENFORCEABLE LEGAL ACTION BEING TAKEN,INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE CLAMPING AND TOWING AWAY OF SUCH ILLEGALLYPARKED VEHICLES. ANY DELIVERIES TO No.(state No. or House No. of your neighbour) HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORISED BY THE LANDOWNER OF THIS PRIVATE ROAD.

TRESPASSERS ON TOTHIS PRIVATE LAND, ENTER AT THEIR OWN RISK, THE LAND OWNER HEREOF DOES NOTACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.

Kind regards

The Mould

The Mould that is great the only problem is I don't know whether I would be breaching the harassment notice by writing directly to him.

Thank you for your reply l1awrie

Can you please post up the harassment notice (minus all personal details).

Kind regards

The Mould

You have the covenants and s.3 of protection from HarassmentAct 1997 on your side of this dispute, your neighbour has no law that he canrely upon as a Defence to your actions taken to uphold the covenants and thelaw of harassment. Unless that is, yourneighbour can prove that you are pursuing a course of conduct which you know,or ought to know, amounts to harassment of him; based upon the maters postedhere thus far, I believe that you have grounds to take action against your neighbour for seriousinfringements of your rights which are protected by said covenants.

How can I put this without offending anyone………….. I know the law which I post about here onCAG and my opinion on the particular law affecting this thread and the materialmatters & fact posted here on the same can be relied upon by the op.

Dear op, go to a solicitor who is experienced in this areaof law – restrictive covenants, and ask him for his professional advice andwhat you should do in accordance with the law, direct such solicitor to mycomments and request his professional opinion thereon.

I have first-hand experience of this particular and veryunpleasant area of law – covenants, andI dealt with three (3), that’s right, 3 neighbours who sought to make my family’slife a living hell, I enforced the covenants against them (without any help from a solicitor) and all 3so-called neighbours moved out!

Kind Regards

The Mould

Mould, I didn't think you could put warning signs threatening clamping or towing on private land any more?

Thank you Gany for your reply, if that is the case, then op simply requires to omit the same from any sign he erects on his land.

Kind regards

The Mould

I have e mailed the chief inspector asking whether writing to my neighbour about his right to park claim breaches the harassment notice, he has not responded yet.

1. 1 Not to use the Property nor allowor permit it to be used for

any purpose other than as a residential development and purposes

ancillary thereto and not to erect or permit to be occupied

thereon less than 105 dwelling units nor more than 115 dwelliing

units unless the local planning authority object in which case the

numbers of dwelling units shall be agreed between the parties

5. Not topermit or allow any visitors agents licensees or

employees of the Buyer to park their cars or other vehicles

anywhere other than on the Property nor to store any building

materials anywhere other than on the Property

“I have e mailed the chief inspector asking whether writing tomy neighbour about his right to park claim breaches the harassment notice, hehas not responded yet.”

Without delay, refer Chief Inspector to your lawfulrights of access under the restrictive covenants affecting the landon/surrounding property and that your neighbour’s alledged and groundless s.1 harassmentclaim under the 1997 Act is not recognised under English law in the light ofthese covenants, which said neighbour is lawfully bound by, and that you aretaking civil action against him for fundament mental breach of the same, andthat you have put him on notice of such.

Kindregards

TheMould

I think a visit to spec savers is required. thanks

Yes and get their two for one deal:lol:

How many occasions did your neighbour call the police about the alleged "course of conduct pursued by you against him", before the police served the harassment notice on you?

I note that you have said that you do indeed ignore this neighbour and his behaviour, which is clearly designed to get a reaction from you, well done, continue to ignore any such behaviour. You have a right to take photographs of any vehicles obstructing your private rights of access ( see - s.3 Harassment Act 1997) the Court will require you to produce evidence of your neighbour's course of conduct that he is pursuing against you and s.3 of said 1997 Act provides you with a lawful right to obtain such evidence. (have a proper read of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997).

If neighbour, or any associates of his, taunt you in any way, call police 999 in order to make sure such anti social and harassment behaviour is recorded on police files.

As regards the courier Co's parking on your private land and obstructing your private access rights, simply send a brief letter (Special Delivery) to the CEO of such companies enclosing a copy of said covenants and that the land that their vehicles are entering onto and obstructing, actually is owned by you and that you have not provided the required expressed consent for them to enter onto and obstruct the same, therefore, you request that they respect your private property, do not obstruct the same, failing which, you will take legal action against them and obtain a Court Order which will prevent them from any further unlawful entry onto your land and seek costs against them for having to take such action, and in the event of them failing to comply with such Court Order (if the Order should become necessary) then they may be held in contempt of Court and face fines and/or imprisonment.

By the way, please post up the harassment notice served on you by the police - minus personal details.

Kind regards

The Mould

Police turned up this afternoon, one of the officers being the one who served the harassment notice, despite my telling the police I would not speak to her.

So both were promptly shown the door.

They then went to visit my neighbour who was out, maybe the decided they should check the validity of his claims about the right to park on my property.

I am now just completing my complaint to the IPCC who I don't have any faith in but do so to follow procedures and have a complaint on record elsewhere.

Can you also instruct a solicitor to send a letter to your neighbour as regards his obligations under the covenants?

Kind regards

The Mould

My dearfellow, please do not send yourneighbour any further letters, do not speak with him and avoid any and allconfrontation with him at this present time, because; in the light ofthe harassment notice served on you by the police, should you breach suchnotice (even though that said neighbour has not provided any proof of hisharassment claim against you) then, the neighbour will simply contact thepolice and inform them that you are continuing to harass him, the police willthen arrest you! As this matter stands, your neighbour has the law on his side!

I havebeen down this road twice before, I really do sympathise with your situationand the upset, frustration and daily anger that such wrongdoing is causing toyou (your private household’s life). There is good and bad in all things mydear fellow, including good anger and bad anger. Take a step back right now and do notundertake any action against this neighbour which will be deemed as bad angerin the eyes of the law.

I amhere with you, and I am certain that the whole Group – CAG, is here withyou, I am certain that we can all helpyou and your household overcome and defeat this thorn in your side. Keep calm my dear friend , if you have afavourite drink that you enjoy such as tea, coffee or rum or brandy, then takea good cupful of the same and lets have a proper look at your options to bringand end to what you & possibly your family refer to as a living nightmare.

Yourneighbour is claiming to the police (withouta shred of evidence) that for the last 7 years you have intentionally harassedhim by pursuing a course of conduct over the same designed to cause himdistress. This allegation does not makeany sense, 7 years of alleged intentional distress/intentional infliction ofemotional distress inflicted upon him by you and only now does he make acomplaint regarding the same to the police. I would apply the golden rule here, that is, if it does not make anysense then it is because it’s not true! No reasonable minded observer wouldever accept that a person has suffered such an infliction by another over aprotracted period of time without having made a complaint to the police (orindeed the alleged wrongdoer) at the first instance of such alleged conduct becomingclear to the “victim” that the same is never going to end.

Whatdoes your copy of your Title Deed show as your land that your property issituated on?

You canrequest a copy of your neighbour’s Title Deeds from HM Land Registry (a smallfee is payable), this will show the land upon which his property is situate andalso show the covenants, you will be able to establish therefrom as to whetheror not he has any rights thereunder to obstruct your land (which I doubt hedoes).

Youstate that his property is a residential place, do the covenants allowprofessionals to carry out their business on the land? Does your neighbour fall under the class ofprofessionals that covenants may grant unto him to carry out his business? If not, contact your local authority andlodge a complaint with them as regards your neighbour’s business operating outof residential premises and request that that investigate and close down suchunlawful use of residential place.

Asabove, please take a step back, take a deep breath, a shot of rum, brandy, tea or coffee or whatever is your favourite tipple and don’t breach the police Notice and don’t playinto your neighbour’s hand.

Comeback on the above, roger – over.

Kindregards

The Mould

Seems to be a lot of Police bashing for no reason that's all.

No requirement for any investigation. The Police are just following procedure.

Police, especially "green" police do not know the civil law. It is my considered opinion that the police in this particular matter have sent a "green officer" who does not understand the statutory law s.1 Protection from Harassment Act 1997 or indeed the common law of (IIED) Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

As I have said, I have been down this road before, spanning a 20year period. The neighbour is in the wrong! and the op is in the right - as far as law is concerned.

Kind Regards

The Mould

If his declaration with these courier Co.’s contravenes thecovenvenants affecting the land upon which his property is situate, then suchdeclaration is not valid. Request a copy of this declaration made by yourneighbour from these third party couriers Co’s by way of voluntary disclosureand state that if they are not willing to comply then you will make anapplication to the Court under CPR Pt. 31.17 for the same and seek your costs againstthem if such action should become necessary, which you sincerely hope will not.

Further, if he is indeed operating a professional business/providinga professional service as providedunder the prescribed the language of thecovenants from his residential premises,(if any such provision is made thereunder), then you cannot challengethe same.

If no such provisions are imposed under the covenants, thenyou have the law fully on your side, not only under the enforceable covenants,to which your neighbour’s (and indeed all residents upon this land) conscience is bound, but also under the enforcement powers of yourlocal authority, which would require an application for such business use ofany such residential property and of course their written approval of such.

Keep us informed and use the law to protect your householdfrom this nuisance, slowly does it, but you will prevail and succeed. Please do not breach the harassment noticeserved upon you by the inept police.

Kind regards

The Mould

Smokejumper I don't think it is case of the police taking sides, its more like covering their own backs.

Sadly things have been so bad over the last seven years there is no way I could entertain any contact at all with this man.

The tone of my posts have given the wrong impression I am a female, a fact I think this man relied on when he started all this trouble, not expecting me to come back at him.

regards

The tone of your posts have most certainly not given out any adverse impression as regards your character/persona my dear fellow. It is my considered opinion that your posts here have shown that you have been wronged by another over a long period of time and that you are no longer willing to suffer such and that the wrongdoer (your neighbour - for want of a better word, I know, a person who happens to live in the same street as you) has contacted the police in the light of your rightful and lawful protest against him and that he has held the police under the impression that it is the case that he is the victim in this matter!

Hold out, for all the help you need is right here on CAG.

Kind regards

The Mould

• 2 weeks later...
Just had a nice visit from neighbours father threatening me with violence because two years ago, after he and his wife were shouting abuse in front of my cctv, I called him a poisoned dwarf.

Called the police who say they can do nothing because 1 he will deny it and 2 he never touched me.

Waiting to hear from my solicitors.

Still contacting anybody parking on my property threatening them with an action for trespass if they park on my property again.

Copies of any contacts I have made have been sent to the police.

This is harassment!! - the police are failing you! Given the information posted here thus far, there should be a record on police files regarding the same!

You need to invoke the covenants by way of injunction through County Court relying upon the same and your neighbour's continued breach of the same, further, you need to make the Court aware of your calls to the police against this neighbour's actions and further report to the Court that you consider his actions to be a wrong committed against you under the tort Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. The fact that your neighbour's actions have taken place over a protracted period of time in contravention of the covenants, the Haraasment Act 1997 and the English tort of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress now require an injunction to be Ordered against him to refrain from obstructing your private rights of access over your land at any time which he is continuing to disregard.

You must take legal civil action now!

Kind regards

The Mould

Thanks for your responses, I have an appointment with my solicitor on 26 September and intend to apply for an injunction.

I am waiting for the police to call me back re their visit to neighbours father.

Good stuff,

You have the legally binding covenants, the Harassment Act 1997 and the English Tort Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress all on your side. Stand firm on the same!

Kind regards

The Mould

Something to lighten your mood, a little bit of humour for you as this reminded me of a joke.( not saying your situation is in anyway a joke).

A man hears a noise in his garden and looks outside to see two burglars breaking into his shed.

The man rings the police and tells them if they come round now, they will catch the burglars in the act, the police say they are too busy at the moment , short staffed and will send someone round when they can.

The burglars remain and are emptying his shed into a van, this is going on for a few hours and the man has rang the police three times and gets the same story.

The man then rings the police again and tells them that they don't need to hurry any more as the man has shot the burglars.

Within 2 mins 6 police cars, a van full of police officers and a helicopter arrive.

The burglars are still emptying the shed and a senior police officer say's to the man " I thought you said you had shot them" and in return the man say's " I thought you said you were short staffed and couldn't send any one round"

Boom, Boom ;-)

Very funny Mr Smoke,

Good stuff to help L1awrie through this suffocating mess, medicine of laughter is indeed the best solution and in most cases the best and only cure.

Godzilla

Kind regards

The Mould

• 2 weeks later...
Great sight - looked out of the window this morning and there is a removal van outside neighbours house being loaded - I'm so happy

1lawrie, can you be so kind so as to inform us all of this matter? What is the situation now?

Kind regards

The Mould

• 2 weeks later...
smokejumper I live in Kent.

I doubt that he will knock on my door, I don't see what he has to discuss with me, if it is tittle tattle from the other neighbour I wouldn't be interested.

I just have a feeling that he, like the previous owner thinks he owns my drive, the plan of his property will soon straighten out that misconception.

Send a brief letter to all neighbours and remind them of the covenants affecting the land upon which their property is situated. State that upon purchasing their property or taking residency of such that their conscience is bound thereby.

State that you do not wish to fall out with any resident,but if your rights under the covenants are not considered nor respected, then you will take all action as is necessary in order to protect your rights to live in peace and free from any nuisance that contravenes the covenants to which all residents conscience are bound by or indeed any action directed at you which contravenes statute or common law. State that these covenants are imposed upon the land and the properties situate thereon for the sake of good order and that any resident who breaches such can face enforcement proceedings whereby upon the Order of the Court to enforce the same that any resident found in breach or in default of any such Court Order can be held in contempt of Court and face fines and or imprisonment for such.

Regardless of any unfounded rumours, you sincerely hope that all residents will act within the law to which they are bound by and that all residents will continue to enjoy the peace and tranquillity and enjoyment oftheir private household’s life and afford all of their neighbours the same.

Get that sign erected, minus the clamping of unauthorised vehicles parked on your land!

Kind regards

The Mould

Edited by citizenB
formatted