• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

need some advice on ppi.

my daughter’s boyfriend thinks he may have a claim against the Yorkshire bank

the problem is he has an outstanding loan with them from about a year ago that he stopped paying when they moved.

Question is if he makes a claim and wins would the bank be able to use the ppi money towards the outstanding loan

and would they then be able to chase him for any outstanding amount on the loan as they would have his current address.

thanks in advance

Hi and welcome along.

In answer to your questions the answers are yes and yes.

However, is there any chance that the potential PPI refund could exceed the amount of indebtedness?

Has he got the agreement and a record of all payments made on the loan on which he wishes to claim?

EDIT: I have moved your thread to the PPI forum :-D

Hi

I don't know about the amounts involved but I don't think he has any paperwork it was from quite a while ago, I recently had a successful claim and he thought he would try his luck as they have a baby and are always short of money,trouble is they both have learning disabilities,I don't think they thought it through properly.

I had dealings with this bank in the past.

when my dad passed away they stripped his account to pay an outstanding loan and credit card debt and left us with no money for his funeral.

I just didn't want my daughter and her boyfriend to get stung by these people

so thanks for the help

Michelle

get an sar off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I had dealings with this bank in the past.

when my dad passed away they stripped his account to pay an outstanding loan and credit card debt and left us with no money for his funeral.

Michelle

what!!

that is not allowed

did the exec's authorise this?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can't remember exact events as it was a few years ago now and I was in a bit of a mess not thinking straight at the time.

we had an argument with the head office about the money in his account

eventually the manager from the Stafford branch made a check out to the undertakers so that I would sign the forms to close his account,

not long after we arrived home we had a call from the manager saying she had received a call from head office she was really sorry but they had told her to tell us not to bother presenting the check as they would not honour it.

as I said before I was an emotional mess at the time and even though we made an official complaint including to the financial ombudsman we didn't get anywhere.

in hindsight I realise that we should have just used it to pay the undertaker as it was a buisness check and they would have to honour it.

As a result of there actions we couldn't afford the funeral we couldn't get any help from anyone as we were on working tax credit and couldn't afford a loan it took from the beginning of December when he passed until the middle of February to bury him,(the hospital where he died were even threatening to charge rent for the fridge space)

my cousins heard what was going on and offered to pay for which I will be forever grateful.

urm..

something smells bigtime there

so's not to detract from this thread

it might be an idea to start a new one.

dx

and they

Thanks but I'm not sure I want to drag it all up again as everything seems to finally started to settle.After over 3 years of hell.

6 weeks after the funeral the mortgage company and a secured loan company both got suspended possession orders on the house

so we were under constant threat of eviction by the loan company(we had to pay £600 a month out of disability benefits)

We had an 18month fight with the DWP over ESA and DLA(o/h finally got put in support group for ESA and received high and high for DLA)

My brother in law was stabbed to death in his flat that December and 80 year old farther in law found out from the local paper (killer later got 22years)

August last year I had a heart attack at the age of 43 (I nearly died twice)

Just before xmas last year we had a letter from the mortgage company saying that the fixed low rate was finishing and the payments were going to double

We then contacted the council who took about 4 weeks to decide whether they were going to rehouse us (finally moved mid feb)

o/h then went bankrupt at the beginning of April.

Got to say though it was probably the best thing we have done.

Things are finally starting to go right in some part to the advice on here.

Last week I was contacted by a debt collection company about a £14000 shortfall from an old buy to let property

.I pleaded poverty refused to give breakdown of I/E offered them £1 per month told them to take me to court if they didn't like it

,they said they had no intention of going to court and accepted got the confirmation and standing order mandate through the post yesterday

sorry for going on but hope you can understand why I can't face yet another fight

ok understand

don't like the idea of paying a DCA £1PCM on a shares shortfall....

if you DO owe the money pay the OC!!

you obv know DCA's are not BAILIFFs and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

never ever pay a DCA!

dx

and they

Ok I do owe it.

we had a rental property got in areas with the mortgage so nationwide put it in administration.

they put countrywide in charge who sent in some heavy's who scared the tenants off ,

it then took them 12 months to find new ones (this tripled the areas on the mortgage and also caused council tax areas)

and a week later the new tenant was arrested and jailed.

the guarantor payed the rent from then on.

when the tenancy ended the house was sold with a shortfall of £13,734.26

as far as I am concerned the place was totally mismanaged but I don’t know what I can do about this if anything.

any advice would be welcome

ok well p'haps if you wish

start other threads in the relevant forums if necessary

dx

and they