• Tweets

• sorry but that letter needs to be much much better. you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers. TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter. get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.      
    • I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5  I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions? Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,  Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.  I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.  I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.  Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.  I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.  I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.   Yours sincerely,
    • LoL Dx you crack me up. Thanks for the advice. I'll stay positive.
    • Utter Rubbish!! lowell dont write and beg for deals once they start court. as for your attitude, we'll thats nothing new for you.😎 you wont be quizzed, it's not like TV, simply refer to your defence/WS when answering anything the judge may ever ask. well it involves chickens. dx  
    • Thanks fk, I hope I don't have to face the court. Bless you for the reassurance. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning

It is nice to see Apple back after a few days away. All we need now is Is It Me? to comment and bring this to a close.

I would have thought, call this speculation if you will that if Is It Me?'s friend's application was in anyway successful, he would not be able to resist telling everyone.

Yet, we know that a decision has been issued and there has been nothing said by Is It Me? despite his insistence recently that everyone should make an application.

We should not lose sight that the decision was in regard to two applications and not just that of Is It Me?'s friend.

Today, I visited a site (fletch you will know which one, you recently posted there ) which has threads about mortgage deeds being unsigned. Unlike CAG it would appear that users can amend old posts as on the 25th a user amended their posts on this topic to now read "Unfortunately this avenue has proved unsuccessful, so post removed". As I understand it, this person was involved in promoting this idea and helping others on the basis on that idea.

I wonder, again call this speculation if you will, if this is a reflection on the decision issued of the Property Chamber.

Morning Ben ; )

I'm glad to be back.....

I'd love to see the site you are talking about?

It could be speakaing of the OP's case - who's to know - thought you said there were 10 applications.....

Regardless, whoever it may be referring to - it says there may be more work to be done - especially if it did, as you infer - go against a Borrower ; )

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er Dodge, if the PC declare the Deeds in these cases void using the core argument by Apple in this thread, then it is asserted is it not that the PC may declare that those mortgages in this circumstance would then remain but in equity only, so an Equitable Mortgage??

Now where's my pen I really must finish that crossword.........

WP

Err which core argument is that ?

the deeds in this case were signed by the lender and registered so there was a legal transfer. (ie not an equitable mortgage).

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Good Morning

It is nice to see Apple back after a few days away. All we need now is Is It Me? to comment and bring this to a close.

I would have thought, call this speculation if you will that if Is It Me?'s friend's application was in anyway successful, he would not be able to resist telling everyone.

Yet, we know that a decision has been issued and there has been nothing said by Is It Me? despite his insistence recently that everyone should make an application.

We should not lose sight that the decision was in regard to two applications and not just that of Is It Me?'s friend.

Today, I visited a site (fletch you will know which one, you recently posted there ) which has threads about mortgage deeds being unsigned. Unlike CAG it would appear that users can amend old posts as on the 25th a user amended their posts on this topic to now read "Unfortunately this avenue has proved unsuccessful, so post removed". As I understand it, this person was involved in promoting this idea and helping others on the basis on that idea.

I wonder, again call this speculation if you will, if this is a reflection on the decision issued of the Property Chamber.

Morin Ben

Well that is interesting, I thought that there was no defense, "unfortunately this idea has proved unsuccessful,"Hmm

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I do wonder about the equitable mortgage argument to be honest. Equitable charges/mortgages are recognised by the courts to deal with a situation where one party entered into a contract for the grant of a charge/mortgage, in a situation where the legal formalities for granting charge/mortgage were not properly complied with.

A contract for the grant of a charge/mortgage is a contract for the disposition of an interest in land. These are covered by section 2 of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989 which states that such agreements must be in writing signed by both parties.

Accordingly, if a lender cannot prove that it signed the loan agreement, I struggle to see how it could ask the court to enforce an equitable mortgage. There will certainly be an implied contract for repayment of the money but implied contracts do not meet the formalities of section 2.

My personal view is still that I think it is very unlikely that any of these applications will be successful. But if they are I think that lenders who do not have loan agreements signed by both parties will only be unsecured creditors; and the only way to get at the house would be through the CCJ enforcement process or through making the borrower bankrupt.

Yes Sooooooo if they then have an unsecured debt HOW are they going to get a CCJ without any evidence of a signed loan agreement? How then can the Lender persuade the court that they have a case?? They have nothing to wave at them. What a mortgage offer with ommission of any signature of any of the parties involved? REALLY? How could the Lender show the court that the Borrower agreed with the Terms and Conditions in the first place or that the document was the one relied upon or that the Borrower had indeed even seen it. How could they show the court beyond doubt the terms of the loan agreement/offer and thus any breaches?

Again how could you make a Borrower bankrupt?. A Statutory Demand would be set aside as there was no proof of entitlement for the Lender. In fact I doubt they could even succeed to application.

As an eg. I have three Mortgage Offers with varying terms etc - two with the same date. All unsigned by either party and no place to sign anyhoo.

From the Financial Ombudsman

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/6/signature-june.htm

Yes but as said we are talking about equitable mortgages, which is not the subject of the OPs case.

Regarding the section 2 condition for equitable mortgages, it seems to me that this is not an "agreement" as in for instance the case of a loan agreement, it is more a method of ensuring that all terms and conditions are present, on completion. The actual execution the mortgage or the main part of it if you like is done by the deposit of the title deed as it always has.

The regulation may make it difficult to enforce the charge if the requirement is not met on an equitable mortgage it is true as shown in Sahib.

Although it is difficult to understand the point you are making here Dodge - I will say - the Deed is a Specialty Contract.....Ben assisted the understanding that it incorporates all the terms etc etc... We trust Ben on that one - means we can frame s.2 into the 'arument' afterall - thanks to Ben ; )

It may mean that th Lender can make out that it was the Borrower that induced him into the beleif that he would get an equitable 'mortgage' - I can't see that given it was down to the Lender to sign the deed (specialty contract).......Borrowers cannot force a lender not to sign the form of deed as a 'specialty contract' can they?

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Morin Ben

Well that is interesting, I thought that there was no defense, "unfortunately this idea has proved unsuccessful,"Hmm

There is NO Defence Dodge.....if the Borrower has failed for any reason at the first hurdle - just means we have to keep going....that's all....European Court hasn't even been considered yet mate.....so, hold your horses ; )

Apple

Morning Ben ; )

I'm glad to be back.....

I'd love to see the site you are talking about?

It could be speakaing of the OP's case - who's to know - thought you said there were 10 applications.....

Regardless, whoever it may be referring to - it says there may be more work to be done - especially if it did, as you infer - go against a Borrower ; )

Apple

But Apple there is no defense, How could this happen in even one case ? Now it seems we know of at least three ? which showed there certainly is a defense. In fact that there was never really a case at all, one may speculate.

the deeds in this case were signed by the lender and registered so there was a legal transfer. (ie not an equitable mortgage).

Yesssssss but IF (one more time) the PC rule that the Deeds in these cases ARE void, then what remains? An equitable mortgage? Yes? or would you like me to repeat it again. I hear parrots are very good at crosswords too ;-)

Dodge

Do you mean 'signed by the 'borrower'?

They have not been signed by the Lender at all

Apologies if i've missed your point here...

Apple

there is no defence dodge.....if the borrower has failed for any reason at the first hurdle - just means we have to keep going....that's all....european court hasn't even been considered yet mate.....so, hold your horses ; )

apple

lol

But Apple there is no defense, How could this happen in even one case ? Now it seems we know of at least three ? which showed there certainly is a defense. In fact that there was never really a case at all, one may speculate.

Not sure what you are inferring here Dodge.... Are you saying the application was un-successful??

Like I say, if it was; then it simply says - failed at the first hurdle - on to the next - we haven't even started talking European court yet Dodge.....it's only in the 'first-tier'

Apple

Yesssssss but IF (one more time) the PC rule that the Deeds in these cases ARE void, then what remains? An equitable mortgage? Yes? or would you like me to repeat it again. I hear parrots are very good at crosswords too ;-)

Yess but one more time, why would he, the deeds are compliant.

If the Deed is declared void - then there is support to say - he can rely on the form of deed as a 'specialty contract' - so that if he has not signed that - then it makes sense that the Lender will look to an equitable remedy......it's arguable as to whether he should be allowed to get it because the ball was in his court to sign the deed...... garguillo says - estoppal won't help the Lender....

An equitable remedy as I understand it does not give a right to 'possession'...

Apple

Not sure what you are inferring here Dodge.... Are you saying the application was un-successful??

Like I say, if it was; then it simply says - failed at the first hurdle - on to the next - we haven't even started talking European court yet Dodge.....it's only in the 'first-tier'

Apple

No just to be clear, what i am saying is that all the arguments that you have put forward on this thread are false and the court has proven this to be the case.

Let it go Apple whilst you have a shred of credibility left

Apple

Well of course it was, there was no argument.

There is NO Defence Dodge.....if the Borrower has failed for any reason at the first hurdle - just means we have to keep going....that's all....European Court hasn't even been considered yet mate.....so, hold your horses ; )

Apple

Sorry but which section EU court would you be appealing to, have you put in the application yet, fascinated to hear all the details.

Better

Yess but one more time, why would he, the deeds are compliant.

Compliant with 'common practice' or 'Statute'?

I know, you are likely to say 'both'.....it's been that way for years..blah blah... common practice is based on the common law which is based on statute.....blah, blah, blah...

If the LAW says it is not possible to 'mortgage' a registered estate.....then if there is a 'mortgage' - that MUST be a MISTAKE.

Applications made to the Chamber are to look to correct MISTAKES

You argue that it is permitted within the common law to 'mortgage' by charge by way of legal mortgage.....however.....fact is.....any 'mortgage' either by charge by way of legal mortgage or otherwise can only be applied to 'un-registered' land - under the 'first registration triggers'......

You insist a deed is 'unilateral' - any 'unilateral' instrument is challengable - it is only 'agreed notices' that will not be challenged Dodge.

Apple

No just to be clear, what i am saying is that all the arguments that you have put forward on this thread are false and the court has proven this to be the case.

Well you can't mean the PC as the decision has not been made yet has it. So which court are you referring Dodge? Do tell.

Now 4 down three across........aha got it..... s.u.b.s.t.a.n.t.i.a.t.i.o.n

I don't believe that to be the case.

see Paragon & Pender - I think it was the Judge in one of those many appeals that confirmed it ; )

Apple

Although it is difficult to understand the point you are making here Dodge - I will say - the Deed is a Specialty Contract.....Ben assisted the understanding that it incorporates all the terms etc etc... We trust Ben on that one - means we can frame s.2 into the 'arument' afterall - thanks to Ben ; )

It may mean that th Lender can make out that it was the Borrower that induced him into the beleif that he would get an equitable 'mortgage' - I can't see that given it was down to the Lender to sign the deed (specialty contract).......Borrowers cannot force a lender not to sign the form of deed as a 'specialty contract' can they?

Apple

I fail to see how the lender cold mislead the borrower as the methods for producing the different mortgages . are not at all similar.

Yes Sooooooo if they then have an unsecured debt HOW are they going to get a CCJ without any evidence of a signed loan agreement? How then can the Lender persuade the court that they have a case?? They have nothing to wave at them. What a mortgage offer with ommission of any signature of any of the parties involved? REALLY? How could the Lender show the court that the Borrower agreed with the Terms and Conditions in the first place or that the document was the one relied upon or that the Borrower had indeed even seen it. How could they show the court beyond doubt the terms of the loan agreement/offer and thus any breaches?

Again how could you make a Borrower bankrupt?. A Statutory Demand would be set aside as there was no proof of entitlement for the Lender. In fact I doubt they could even succeed to application.

As an eg. I have three Mortgage Offers with varying terms etc - two with the same date. All unsigned by either party and no place to sign anyhoo.

From the Financial Ombudsman

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/6/signature-june.htm

There is no requirement for contracts to be in writing or have a signature. At common law, the only thing you need to form a contract are (1) an offer and (2) acceptance. There is no requirement for detailed T&Cs to be in place. Mortgages generally are not subject to the formalities required by the consumer credit act.

There can be no doubt that you agreed to borrow the money. You took the money and you used it to buy a house. You can't reasonably claim that you didn't intend to borrower the moeny or that you thought it was a gift. There is no real doubt that a contract was formed.

The only issue would be the exact terms of the debt. It is better from the lender's perspective if they have a signed document but its really not necessary. All the lender is required to show in a civil court is that, on a balance of probabilities, you were provided with the mortgage terms which it seeks to rely on.

The article you linked to is about a situation where a borrower claims he/she was made a promise by a mortgage employee which should form part of the contract. An example would be early repayment charges. There was also a case on the General Legal Issues forum recently where a CAGGer challenged a bank over its claims to allow temporary payment holidays. But I don't see how you can contest the whole thing.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ah, that word again 'credibility'.

Dodge, If you are right and the case was un-successful against the Borrower - Please understand - It would be because of my 'credibility' for why I for one would keep going ; )

I would have no issue with the understanding that a negative decision at this stage - represents no more than a failure at the first hurdle.....

This could take yeeaaaarrrrrsssssss....

Apple

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks