Bank charges made on my account by Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

In order for me to get the Halifax to respond to my letters I infornmed them that I would be taking court action with immediate affect, that was three weeks ago. But it done the trick, they responded within 48 hours and informed me that they would look into my complaint regarding bank charges, and would inform me of their findings within four weeks.

Well today being the 12th April 2006 they have sent me a reply, it states that Ishould be aware that they incur costs for every transaction made, also that they have clearly oulined their charging policy in relation to my account. They also have stated that they are keen to help me avoid any unecessary charges by providing various ways for me to keep track of my account.

Finally they have informed me that it is my responsibility to manage my account, but however as a gesture of good will they are prepared to refund me £195.00 which is not even close to what they have taken from my account in charges. they have also sent me another form for me to sign for acceptance of their offer as final payment and settlement of my complaint regarding bank charges, along with the treat of closing my account if I do not manage it crrectly in the future. Further to this if my concerns still remain unsolved they want me to contact them by telepthone to tell them how Iwant them to put things right.

I am not going to accept their offer, but do I contact them by phone or proceed with court action to resolve this, as by their letter I beleive they are as good as accepting responsibility but trying to fob me off with a insulting offer.

I would be grateful for feed back from anyone as to how I should proceed

taffy 50

I have served in the forces for 11 years, I am a project worker supporting the homeless, and Married with four children, I have a great passion of caring for people.

Same letter as I got from their Litigation assistant today, then, word for word.

Exept that as mine was in response to a court summons, they have repaid in full.

LBA then. Thanks for offer, but unless you get full refund within 7 days, you'll issue court claim. Quick and painful. :D

Thanks for the response, I am going to inform them unless they pay in full what I am claiming within Seven days I will see them in court, they may think that they have got the upper hand but how wrong they are I do not cave in under pressure.

Taffy is on a role

I have served in the forces for 11 years, I am a project worker supporting the homeless, and Married with four children, I have a great passion of caring for people.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an offer of £195.00 from the halifax, but rejected this offer, I have now had another letter from the halifax with an offer of £622.00 stating that they are not willing to pay the full ammount I have asked for. Their are three things for me to consider here, do I accept this offer,or do I hold out for my original claim which was £1432.00, this consisted of the amount of bank charges they have stopped me plus compensation for the stress and hardship that it has caused me, our do I just claim the £985.00 that is the total sum they have taken from my bank account.

If anyone feels they can help me to make the right decision I would be grateful for this.

Thanks Taffy 50

Hi all

I have had another letter back from the Halifax, and they hve stated that they will not pay the whole ammount back to me, this is after I informed them that Iwou8ld not be seeking any extrat for hardship or distress caused by them or even the interest that Iwould be entitled to, but they have dug their heels in. This is no problem for me as I have now started court proceedings and Iwill be asking for the interest in court. I have all the legal paperwork plus more in order to take them on, and I have never walked away from a challange in my life if I am in the right, so I will see them in court. They had their chance and blew it happy days.

Guest Lueeze

I have merged your posts so you can keep a track on your events, and it will help others follow the story!

Good Luck!

Lou x

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum so this will be my first contribution but I expect to be back quite often. I have been trying to reclaim charges from the Nationwide since the beginning of the year but with no success yet. About a month ago I sent a letter asking for a full and comprehensive list of all my default charges following a template from another source as I have not been able to locate all of my statements. I gave a maximum of 40 days as they are obliged to reply in under the Data Protection Act. Nothing was received from them and becoming impatient I sent another letter with a copy of the first to the Chief Executive. I had also sent a cheque for £10 with the first letter to provide me with this information. This morning I received a letter once again telling me that they regretted my position but I had signed an agreement when I opened my account and that they could not refund the charges. They also; very helpfully; sent me a list of advice on how to avoid further charges but failed to respond to my request for the list of charges. I had informed the CEO that I needed this list to calculate how much I would be claiming back when I go to court. Having looked at TAFFY'S posts on the forum I was somewhat surprised to see the Halifax send out very similar advice on how to avoid charges. After all; aren't the Nationwide currently running a T.V. ad where they say they are proud to be different? I wonder if this could get them into trouble with the advertising watchdog as it is clearly untrue? I; like TAFFY; don't like to let go when I get my teeth into something like this. Good luck TAFFY!!

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks