Esa wrag

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my ESA medical back in June 2012 and, lo and behold, got 0 points. I then appealed against this and lost the appeal. With the help of my local CAB, I took the appeal and medical to tribunal and got 15 points and was put in WRAG. This was on 15 April 2013.

Before all this I was on IB of £106.00 (roughly) per week. During the appeal and tribunal this went down to £71.00 (roughly) per week and my last payment was on the day of the tribunal at £142.40 for the fortnight.

My questions are:

1. How long does it normally take for DWP to backdate the money I should have been getting in the first place and

2. Can anyone tell me what the current rate of benefit is for ESA WRAG as I have just checked my bank account and I have had a payment of £142.40 for the last fortnight since the tribunal. I thought I would be getting about £95 per week on ESA WRAG.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The current WRAG rate is £100.15 pw or £200.30 per fortnight.

It sounds like you are still being paid on the assessment rate which is £71.70 or £143.40 per fortnight (last year's rate was £70.70 or £141.40) - so if you had a payment of £142.40, that would have been made up of 1 week at old assessment rate and 1 week at new

Not sure how long it takes DWP to reassess your award, in some cases it has takes days or weeks, although have heard others say months

And as Nystagmite stated above: -

1. if your IB was more than your ESA, you should be protected at old IB rate until ESA rate catches up to it
  2. if your IB was less than or equal to ESA rate, you would just go on to ESA rate

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.