• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Are we really this stupid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no idea how much UK Plc is in debt... I do wonder why we need to borrow from private bankers though? A sovereign state can issue its own debt free currency so why borrow? Who are these trillions owed to by every nation?

This debt owed by so many to so few is a [problem], it has been engineered to enslave us all. Once the control of money was transferred from the gold standard and was handed over to private banks we were screwed.

Private banks such as the US Federal reserve literally create money from nothing without having anything to back it up with such as gold.

This fiat currency is a huge con and I wish people could see it.

The deficit is a globally engineered con perpetrated by generations of one or two families. Rothchilds are one.

The ultimate aim seems to be a one world government with the majority living in an orwellian society with a very few feeding off us all.

It's social engineering of the highest order and with the darkest motives.

Get out of the EUROPEAN Union all together. They are taking our sovereignty by stealth. The Late Lady Thatcher was well aware of the objectives of the EU... I hated her at the time btw but she was right about that. That's why influence was used from outside to shove her out... She wasn't voted out, her own ministers got rid of her with more than a little help from outsiders.

We should demand a global return to the gold standard for currency a day prevent the any private company from controlling a nations finances.

• Haha 1

"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”

Baron M.A. Rothschild

Once the very few bankers have the control over currency they become all powerful and Presidents, Prime ministers, Monarchs are all subservient to them ... (Not openly of course)

The fact still remains that these private banks create money out of NOTHING and then charge interest for it. A 1p coin has more monetary value than a £50 note in reality because it has some value as metal , the only value of a £50 note is faith in this current fraudulent system we have all embraced so eagerly. The money in your pocket is no longer backed by anything which leads to the current situation.

I would still like to know who every country on the planet owes money to ? No news organisation has took this up , dont you find it strange that we as a nation owe so much money ?

The Tories blame Labour , yeah right !!! Gordon Brown could not bring down the entire global economy on his own, it took organisation and co-ordination

Maggie Thantcher wouldnt join in and play by the unwritten rules of the financial moguls , so she was got rid of .

I believe it works like this , a situation is created ( whether it be a terrorist attack or a financial crisis ) then Governments deal with these situations in a number of ways but always at the expense of personal freedoms, or increased financial levys .

We have a problem , there is an initial reaction then those who supposedly govern propose a solution. Its a tried and tested social engineering ploy and it obviously works because no-one questions it.

The British in particular have a moan for a bit the just get on with it, ( poll tax was the one exception i recall)

It just doesnt seem to be discussed openly by politicians, the media or anyone . I would bet ( with my worthless money) that all the debt is owed to a very small but very wealthy group of people.

My solution??? You misjudged me honeybee. I'm unable to propose a solution. We should definitely remove control of the wealth from private banks and return to the gold standard. As for a definitive solution... It would take a better mind than mine to work that out.

Without the people seeing the problem there is no hope. Only numbers can make a difference.

Google the lawful bank there are some ideas there, I never was any good with money!

I believe it to be the Vatican

I believe the Vatican has some influence but it does not own the United States Federal Reserve... Which despite its name is a privately run bank... One prominent figure in the Federal reserve said when a person writes a cheque the money is deducted from their account. When the Federal Reserve writes a cheque it creates money.

I believe the ownership of the Federal Reserve to be connected to the UK in a big way... QE2 connections have been implied.

Back to the Vatican.. I have no doubt that they weild immense power and influence but I think they are more of a compliant non participant who know what's happening.. Sort of aiding and abetting from the sidelines and no doubt the benefit financially in one way or another.

Don't get me started on the Rothchilds, or the Rockafellas!!! :-x

Anyone who funds the first world war is not to be trusted in my opinion!

It funny you mentioned that because it appears that Massive population reduction is one of the hidden agendas.

Quite how where and when I don't know. It may or may not be in my lifetime... Freedom is an illusion, the UK is the most surveilled society on the planet... Yes worse than China, Russia or the United States.

Even free speech is an illusion now, prosecutions for Facebook posts and tweets. The worst of it is, we have been conditioned to accept it and still believe we are free.

Your reasoning is contradictory. On the one hand you say we don't need to borrow because we can print money. On the other hand you say we should return to the gold standard, but the whole point of the gold standard is that it stops governments from printing money because currency has to be backed by reserves.

If you print money, you end up with inflation. Debt is more manageable because it starts being inflated away, but people are made poorer as they cannot buy as much with their wages. The gold standard prevents all this, but because you can't print money to inflate away your debt and finance current spending, you end up with much higher debt levels.

You can't have it both ways. There are only two ways governments can sustain a situation where spending is greater than tax income. They can either take on debt, effectively pushing today's spending into tomorrow's tax rises, or they can print money and achieve the same result through deflating the value of people's income.

Inflate debt away???? Sorry I'm no economist. But I thought interest and compound interest charged on this money that is created from nothing is a never ending spiral of debt. If money could only be created when you can back it with something then it could not be created out of things air and lent out at silly rates of interest.

Borrowing from banks that back their currency with something would introduce more stability than currently exists.

Maybe government should keep out of the money printing business but those institutions that do issue currency should hold reserves to back it up. The creation of money from nothing is the problem.

Any institution such as the US FEDERAL RESERVE should be regularly audited... It never has been for some reason.

I bet the contents of fort knox are now in Rothchilds private vault.

Who is buying up all the gold with this created from nothing currency? Who is the national debt of every nation owed to?

Edited by coppullcaveman1
Addition

I understand what you are saying and I still say a gold backed currency is the most stable as only a finite amount of currency can be printed based on national reserves.

Borrowing money that is backed by gold would prevent the massive fraud that is occurring now. .

We already have the worst thing imaginable... And egocentric elitist ultra nationalist natural born exterminator, not exactly natural born, more engineered. The United States of America. Not the people... The ones who are in power. ( I don't think it's president obama either... He's just a puppet like all the other latterday us presidents , George Bush with the IQ of an ape running a nation on his own lmfao! ) .

I reckon I have about 20 years left if I'm lucky and I doubt I will see any drastic changes for the better or worse.

Control of the wealth is the key to drastic change. Private Corporations are running this planet purely for profit at any cost.

Edited by coppullcaveman1
Predict text error

• 1 month later...
There would be much less money in the circulation if it had to be backed by gold. That would be a bad thing in many ways.

I understand what you mean... So is the problem down to private banks issuing currency.... Areturn to gold standard wouldn't have to be gold strictly speaking... It could be the "worth of a nation" but private banks creating money at the push of a button then lending this unbacked cash to nations at whatever interest rate.... Governments only should issue currency... Just my opinion...