hogemeister -v- RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone......

Like everyone else, I've been reading the forums for the past few weeks (maybe even months!) and decided to start the ball rolling. Initially was a little hesitant, but I've come to realise there is one common denominator throughout this site: TO GET OUR CHARGES BACK!

Got all my statements through (they sent them twice!), then sent the request for payment. And just a couple of days ago, got a reply from Tommy saying the usual. First thing tomorrow my LBA will be sent.

Wish me luck......

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You don't need luck, you'll be absolutely fine. You seem to know exactly what you're doing, well done xxxx

This morning i got a letter from Tommy offering £1700 and stating that charges that continue to accrue must stand. I don't care, coz once I've had them all back, it will be the last i see of The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Sent the Rejection of settlement offer, now waiting for the postie to get back to me.

It's all good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Yes, YES, YES!!!!

Can't beleive it, yes i can.......

£3685 credited to my account, thank you tommy mclean, you're the best....

And it only took about a month and a half, too easy I say. Also, buy the consumeractiongroup stickers, they must have made a difference, I'm sure they did.

I've told everybody I know, and they have told everyone they know. I can't remember the amount of times I have told people about this site.

Thank you consumeractiongroup.

My donation is on it's way.......

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

About a month I got all my charges back, thanks to this site. But, after further reading here I've noticed there were other things I could have claimed for, but never knew. And it totals around £1100.

My final letter from RBS stated the amount I was about to recieve was the full and final payment, so I signed and agreed. So, could I claim again for the ones I've missed?

Is it worth a try? See what happens? Or am I snookered.....

Third paragraph:

Payment is made on the basis of a full and final settlement of your claim. It is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error. Also, our terms and conditions will continue to apply and any future charges, in the asbence of bank error will stand.

If you are prepared to accept my offer on this basis, please sign and return the copy of this letter. On receipt of your signed acceptance, arrangements will be for payment within 5 working days.

I signed it, and sent it away, and got my pennies.

Do I have a chance?