Hastings Direct - Disgrace, any solutions?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my other half recently renewed her car insurance using a comparison site. She received a quote from Hastings Direct which was amongst the cheapest and took the policy.

Within a couple of weeks she received a letter and an email asking for her occupation, annual mileage, and use of vehicle. All 3 of which she had given accurately when using the comparison site that Hastings Direct gave a quote for. She provided this information again stating that she had already provided it also.

Last Friday she received a letter to state that they had changed her policy without her authorisation and her monthly payments were up to £52 from £46 with an amendment fee of £35!

She immediately rang them up and queried this. She was told that there was nothing she could do about it as they had a different mileage down to what was given on the comparison site and use of vehicle. We believe this could be a lie as we are adamant that we put the same use of vehicle down on the comparison site as we stated in the email and we see no other reason for them to have tried to chase this information up other than to try and force a fee as it was already given once. Anything that can be done about this? Tempted to cancel the direct debit and go with another insurer, if they then chase the fee tell them to take us to court or is this too extreme? £120 extra because of a fee which we didn't even ask to change the policy for and details that apparently they didn't have (bs?) is a joke.

Any suggestions?

moved to the hastings forum

we have a rep here they should pick this up too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ncfcrulz, Thank you for posting about your experience, I am sorry to hear about this situation and I am sure I can help you get this matter resolved. Can you please send me the policy details so that I can investigate what has happened? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie