• Tweets

• The address is only a paper address with no actual manned staff address. Police have rang me this morning and taken some more information including the details of the driver who they say they will contact and interview.  They are also putting in a formal request to Shiply to get the couriers driving license and biometric information held on file. IF anyone else has been in the same position with this particular courier, please please let me know and we can perhaps go down the strength in numbers route xx
    • Heres a point, while we wait for @theoldrouge to condemn rather than promote and support right wing bigots spouting genuine and clear monstrous antisemitic rhetoric ... Isn't it actually specifically unlawful to promote violence against politicians on top of laws to criminalise such things? ... As is reported happening in these closed facebook groups run by Tory staff and where a Tory police minister and the Tory London mayor candidate are members and post?   .. or do the Tories (seemingly like tor) only promote laws for protecting the hate spouting hard right ?   "“Some of these (Tory facebook groups) posts constitute the most appalling racism and I would urge the Conservative Party to swiftly distance itself from these hate-filled groups and urgently investigate what role any Conservative politicians and officials have played within them. “Susan Hall and the Tory MPs who have belonged to these groups need to come out and explain why – and to denounce the content they have tacitly endorsed by their membership.” "Reporters found widespread racism and Islamophobia as well as conspiracy theories and celebrations of criminal damage on the pages, including sharing the white supremacist slogan and antisemitic videos. " "Unearthed found that 46 out of the 82 admins have clear links to the Tory Party, including a recent digital campaign manager for the party and a conservative activist. Conservative councillor for Haywards Heath, Rachel Cromie, is an admin on all the groups. "     Also interesting that Facebook groups opposing 20mph speed limit in Wales are being run by English Tories   Conservative-run anti-Ulez Facebook groups hosted racist and Islamophobic posts - Unearthed UNEARTHED.GREENPEACE.ORG Tory staff running Facebook groups described as 'cesspits of vile racism' WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT TORY staff and activists are running Facebook pages which are riddled with white supremacist slogans and Islamophobic attacks... Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts   Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts - London Post LONDON-POST.CO.UK A coordinated network of 36 Facebook groups opposing London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), run by Conservative councillors and...  
    • Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mariln/M&S/credit file

sillygirl1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ive recieved a letter from the lovely Marlin

saying they now own a old debt of mine from M&S that I defaulted on in 1998

( taken out m & s card in 1994 can u believe)

and Its deffo statute barred.

It says in letter that they will notify credit ref agencys of this debt untill its paid

but it would have already had six years on my file from 1998 when I defaulted.

Can they do this? I thought it was only allowed to be on your file once?

Thanks

If the original default has fallen off your credit file then they cannot create a new one, they would only be able to amend the original default to reflect the change in ownership etc, but since this has now gone, there really isn't a lot they can do with regard to the CRAs, time to complain methinks

Hi, for clarification Statute barred = 6 years no payment (to any one) regarding the debt and no written acknowledgment made.

So send the following to the Compliance Manager Marlin.

Ref: Use theirs.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx regardding an alleged debt relating to an M&S account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Marlin or any company it may claim to reperesent.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not make any payment now or in the future.

I would remind Marlin that if it should dispute the status of the alleged debt the onus of proving unequivocally that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely on Marl.

Marlin will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from its records.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi response to letter to marlin says they have checked with M&S and last payment was made in 2009 so they say its not SB and basically what do i intend to do about it.

I need to dig out all bank statements and check this but im sure it was not 2009.......

I expect better brains than me will be along soon, But the onus is on Marlin to prove this 'PAYMENT' was made at that time, or send them a letter along the lines of ' you say a payment was made on this account in 2009, Please send me the following , If by BACS the account and name of the originating bank, the date, if by Credit/Debit card the 16 digit number from the card , if by cheque the name of the issuing bank, the date drawn and the date the funds cleared, A CASH PAYMENT IS UNACCEPTABLE hope this helps but as I say someone a little cleverer will be along and give you advice :-)

Hello,

I would write back and refer them to section 2 of the 2006 Fraud Act as below.

I spoke to the police at Worthing after my run in with them and the CID down there are fully aware of the way they run their business. The police and Sussex County Council have had lots of complaints but getting a conviction requires a lot of proof and man hours.

I would also send a complain to the OFT, the more people who complain about Marlin the more likely they are to be sanctioned, or, hopefully, have their consumer credit license revoked.

2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2)A representation is false if

(a)it is untrue or misleading, and

(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

(3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of

(a)the person making the representation, or

(b)any other person.

(4)A representation may be express or implied.

(5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

Martin g

If payment was no through your bank, you need to ask for unequivocal proof of:

1. The method of payment : Third Party Cheque, Postal Order, Cash via payment slip etc.

2. Name of the person making payment.

3. Any identifying account numbers used

4. If a third party cheque was used, name of drawer, the bank on which the cheque was drawn, the sort code and the account number.

State that '' a cash paymnent without identifying who made iit and by what method is not aqcceptable of proof that any such payment was made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hello,

I would write back and refer them to section 2 of the 2006 Fraud Act as below.

I spoke to the police at Worthing after my run in with them and the CID down there are fully aware of the way they run their business. The police and Sussex County Council have had lots of complaints but getting a conviction requires a lot of proof and man hours.

You WILL need to have proof of any such wrong doing befoer complaining.

I would also send a complain to the OFT, the more people who complain about Marlin the more likely they are to be sanctioned, or, hopefully, have their consumer credit license revoked.

2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2)A representation is false if

(a)it is untrue or misleading, and

(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

(3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of

(a)the person making the representation, or

(b)any other person.

(4)A representation may be express or implied.

(5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

Martin g

You will need to be sure of your facts before making allegations of fraud.

Agree wih brig here. Follow brigs advice and demand full proof of the payment. Chances are theyll say something like postal order or theyll say its an admin error.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the payment is £1.00 or £10.00 then there is always s suspicion that this could be a misappropriated statutory fee with the DCA/Creditor stating that they have never received such a request.

Hi and thank for your replies.

I am trying to find out when I DID last make a payment, because I was paying Rockwell DCA £5 per month. So need bank statements from further back. I did send CCA request but it was NOT 2009, it was well before then.

Will post back after I have found statements.

Thanks again

Right, I knew I kept everything.

Last payment made was to rockwell on 3rd november 2008. (so not SB as I first thought)

Sent cca request on 23rd november 2007 (still have post office reciept for letter) and they (m and s) sent my a copy of my application form dated november 1994.........:!:

After rockwell it was passed onto fenton cooper whom I wrote to telling them to bog off basically and I actually have a letter from Fentons saying we can confirm we are taking no further action in this matter and our files are now closed.

After that it was passed to collect direct uk but i ignored them and nothing untill now with marlin.....

M&S accounts did have ''dual purpose'' app/agreement forms.

Fenton Cooper tend to pass files back if they see a case as not easy.

Marlin are certainly more persistent, may be worth a £1 for a cca request

to Marlin.

well marlin saying that the last payment was made october 2009 is a lie, and, if they had the account info they would see this.

Is it worth telling marlin that ive checked bank statements and no such payment was made on that date and basically "prove it"?

If youve been paying rockwell then theres a high chance you were cash cowed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

well marlin saying that the last payment was made october 2009 is a lie, and, if they had the account info they would see this.

Is it worth telling marlin that ive checked bank statements and no such payment was made on that date and basically "prove it"?

Yes that would be a good move, require/demand unequivocal proof of payment, payment method etc.

You know when a cow gives milk for very little effort or reason? And the farmer can grab the cow at any time and it will produce milk on demand? Youre doing the same but with money.