rbs overdraft charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there was some confusion over the letter i wrote to RBS regarding setting up s/o coming out of my second account.

according to them it wasnt spicific enough and they set it up all wrong, they made excuses for this and i was charged £152.00, they refunded 2 as they call it a GOGW but i believe that all 4 charges should of been refunded.

is there anyway that i can get those charges back from them?

regarding getting my charges back, the bank has already refused to refund them, what would be the first step, do i go to the head office or the bank itself? is there ant letter templates for me to use

Ask for a copy of your letter you sent them in the 1st place.

It will either be stored

(a) electronically on "Customer Events System" and they can print out a copy for you there and then.

or

(b) as a hard copy in branch. They can find the letter filed away with the days work for whenever the standing order was set up (if you don't know what date it is ask for a print out of your SO it's listed as the "date of authority")

Assuming the letter proves you are right and the bank set the SO up wrong then speak to the manager or phone customer relations insisting on a refund due to bank error. (see sticky on RBS contact details). (Remember the manager is maxed at £50 refunds though)

If they are unable to produce a letter with your signature on it then write to or phone customer relations as a SO has been debited to your account without any apparent permision.

Even if you DID set the SO up wrong in any case going through the methods on this site will work also.

Good luck :)

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks