Account in Default - Can I still claim?

giveITallback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Justice sekers,

Can anyone tell me if the account has been closed and the fact Im overdrawn and not using my acount whether I can still claim?? They have passed my debt to a collection agency as Im over £2000 overdrawn the limit was less than that but not much??

Also what about credit cards if they have been passed over to agencies can I still claim back all the charges even if no payments were made on the account for several months prior to account closure?

I do have agreements in place with all my creditors except the bank to repay my debts at agreed monthly amounts with frozen interest (most seem to be agencies the debt has been passed to) if I can claim is there a chance that they may unfreeze the interest and begin asking for full monthly payments with interest again?

With regards to the interest spreadsheet, it calculates the charges obviously and also the interest from these charges, what rate does the spreadsheet use for this?

Can you claim, YES. The thing you have to make those who are chasing you is that the debt is in dispute. I hope that helps and I'm sure others will also be able to offer further advice. Good Luck

Yes thanks it does help, I have just requested statements, a print out of the last years interest charges as they have continued charging me dispite changing aco****s and not sending a single statment in that period!

Also going back through statements I noticed a bank error when they transferred funds between two of my accounts. They made an error which put my account overdrawn for not even one day and then charged me £44 interest for a computer processing a transfer of £20k can you believe it!

I have added my charges to the spreadsheet and it calculates the interest you are likely to have been charged on the penalties right? What % is used any ideas?

I am going to charge contractual interest at their unarranged borrowing rate of 29.5% the same rate they charge us if we spend anything over our agreed limits. Am I right in thinking that I should disclose this information in the prelim letter?