Peterbeale VS Halifax-- settled in full

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent my request for refund to my bank this weekend - 8/4/06, sent it first class recorded, so they can't deny not receiving it! (unless royal mail keep up their record).

Halifax have taken just under £2500 in charges in just over 3 years from me, can't wait to see if the legal system actually works?

Peter

Halifax Current Acc - £2925 - Settled in FULL

Halifax Credit Card - £429.74 -Settled in FULL

Nationwide Flex Acc - £654 - Settled in FULL

Good luck mate. Keep us posted on how long it takes them to cough up!

Expect a letter saying something along the lines of, "we are sorry you're not happy....yada yada yada..... please read this leaflet while we look into your complaint" signed, "a computer programme - not actually a person, but a signature made to look like a person has signed it....."

Keep it going - like it says in the FAQs - don't falter - and soon, you will be writing - "Halifax paid out!"

Did you once own a market stall in Walford?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest blindman
Hi,

Sent my request for refund to my bank this weekend - 8/4/06, sent it first class recorded, so they can't deny not receiving it! (unless royal mail keep up their record).

Peter

I discovered that the 'Recorded Service' is a waste of space.

Lost

Wonder how many more items get 'lost' when going to the Halifax?

Hi Thanks for that, no i did not own a fruit and veg stall, i have been around at least 3-4 years previous to him appearing. Joke that is wearing a bit thin now.

I have received a letter from my local branch this morning, saying thank you for my letter received 11th april, blah blah blah. it has been forwarded to our dedicated department regarding this issue at customer relations.

The best of it, is that the letter has a date on it of 9th February 2006, also says about my request to have my charges repaid within 28 days, even though my preliminary letter stated 14 days, and it printed wonky on shoddy quality A4 paper.

Only good thing was that it was manually signed, with a blue biro.

Oh, yes i did get the cheap leaflet about "personal customer complaints"

Thanks

Don't even reply to that one. Wait until your 14 day deadline is up and then send your letter before action. See my thread for update on how my claim is going (chipsandsausages v halifax) - once you send your LBA, expect a swift response.

At least you know we're all getting the same letters - they've probably printed out a job lot - and had to order more leaflets!!!

Hi

Got no intention of replying, just going to wait for the 14 day period to expire.

While I'm waiting i'll be writing the LBA, give them a very big shock

Ha Ha.

I'm not going to back down on this one - I Want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. I got an offer of £380 - pah! I will await their next offer. Wonder how much they'll offer you?

As long as you expect to have to put a claim in - you'll be alright. They will go as far as they can in an attempt to frighten you off - but WE know better.......

Da Da Daaaahhhh!

(That was supposed to sound dramatic - sorry)

Hi All,

Just an upate really, still not heard nothing since sending off prelim letter, and receiving the automatic reply letter, 14 days is nearly up (this saturday coming).

Already have LBA ready to go. Will enjoy sending this one off!

For once in my life i feel good about screwing a bank for money, instead of the bank making me feel bad and screwing me.

Ta

Hi Everyone,

Another update.

Received letter from Customer services, everyone knows the one - the automated typed signature default reply letter.

This is the reply i received.

"Dear Mr Beale

Thank you for you letter dated 11 April 2006 requesting information on your account for the last 6 years.

Copies of bank statements can be provided with this information on. there is a £5 charge for this service." BLah Blah Blah

Usual crap below this.

Signed

CareyAnn McEwan

I have just a few point to say before i send my LBA.

1. I have not had my account for 6 years
  2. I never asked for copies of my bank statements
  3. I sent the prelim letter not the DPA

In th 14 days waiting for this reply i have had even more charges added to my account, which now pushes charges up to £2525.00

More info soon.

Looks like we've made them all confused, poor people.

:D

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Theres nothing poor about them, they have all our money!!

Bunch of (edit) rascals

Ha Ha

Hi All,

Just had a thought, as my account is overdrawn by several hundred pounds, most of this is accumulated charges, (when i say most i mean all). when i file my claim and if (big if) they refund my money to the full amount, would they have to zero my account then put my money in or would i have to pay that overdrawn amount? :confused:

:smile: "To succeed in winning the battle, stay positive, visualise the outcome, and never give in to negativity":smile:

As for me i am visualising i have won and i have my money, and not even thinking negatively.

I don't think you'd get them to zero your a/c first, that would be like paying up twice. Your OD amount, as you say, is complied of charges. For them to refund your charges to you - would zero your a/c - and give you the chance to start over.

Anyway, I like the bit about not thinking negatively, I'm exactly the same. Got the money spent already! (after squaring my OD anyway!)

Hope you get what you're owed.

x

Don't even reply to that one. Wait until your 14 day deadline is up and then send your letter before action. See my thread for update on how my claim is going (chipsandsausages v halifax) - once you send your LBA, expect a swift response.

At least you know we're all getting the same letters - they've probably printed out a job lot - and had to order more leaflets!!!

At least the printers are raking it in this time lol :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

:rolleyes: UPDATE!!!:rolleyes: 28/04/2004

Received letter from halifax this morning, giving all the usual crap about how they incur costs for every item and transaction, yada yada yada

Goodwill Gesture of - £531 for full and final settlement

Signed by

Wait for it

Yes you've guessed

Richard Aitken

I'll tell you what, i ain't takin' no prisoners, i'm in this for the long haul.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!

In the last couple of days i have also sent off letters to Nationwide and my halifax credit card.

Cant wait for their responses.

------------------------------------------------

Halifax Current Acc - £2525

08/04/2006 - Prelim Letter Sent

22/04/2006 - LBA Sent

28/04/2006 - Gesture of goodwill £531

06/05/2006 - Deadline before court action

Nationwide Flex Acc - £634

27/04/2006 - Prelim Letter Sent

Halifac Credit Card - £345

28/04/2006 - Prelim Letter Sent

Here is my reply letter, please can you tell me if this looks ok.

As i am a bit wary of the last paragraph.

Thanks

Halifax plc

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

29 April 2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX Sort Code: XX-XX-XX Roll No. D/XXXXXXXX- X

Thank-you for your letter dated 27th April 2006 (Your Ref: XXXXXXXX). However, whilst I appreciate your swift reply your offer to partially refund the amount owed is unsatisfactory.

As stated in my previous letter (I have attached a copy of this), I calculate that you have taken £2525.00 since I opened my account with you, and I require that the full sum plus interest owed should be refunded forthwith.

If you do not comply fully within the 14 days, then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

For a reminder and your reference the 14 Days I have given you to respond within before court action proceeds ends on the 06 May 2006.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Peter A Beale

Thank-you for your letter dated 27th April 2006 (Your Ref: XXXXXXXX). However, whilst I appreciate your swift reply your offer to partially refund the amount owed is unsatisfactory.

As stated in my previous letter (I have attached a copy of this), I calculate that you have taken £2525.00 since I opened my account with you, and I require that the full sum plus interest owed should be refunded forthwith.

If you do not comply fully within the 14 days, then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

For a reminder and your reference the 14 Days I have given you to respond within before court action proceeds ends on the 06 May 2006.

That seems okay to me, it tells them everything they need to know. The only difference with my last letter to them was, I accepted their offer to refund part - but told them I didn't accept it as a final settlement and that I would be claiming the remainder through the courts.

They've not replied yet - quelle surprise!

Good luck! Hope you get your money back too.

x

All the threads end the same way Halifax more or less tell us to get stuffed untill they are being taken to court then they pay up with the interest and the extra fees (perhaps this is where they got their "extra" slogan from lol)

Still it worries me not lets hope i get the extra with my claim as well,

I just wonder what the shareholders will think about all this extra going out :rolleyes:

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

It took me a while to get into the swing of things, but i am now going all guns blazing, not going to back down not in a million years

UPDATE

More charges added to my account again. another £28.

Halifax Current Acc - £2553

22/04/2006 - LBA Sent

Hi All,

As the deadline is approaching fast, before i file my claim, what do i put on the claim, i have read the posts about filing a claim, but i'm a bit stuck?

I have the basics ready, which is from the forms forum, about the hard copy of the n1 form. but i'm baffled!

I want to add abit about the defaults (or would it be a waste of time) to be removed.

What have other people written in their claim.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halifax Current Acc - £2558

22/04/2006 - LBA Sent

Hi Mr Beale,

I see you too have recieved letters from CaryAnn McEwan, judging by my response from her as well as yours, i have come to the conclusion, She can not understand the basic meaning of the English language. It is my asumption that she has roughly 5 standard letters on her Pc and it's pot luck which one you recieve. Maybe she has been employed as a deCoy.!!!!

Peter - BF has put all the details in the library for you. It's under the title "Do you realise you may have to go to court?" Everything is there from 'particulars of claim' to how to address the judge.

When filling in your 'particulars of claim, you have to use less than 1080 letters. I struggled with this, and abbreviated a bit where I could save space. That was the only problem I had. Have a mooch round the library, it really is all there. I have printed it all out and put it in a file so it's handy for me to look at.

Good luck, and don't be scared. We're all here to hold your hand!

x

Hi C&S,

Don't want to sound stupid, but i can't find it in the library.

Please help

I think i have gone blind, or maybe i am just stupid.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks