Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Remember recorded mail is just First Class with a signature. Although First Class is delivered next day most of the time it can take longer.

And yes, the recipient can refuse but that would be very unlikely from someone like Welcome.

Nope, if its sent to the branch, you would be surprised.;)

When they are left to there own devises, especially if they are expecting it.

Your name is on the reverse on a sticky thats why i always write my sons name He takes it to the post office:D.

Have to of seen the tricks they use to know how to conquer them.

BL:-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

quick update, 29 days since taking in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the local branch who stated they would send it on to head office, they still haven't cashed the cheque for £10 yet either. Another 11 days for them to comply. Do you think I should give them a quick call and advise them the clock is still ticking? ;-) Any suitable replies will be considered :cool:

Cheques are always dodgy, if its not cashed then its not paid for, i know proof can be made that they have it but its a stalling tool for them.

I always use postal orders, its made out to them already, not cashing is a pointless option. Their desperate mitts see it and want to apply it to your account asap so its straight up the post office.

I would send a reminder advise of cheque number, or send a copy of the photo copy made before sending.

This should get a reply and the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they will take as long as possible as they get to hold your money longer.

Also Banks were not equipped for this and they were quiet organized.

for Welcome this isn't just a wake up call, it would be blowing their ways of trading to shreds as there paper trails are like Hansel and Gretal some where down the line it just stops happening.

• Haha 1

This might be of interest I have serveral telephone numbers for Welcome,If you need copies of your agreements ring Tim on 0115 9778803.The FSA are at present looking into the mis-selling of PPI. I note Soli2006 problems, Just to let you know how I believe welcome used to work. All is well when you Take out a loan if you dont mis paying yes charges and rates are high but they accept people who would have normally got rejected. Any way Then if you stop paying for what ever reason does not matter if you have been the best customer in the world the branch goes mad telephone calls, knocking on your door etc but after about 3 months if you still have paid nothing, they would send in the big guns but these big guns would offer you a better deal less money per week or month as long as they got some thing, or lets rewrite the agreements why not you are now paying interest on interest and your chances of getting out is none.What I would do is dont be pushed around by these people yes push them hard for charges and costs back I dont think they will go to court the judges would see them for what they are. If you are in a position to pay them off offer them approx 25% of what they are claiming, My son in law had a car off them and returned it under his rights in the agreement, they refused to take the car back so I told him to put it in writing to them terminating the agreement and ring and askk them where they wanted the car took to. They said post us the keys and leave the car out side yours. This he did. The car stood there for weeks, they tried to get him to pay for a RAC inspection the y then said he had to be there when they took the car a way, He said No to all this. They then kept ringing him saying about shortfalls etc but he refused to be taken in and now they have gone away. I would say read your agreements tackle them about the extras, The only time you have real problems is if the loan is secured on your house, but I could well be going to disclose some of their tricks concerning this shortly Good luck to you all

The Mortgage Man

The next big guns usually come 12 months after non payment, this is how long Welcome will hold your account as they won't go to court.

They would rather write the debit off.

After 12 months you are with a collections team.

You can end your loan there for 50% of the balance outstanding, possible from the balance outstanding from last default.

At this point they will bully harras and tell you your in legal trouble, ( after 12 months i think you would of already been told this a few times:rolleyes: )

Basicaly its all a front as the main thing is they recover the cash they lent you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

"interest posting" appears on my statements I received today too, I dont understand the meaning of it but I think it might be the monthly interest charges?? I will be ringing unWelcome monday to find out, I will let you know guys.;-)

To full fill the criteria for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you are to recieve a full breakdown of all naratives used by the company. If this has not been included the SAR is not complete, contact them and request it.

Its just a stalling trick by Welcome.

Surreylad - i posted my CCA to the DCA on 6th November - so the 12th day is 18th November: Today. As i undestand it, they now have another 30 days. My S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) was also posted/dated 6th (received & acknowledged by Welcome on 8th - but i'm 'counting' from 6th).

Falcon - the interest posting is a mystery. I was paying £186, then the interest posting was £126. On that basis i was only actually paying £60 a month (part of which was PPI). At that rate, a £3000 loan would take 50 months just to pay the loan amount, never mind anything else (and after the PPI is taken into account, probaly double that time). Doesn't make sense. Be interesting to see what they say.

Interest is added monthly and this amount is not surprising i have seen this first hand, how many months did you sign your loan can you add some details of your contract to the posts.

Have a view of smooth's post, the more of the details you all supply the better you may well have the exact contracts with exact terms and seeing the differences in the way the accounts are run would be interesting.

Also geographical would be interesting are they all the same or just a few?;)

I'm surprised how many people have not reached the Collections unit yet.

If your accounts go unpaid for 12 months and you have managed to live through the harassment and bullying.

Your account gets passed to the Late Collectors Unit, only there do you get any type of respite at all.

Early settlement of 50% or more, monthly payments of 25% of your contractual rates and anything else they can grovel for as they will do what ever they can not to go to court and eventually if they have to will settle by receiving the amount they borrowed.

But by this time they have defaulted and bashed your door and caused you nightmares.

Its the hard nut approach then the oh well that didn't work lets just be nice and get what we can.

Welcome know the UN lawfull thing that they are doing thats why they don't like court either.:)

I've updated my post with what I received from Welcome in response to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA. I hope to claim the PPI back but have yet to find out what happened to Macadam Finance who I originally had loans with. I went in to the branch one day, was told they were now Welcome finance but Welcome have only sent me info on the last loan I had. If anyone has a scoobie it would be appreciated...

Ive sent an email off to a friend to see what gets dug up, will let you know the reply, is this along time ago?

IDEA! Anyone think we should get watchdog to get one of their investigators into work in a branch with the wee hidden camera and catch them at it hehe. Would be really interesting to see whats taught to staff and what is said about us customers behind closed doors, damning too.

For my sins Im the closest i think for 2 years if that helps:(

makes you wonder if their loans are actually enforceable

From what I've experienced totally not.

But they wont be stopped

Their lending of cash with their shopacheck departments were secretly filmed at Christmas time prayng on parents with no cash.

Turning up on their doorstep showing them bundles of notes.

It ruffled some feathers but they are still in business the only way they will stop is if people stop using them and with the money problems out there its not going to happen.

Cattle's put a lot back into the community Cattles

and thats how they get away with it all:(

Cattles is an independent company listed on the UK Stock Exchange providing a wide range of financial services and products. It is a member of ethical investment index FTSE4Good, which is regarded as a global CR performance standard.

In addition to being actively involved in Business in the Community CR initiatives the company has been heavily involved in BITC’s employee-volunteering initiative Leeds Cares.

Since 1999, under the chairmanship of Sean Mahon, Leeds Cares has brokered more than 100,000 volunteering hours with 350 community partners. Mr Mahon has recently taken over the Chairmanship of BITC’s National Cares movement and was appointed HRH, The Prince of Wales’ Ambassador for Yorkshire at BITC’s National Awards for Excellence 2004

They could have easily requested the aggrerement be sent out from welcome if its welcome they are working for, if they haven't brought the debit it means that they are in your debit with Welcome, there for conversations and paperwork take place regarding your loan between the 2 of them.

If they had paid for the loan there would be no links left.

As they are debit collecting you have a right to ask them on what grounds they are collecting and you should be shown evidence that they are collecting for Welcome, and as your debit is still based with Welcome Finance then you would be better sending the CCA to Welcome

Atleast they collectors know now your debit will be in dispute.

i havent known welcome collect with an outside collector, they usually sell or right off. Maybe this is an internal set up.?

They can send a true copy of what your agreement would have looked like, but unless they have an original they dont stand a chance in court.

I would write back and dispute the copy doesn't look like the agreement I signed therefore, please send me a copy of the signed agreement.

They can send a copy of what the agreement looked like, but with out the original who can prove wether what you have recieved is a true copy or not. You can say for example that your address was not combined with your partners on teh one you signed.

Account should still be in dispute and your agreement will be in your file at your local branch or which ever branch is asking you for the money all this running around when they could just pull it out and show you:rolleyes:

Head office has duplicate when you signed it, the branch have another.

Hiya Yeap S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) should cover everything, but thats why peeps are falling back on to the CCA as so many places are no fulfilling the SAR, sadly theres no solid steps for taking court action regarding the SAR failure or the CCA as if there was i think the courts would have close down:D

I wouldn't advise ignoring a debit unless it satute barred you could end up in a heap of problems.:(