CCOLQUITT vs Halifx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, here's a big one. I've come from being a student 2 years ago, and HBOS have been hitting me pretty hard. I sent the request for the charges notification, and sent a preliminary request for refund.

I received a very polite letter letting me know that they are unable to refund to me.

I've punched into the interest calculator, and since 2002, including interest, HBOS have taken from me £3013.32.

My overdraft with them is £1500. I currently owe £3000 in active debt after being a student. My point? If these charges hadn't been applied, I would be effectively debt free now!

I'm about to send the letter advising them I'll be taking action, but would like some advice and input first. This seems a HUGE amount of money, and I would like to know my risks and chances.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'll be sending the letter on Wed.

C

WELCOME

The best thing you can do is read the FAQ's and read around the forum.Reading how others are getting on , what responses they are getting and in what time limits.You need to make yourself fully aware of what you are undertaking .If when you have done this you have any further questions that have not been answered anywhere else ( most have ) then come back to your thread and ask away.The main thing to remember is this is your money and as you said if it hadn't been taken from you then you would be debt free now.The support is here but you have to put in a lot of work yourself.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Update:

Spoke to the citizens advice bereau last night, and they are fine with everything in the forum letters. They were very supportive, and gave some great ideas (including always referring back to the letter the bank sent you back. Keep it a line of correspondance, not a set of new contacts to them).

I'm sending the Letter before Action by registered post today, asking for £3000+ back from them.

Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have received a letter back from Halifax complaints. Received by them 18th April, they have said that it is to be passed to a rep and a response of certainly no longer than 4 weeks should be expected.

Do I wait and give them the time, or do I push them for the 14 days from the date of my letter?

Hi - Stick to your timetable not theirs. This is a common tactic with them. Just push ahead after your 14 day deadline. Don't break step.

• Confused 1

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

• 1 month later...

Quick update for you all guys. Halifax responded offereing me a token gesture of £142, but this was a day after I started claiming on moneyclaim. I've now completed this today, and await to hear the result.

Yikes, a lil!!!

I'm fine, as my parents live in England, but I'd like to know what a scottish resident does about claiming, if they don't have an english address for the docs to be posted to?

I've also been in touch with Vicky at Diverse, and wil be back in touch about showing up HBoS for a docu.

I also noticed they managed to hit the Metro again today, with the amount of charges.

Any help anyone has at this stage, even anything that can calm my nerves a little, would be GREATLY appreciated!

Laters.

C

If you are feeling a bit nervous then just read around the threads where people have already recieved their money back,you will find it helps loads :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

Letter through from halifax after they acknowledged my claim at the beginning of the month.

They settled out of court. All £3000 odd pounds back!!!

They were very intent on pointing out that this wasn't a statement of admission, and the only reason they settled was it would cost them money etc etc.

But they still settled.

Thanks VERY much to everyone for the help here! It's been great. It's a long and scary procedure, but you guys all make it a lot easier!!!!

My advise to anyone, go for it. Remember why you're claiming these charges back.

And the best way to make sure you don't have to do it again? Keep all your money in a carrier bag under the mattress.

lol. Much thanks again

Chris.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks