Jaybee V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been an Halifax customer since 1999, I guessing I must have been robbed of close to a grand.

With instant clerance now availble, what do these guys do, add 2 more days to their cheque clearance, is it now 10 days? Thanks to this greedness, this have given them the perfect excuse to milk more charges :(

I wanna do this the right way, I have my letter ready to be sent but where is the best place to send it to, head office or my local branch?

I'll send it recorded delivery on Monday, and I'll do my best to keep you upto date. Now this charge racket has hit the fan, it don't expect in instant payment :D

WELCOME Jaybee . You can send it to your local branch Yes it is advised to send it recorded delivery so they can't say they have not recieved it.

Keep us posted on your progress

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Hi Jaybee,

In my experience you're better off sending straight to customer services (see "Timescales!" thread). Customer services advised me it'd be dealt with quicker if I went through my bank manager. I did this but then after 2-3 weeks of messing me about she sent it to on to customer services to deal with anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yay got a letter from HQ saying they were dealing with my request and statements would be here by 30th May.

They are arrived today all 150 pages, if Sting is reading, I'm sorry, it's the banks fault we are killing so many trees :(

Totted it all up to £487, I thought it would be about £500 so I was kinda close, the intrest would add another £120, if it has to go further.

So here goes fingers crossed, the rollercoaster ride is about the begin :S

JB

• 3 weeks later...

OK 14 days are now up, nothing :(

I sent my DPA to my local branch, however I sent my 1st letter to head office, wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Anyway printing out my LBA to go 1st class in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Got a letter today with an offer of £56.00, no idea how they come up with this offer, I think it is the cost of the 1st 2 bank charges I had?

The letter said they called me, but I have no record of any call.

£56 os pants, like to say thanks but no thanks is it best to do with another letter, or a phone call? I will probably lose my bottle over the call, they may smooth talk me :(

Thanks

JayBee

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks