lowells statutory demand - **SUCCESSFULLY SET ASIDE - PLUS COSTS ** CHEQUE RECEIVED NOW **

d33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no accurate cca request compliance = no court enforcement ie could be enough to set aside?

if negotiate an agreement, ensure sd withdrawn or at least an undertaking no petition whilst agreement adhered to.? what they do cf. what they state in writing could be quite different. but, it would go towards negating any subsequent petition.

see what 42man etc say

Edited by Ford

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, as i thought, so from my understanding try to negotiate with them ?( even though they probably 90 % dont have the correct paperwork), and/or get set aside just in case.

Is it better to advise them of my intentions to set aside ? does it put me in a better position to make a deal with them? or should i just do it anyway.

does anyone have experience of what they might accept as a final settlement?, somebody on another forum mentioned 20% , but i suppose that depends on what they can potentially get out of you.

You need to demonstrate triable issues

No agreement (and even then does it contain the prescribed terms ???) Does the interest on the statements add up to what the agreement says ? (High court reference here is Kotecha vs Phoenix)

Is the default notice compliant ? is there any PPI ?

Have a read through some of the threads here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-DCA-Legal-Successes

the paperwork that was sent to me by credit solutions ltd 2 years ago doesnt tally up, lots of statements and then a copy of 1974 cca with at the bottom 'sign here if you wish to cancel etc' , but my signature isnt anywhere and also the account number on this form is different to the one on all of the statements. I assume i should use this as part of my defense for set aside?

Okay thanks, would it be in. My interests to mention sar. With inaccurate account. Numbers which was sent 2 years ago, or not mention and rely on their non response to my cca. Request?

ok, i spoke to the legal firm this morning, had to set up security questions etc, asked to be put through to person named on stat demand who wasnt available (earbells ringing), passed me onto a colleague, explained the situation that i had sent cca request etc 14 days ago, he said they had passed this info back to their clients, who have said that they cant produce any documents and as such they wouldnt be able to proceed , and the alleged debt would just be passed back to them.

I was kind of suspecting this, but was also on the verge of offering payments to get them off my back. but then i am also a bit concerned that they are lieing, and just want to bankrupt me.

I also asked him to withdraw the stat demand otherwise i would have to set aside, which i want to do he said it wouldnt be withdrawn just wouldnt be followed through with. Now i am a bit stuck with what exactly how my defense should be worded, any help would be grateful thanks !

Carry on as you were.....if they have the sheer temerity of sending you a demand which they aren't prepared to follow through then the judge should send them to hell....as you have seen Lowells do progress to petition stage. If they aren't going to do anything about it then you MUST report this to the OFT, unless you have it all in writing then you should continue. Did you see this - http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/20-09

d33

they do not actually own the debt!? and will just pass it back to their client! post #36. did they have authority from client to issue an sd? what do the particulars say on the demand? as 42man says, looks like they may be using it as a 'tool'/bluff, a 'tactic' they have been reprimanded for prior!?

It says this demand is served on you by the creditor : lowell portfolio 1 ltd

signature of individual....

*position with or relationship to creditor: litigation executive with bw legal solicitors for the creditor

*i am authorised to make this demand on the creditors behalf

as far as i was aware all contact had to be with this person named on the form, or demand once again is invalid?

I was told this person isnt available when i rang and passed onto somebody else who said it doesnt matter

ok, sols say that they have authority from creditor lowell. presume then that lowell own? (had thought maybe a bank still owned)

they say that they cannot comply with cca request? could well be enough on its own to set aside sd? see case law also. valid default notice?

but, there may be this issue re whether out of time or not. would be for J to decide whether to accept or not, if application is not dismissed straight away.

if trying to settle, without a withdrawal, try to get an undertaking in writing that there be no petition whilst agreed payment agreement adhered to.

Edited by Ford

i have a letter from process server clearly stating that i will be served on the 2nd of october, so i believe i have until monday to submit? 18 days from date ignoring the weekend, as day before. think i am right ?

the paperwork that was sent to me by credit solutions ltd 2 years ago doesnt tally up, lots of statements and then a copy of 1974 cca with at the bottom 'sign here if you wish to cancel etc' , but my signature isnt anywhere and also the account number on this form is different to the one on all of the statements. I assume i should use this as part of my defense for set aside?

Is your name and address on it ?

Then it complies, there does not have to be a signature and most agreements don't have any card number

i have a letter from process server clearly stating that i will be served on the 2nd of october, so i believe i have until monday to submit? 18 days from date ignoring the weekend, as day before. think i am right ?

ok, you said in first post that was received 'yesterday' ie 2nd, so would still be in time then. if applying, could use that letter to substantiate? weekends could be inclusive?.

Edited by Ford

6.5 is the statement in support of 6.4, to set out grounds/reasons for set aside. think of any counterclaim and/or 'triable issues'.

6.5 provides certain egs to say, but can also include any other reasons applicant considers applicable ©. eg any dispute/triable issues; such as non compliance with statutory cca request, no signed agreement? if applicable, valid default notice?, amount, etc

Edited by Ford

also would it be in my interests to mention this in my 6.5 or keep it simple?

Ok i have found another box of paperwork, supposedly relating to this debt, and found my cca request recorded delivery slip !

the request was sent to credit rosource solutions ltd in 2010, to which they responded over a month later with various bits of paperwork one of them being credit agreement without a signaturelink3.gif or date on it !

the account number on the credit agreement is different to the one on the statements that they sent.