Aktiv Kapital 7 day Threat letters

bluerose4u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am sure this is covered somewhere but when it affects you that fear sets in...and I need your help - Had a default on card account from almost 6 years ago. I was ill at time, went through hell and have never recovered. The default is recorded as Nov 2006 but there is a ''updated record'' in 2010 showing on my credit report. I have seen letter over the years, but not been able to pay anyway and have ignored. Will the six years be up this year or from the ''updated date''The letter threatens me with solicitors, court action, visits, bailiffs......can they do this? I am scared to leave my home, scared to answer the door, never answer the home phone.

there will be no bailiffs they would need to go to court first

you may get a powerless debt collector turn up just tell them to go and shut the door

read the letter again.......does it say MAY not will

surely they would not of left it so long if they were going to act on it

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I am sure i have not paid for the six years, is there any way of checking? it is very unlikely - what do the ''updates'' mean ? having to live in fear for six years and be turned down for anything relating to finance is a sentence in itself. I am not a bad person but have suffered so much as a result. The fear this company give you is made so much worse when you are unwell, I have now read the letter and yes the wording is ''may'' what can they do in the timescale?

if you are sure you have not paid for 6 years you could sent the statue barred letter

if you want to check it may be good to do a subject access request and sent the £10 fee

what was the original debt/who was it with

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

all it says on the the credit search is Credit Card from Activ Kapital, the default date and the updated date (whatever that means) the amount was £2800 - the six years if from the defaulted date? will be up in approx 6 weeks....