• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds TSB - have *WON IN COURT* today

DSM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Just joined the action group today after years of being overcharged by LloydsTsb i thought that there was nothing to be done, but the road to enlightenment has been opened. Looking forward to posting and reading all the submissions on the site.

Not sure where to start out so any tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks one and all.

Mark.

Hello all,

Just joined the action group today after years of being overcharged by Lloyds TSB i thought that there was nothing to be done, but the road to enlightenment has been opened. Looking forward to posting and reading all the submissions on the site.

Not sure where to start out so any tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks one and all.

Mark.

Hi and Welcome Mark:)

Firstly you should start up your own thread, so you can keep track of your progress and we can help you if you have any questions.

Then just keep reading the site, these links are a good start:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/FAQ

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 3 weeks later...

Lloyds have filed a defence today and my case has been transferred to my local court. Excuse any typing error but here goes:

1. The defendant Lloyds TSB Bank plc (the Bank) is a Bank whose registered office is 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN. It is admitted that the Claimant has been a customer of the Bank at all material times.

2. By opening an account with the Bank, the customer enters into a commercial arrangement with the Bank for the provision of banking services. The Bank is entitled:confused: , as part of that arrangement, to charge for those services. At account opening a customer is provided with details of the Bank's charges, currently in a leaflet a guide to our banking charges. By using the account, the customer acknowledges that the charges are incorporated into the contract. For personal customers, a number of services presently include, but are not limited to, providing;

cheques (someone tell me what I'm paying £7 a month for?)

bank statements

the facility to make payments by direct debit and standing order

debit cards

ATMs (cash machines).

3. By maintaining the account in credit, or within any limit agreed with the Bank, the customer mahy avoid most if not all charges. If the customer fails to ensure that there are sufficient cleared funds in the account to cover payments, whether by cheque, debit card, standing order or direct debit, the customer makes a request for a payment to be made from the Bank's own funds. If the Bank makes payment, or returns the payment, it provides a service as specifed in the leaflet and makes a charge in accordance with the terms of the contract. On page 1 of the leaflet, the Bank explains that there are normally no charges for everyday banking at Lloyds TSB when your account is in credit (what is that £7 a month for?)

When you use an agreed overdraft, there is no monthly fee and we only charge interest on the amount you are overdrawn each day. Where you go overdrawn without an agreement or where you use special services, such as copy statements, we will make a charge. This guide explains how these charges work, and when they will apply.

If you want to use a service that we haven't listed, we'll tell you the cost of that service before you give us teh go-ahead.

4.There is no breach of contract; the charge cannot therefore be a penalty, consequently there is no requirement that teh charge be a pre-estimate of the Ban's loss.

5. The customer is given advance warning of charges being imposed; statements show the charges, if any, the customer has incurred during the course of a month, and which will appear as debits on the following month's statement. Customers are warned by letter when they go over drawn or over thier agreed limit without arrangement with the Bank. If the customer fails to remedy the position, and payments such as standing orders and direct debits are refused then again the customer is warned by letter.

6. The charges are fair and reasonable, and it is denied that they are unlawful.

7. The customer is notifed of the charges in plain intellegible language at the conclusion of the contract, and on each monthly statement. The charge are terms which relate to the price payable by teh customer for a service provided by the Bank, and prusuant to Reglation 6 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, are not subject to the assessment of fairness.

8. in the premises:

8.1 the charges are for banking services, and are not damages nor a penalyt;

8.2 the Bank is entitled by contract:?: Unfair terms in Consumer Contracts:?: to impose the chargess, which are fair and reasonable;

8.3 it is denied that the charges are unlawful or contravene any statute or regulation.

9. The claimant's claim is denied in its entirety. It is further denied that the Claimant is entitled to the sum claimed or to any sum from the Bank.

NOW IS IT JUST ME OR IS THIS WAFFLING? I FEEL THAT THEY COULD BE SELLING SOMEONE A CURRENT ACCOUNT WITH THIS INFORMATION - NOT THAT THEY'D HURRY TO GET IT:lol:

The allocation questionnaire is attached and I cannot see a fee on it (I obviously haven't read it properly yet) is it a standard fee or does it depend on how much you are claiming etc? I'm off to the templates to have a butchers hook at the clues there.

Ta ra

Dee

• 1 month later...

I feel such a prat for not updating this when I should have. Anyway here's the quick catch up. My Allocation Questionnaire was posted to both the local court and SC&M. I used the "new way to tackle AQs". I can't do the link thing, but all I can say it is easy to find if you type in Allocation Questionnaire into the search forum bit at the top.

I don't know what to expect, but it will be 28 days tomorrow and I have not heard anything from the court. Is it worth giving them a call to find out timelines?

Dee

Thanks Barty for that piece of advice. I have called the court and they said that its being looked into. I can't help wondering if I have done something wrong though. I have read that some people are getting paid by Lloyds at LBA stage and I've just read neeno13's thread. Went to court in March and has been paid. I have not even received acknowledgement of receipt for AQ. Have I done something wrong?

I'm thinking of taking Lloyds to court over my sole account and need to know what I am doing wrong. Started the claim end of Jan am I being impatient?

Dee

Looks like your claim is progressing exactly how it should. Its only natural to feel like you've gone wrong somewhere or that they've found a flaw in your claim and your going to be the first one in court - we've all felt like that at some stage believe me!

Its not unusual to be waiting over a month for allocation. The courts are absolutely snowed under and in fact I've heard of one court thats taking 3 months to allocate!!:eek: That is very unusual though.

You'll get a court date soon, so it'd be a good idea to prepare yourself for the next stage, which will be submitting your bundle, etc.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html#post553523

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I would recommend using lloyds on line banking to obtain statements it's much quicker .... and the print outs can be used when preparing the court bundle

Prem letter sent 26/2/2007:)

"bog Off" received 4/3/2007:mad:

LBA letter sent 9/3/2007:)

Money claim .com filed - 27/3/2007:)

Notice of issue received 29/3/2007

• 2 weeks later...
I have just been transferred from Epsom County Court to Guildford County Court. I think Gary was probably right, they are drowning in it. Anyone ever dealt with Guildford?

Hi DSM - I have just filed at Guildford and am waiting for Lloyds defence - good luck!

I have finally heard from Guildford County Court and the letter reads:

DISTRICT JUDGE *** has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place at 10:30 on the 14 June 2007 at Guildford County Court, The Law Courts, Mary Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4PS and should take no longer than 1 hour.

The following directions apply to this claim:

a) Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the Court office copies of all documents upon which they intend to rely at the hearing.

b) The copies shall be delivered no later than fourteen days before the hearing.

c) The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

d) Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned at (a). This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to Court to give evidence.

The court must be informed immediately if he case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Date:12 April 2007

We finally have a hearing date. I suppose the draft wasn't considered, but then again seeing as I sent it to [problem] as well is it possible that they have found a way of going around it?

Preparing the court bundle now.

I've been unlucky, Fingers, I posted my AQ using the 'new strategy' back in Feb and have only received a court date today. From reading on here some people filed their MCOL around Feb and using the new strategy have already been paid. I think it depends on the Court. Good luck! I shall watch your thread and see how you do.

Regards

Dee

• 1 month later...

Am just freaking out a little :o! I've been reading Pen's thread & I'm certainly going back in a minute. Can anyone tell me whether my hearing on the 14th, according to my letter in blue above, is just an allocation hearing?

Oh and Debs are we still on for the 14th? Going back to Pen's thread to do a little more research. Speak soon

Dee