Timescales!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Would like to share my experiences so far and invite comments / suggestions!

I called customer relations 4 weeks ago to initially ask for my charges back. I was advised that my request would be dealt with quicker if I contacted my Branch Manager directly so this is what I did, sending one of the letters from the Library giving 14 days to pay up. I received a prompt response asking for more details of the charges (other than the amounts and dates specified in the letter) because the Bank Manager "didn't have access to my account".

I immediatly faxed through statements showing the Charges and the incidents where I exceeded my O/D, as well as another letter going into more detail of the legal side etc.. and giving another 14 days to pay up. I received another reply saying she still didn't have enough info to look at my case then disappeared on holiday for a week!

When she returned I spoke to her to find that "they'd been inundated with similar requests and had had to forward my request to customer relations!"

I waited a week with no response so called customer relations to find out what was going on. They said there had been an error transferring the information and the request and they'd have to contact my Bank Manager to get all the details. They also said "we have 4 weeks in which to respond to your request so you'll here from us in due course"

That was on Tuesday - today is Friday evening and still I've heard nothing. I've lost patience and am ready to file a claim.

Q: Can I do so or do I need to give them more time?? In total Halifax PLC has had 4 weeks to deal with this even if it has been passed around to different people!

Q: Would the court judge that I have given them enough time to act already or should I give Customer relations another 14 days to comply???

Getting fed up of being fobbed off but still have this (naive?) view that they'll pay up if i give them a few more days to sort themselves out.

Comments?!!

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have in our continuing fight against these unlawful charges.

What I would say is that you need to take control of the timetable. I would seriiously advise that you have a good look at the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

In the same section you will also find a step-by-step guide which will help you through the process. The most important thing to do though, is to spend time looking through the forum at the experiences of others.

It is advisable to spend at least two days doing this - I understand that you are in a hurry to get your money back - but time spent now in learning and understanding the process will benefit you later. It could also save you from making costly mistakes.

All the best with your claim. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together. If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

Getting fed up of being fobbed off but still have this (naive?) view that they'll pay up if i give them a few more days to sort themselves out.

Comments?!!

There is a simple reply to this - they won't!

It's really quite simple.

You gave them 14 days to refund. They didn't.

Normally, you would then have sent then a 2nd and final letter giving them either 7 or 14 days (depends on the individual). On the 8th or 15th day, you would have started claim proceedings.

Instead, they have been giving you the merry-go-round and will keep on doing so until either you give up or they tell you to sod off, whichever comes 1st.

now, back to point 1: You gave them 14 days to refund, and they DIDN'T. They have no intention of doing so. Ever. Unless you MAKE them.

So. Let's show a judge you are much, much more reasonable than them. Write a LETTER BEFORE ACTION tonight or tomorrow (well, it's the weekend) giving them 7 days (not 14, they have had more than enough grace as it is) to pay you in totality. One week Monday, if they haven't given you all of your money back, sue.

Take control. NOW.

I have had a similar situation. they fobbed me off.. ignored my first letter completely and then i recieved a letter today saying they will get back to me within four weeks. i laughed so hard i nearly wet myself. I start court proceedings on monday. I played it by the book, 2 letters, one giving 14 days then a further 7 days, they are a corporation with thousands of people paid to deal with this stuff, if they can't deal with it in a reasonable time frame.....tough.

Roll on monday

GEN

Some days you're the bug; some days you're the

windshield.

If carlsberg made email addresses... they'd be consumer action group email addresses... probably the best email address in the world !!!

Morning all,

Thanks for the responses and support.

Spoke to Customer relations again just now to see if I could talk sense into anyone but they were just playing dumb - They must have been briefed on how to deal with these requests by now but they still appear clueless if you suggest the charges are unlawful etc..!

My complaint is in the queue for the 2nd stage of the complaints procedure but i pushed the operator to get an idea what the outcome would be. She said that "they'd be unlikely to refund although each case is looked at individually", so that's given me a bit more assurance that they're not going to cough up unless I take court action!

Will be sending a final Letter before Action out Monday giving them 7 days, then by next Monday it's action stations!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks