• Tweets

• I have a similar issue, I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (which I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF with the £125 fine and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a police letter was sent to a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa (I checked many posts and found no one who has received a similar letter). Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
    • I used to go to the Sainsbury's in the Cromwell Road London and my wife used to get PCNs there. I just spoke to a manage onsite and they were good enough to get them cancelled. If you take in the PCN , they photograph it and that is the end of it. Which is what should happen with major companies when their customers are ripped off by the rogues. Are you listening Mcdonalds and Starbucks?
    • I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (something I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF containing a fine of £125 and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a new police letter was received with a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa? Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rob14973 V Mbna **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi rob

Can you start a thread in the MBNA forum and use this for updates and questions as this is the welcome forum and for first post.

Good luck with the SAR and let us know how you get on :)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Quick update

Response from Mbna this morning saying my complaint is been looked into and should recieve a full response by November the 1st.

Thnks Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi

Received last six years statements this morning plus a letter offering me £500 as a goodwill payment and a final settlement of the complaint.

Ok im going to do my prelim letter now accepting the payment as a partial payment only.

Can someone tell me what the compund rate of interest would be so i can send this on top of my charges.

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

hI

Sorry for sounding thick but i have been offered a partial payment by mbna. I am now going to send a prelim request for my charges and contractual interest and also compound interest.

Questions

Will the contractual interest on my card be 16.9%. If not how do i find this out.(i have a list of charges for six years but only statements for last two years)

Once i know the contractual rate do i just add the percent onto the total charges?

When i working out the percentage for my compound interest do i multiply my monthly cash rate of 1,7366 by 12 = 20.8%

If this is correct

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

HI

Sorry for sounding thick but i have been offered a partial payment by MBNA. I am now going to send a prelim request for my charges and contractual interest and also compound interest.

Questions

Will the contractual interest on my card be 16.9%. If not how do i find this out.(i have a list of charges for six years but only statements for last two years) Go to MBNA website and look for the kind of card you have. There is a facility to look at the rates for each account, so you can compare them.

You will probably find the normal rate is 16.9% or thereabouts.

Once i know the contractual rate do i just add the percent onto the total charges?

No, see comments below.

When i working out the percentage for my compound interest do i multiply my monthly cash rate of 1,7366 by 12 = 20.8%

No, see comments below.

If this is correct

When you know the charges then you need to work out the interest you paid on each charge from the date they imposed it until now.

This is pretty difficult to work out, although i believe if you have the time then the spreadsheets provided by Vampiress specifically for CC will estimate this for you.

Alternatively to can apply the using compound interest using one of the spreadsheets provided by MINDZAI or VAMPIRESs ()both can be found via links in the providers signature).

Once you have these two values this essentially tells you what you have paid out as a result of charges (the interest part is approximated and will probably underestimate it) you can then calculate the interest you want to charge them.

i based my calculations for interest to charge MBNA on their cash advance rate as being the most logical when compared with their unlawful removal of money from my account.

With respect to compounding interest you take the initial amount or stake and calculate interest on it which gives you a new stake.

In the next period you take the new stake and calculate the interest on it again to give a third stake, and so on.

The frequency you apply the interest varies but I understand is typically daily.

The spreadsheets provided for this propose work it all out for you and give the daily interest rate.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Cheers glen

On vampiress spreadsheet it says not for credit cards?

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi

Im just filling mainzai speadsheet do i add the retail and cash advance interest together?

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Cheers glen

On vampiress spreadsheet it says not for credit cards?

Rob

I know, iv asked her about that and I am awaiting a repsonse.

I used MINDZAIS spreadsheet which says something similar.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

HI

Glen do i add both cash intrest and retail intrest together for interest charged?

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Rob

I doubt you shold add the cash advance interest since you are trying to claim back the interest you paid on the charges which would probably be invcluded in the retail rates as they dont charge a higher rate for that imposed on charges.

The cash advance interest is that paid when you took moeny out in cash and so is a seperate item.

vampiress is looking at this issue so perhaps it might be owrthwhile holding off for a bit until she comments or MINDZAI comes back to us.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi

Well i have used mainzai spreadsheet to calculate the monthly interest on my charges and its double the claim does this sound right?.

I phones up Mbna to find out what my APR was on my card 24.9% so used this for the spreadsheet.

Also is this ok for my calculations paragraph in my prelim? Or do i have to explain where the intrest came from like add compounded into wording.

I calculate between dates and dates you have taken xxxx plus xxxx which I have charged you in interest for the sum which u have taken. Total xxxxx

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Rob

If you look in my thread for Glenn vs Abbey i think i have posted pretty much everything i have sent to them.

I cant remember the wording but you will probably find something useful there.

I don't think you need to explain it beyond saying you are applying the contractual rate.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Quick update

Mbna have responded to my prelim letter by sending me out all 6 years worth of statements again :lol: (think they have lost the plot) I phoned them up today and they have apologised for the mistake and would be sending me a second settlement figure in the next few days.

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Ok as promised by mbna have made a second offer, another £400 on top of the first offer of £410 which has been accepted as partial payment.

After reading some of the posts on mnba threads this is quite unusual as they normally settle at this stage. So i gave them a phone call this morning to be told they have made a mistake and should have settled rather than send me a second offer.

I have been told to send out my lba so i can claim for the rest plus contractual interest at the highest rate of the card.(which i included in the prelim stage anyway).

Should i be claiming for anything else before i send of my lba? Im sure i have missed some more interest on top this mmmm

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi Rob

Have read your thread with interest as we are at the exact same stage. Have sent out LBA letters and just received letter from Rachel Claridge making us a further offer but not the full amount or any interest. Just wondering what you are going to do next becase we are in the same position - any ideas.

Bunnykins321

Laura Ashley - Prelim Letter Settled in Full £100

Tesco (RBS) - LBA - offered £64 - still owe me £136.19 - second LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006

Mint (RBS) - LBA - offered £54.23 - still owe me £70 second LBA letter sent 14 Nov 2006

LLoyds Gold - Moneyclaimol 12 Nov 2006

LLoyds Plat - Moneyclaimol 12 Nov 2006

Lloyds Classic - LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006 for £2,593

Lloyds Classic - LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006 for £508.65

MBNA (2 accounts) - Two goodwill payments received so far totalling approx £700 - just going in for the final kill!

Well im sending my Lba on Monday claiming back the remaining charges still owed and the contractual interest on the whole amount.

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

• 3 weeks later...