• Tweets

• now do you want help or just come here to rant at the 1st chance. is this indictive of why you have this issue with BG? there isn't one really just you being pedantic? now give us a chance to decide lets have some info. we don't accept .jpg picture files as they are displayed directly to screen whereby anyone members or not can see them, hence we require a multipage pdf properly redacted. theres a good upload guide to read on that. so ball is your court... we still would help our worst enemy regardless . dx
    • doh sorry was on phone screen. i think thats all ok,  let @AndyOrch confirm 1st please. dx  
    • Same date as poc then i dont like the agreement either, it just smells to me, but i can't find a like one of that era to compare against. this is only 10yrs old, so weight that up, i'd say enforceable & most are from the ear as a whole here. it cant be a recon as they must state so, and it wouldn't/doesn't need to have a tickbox+typed name to be so either. >80% loss if you go fwd, unless you can pay the CCJ within 30 days of judgement in FULL, might be time to consider a tomlin/consent, as much as i hate link, if you don't want to gamble on a very small chance of a win or can't pay within 30 days if you lose. what date is the hearing? dx    
    • Hi T911 and welcome to CAG. As you say, an interesting screw up. So much for quality control! Anyway, our regular advice is to ignore all of their increasingly threatening missives... UNLESS you get a letter of claim, then come back here and we'll help you write a "snotty letter" to help them decide whether to take it any further with their stoopid pics. If you get mail you're unsure of, just upload it for the team to have a look.
    • Thanks @lolerzthat's an extremely helpful post. There is no mention of a permit scheme in the lease and likewise, no variation was made to bring this system in. I recall seeing something like a quiet enjoyment clause, but will need to re-read it and confirm. VERY interesting point on the 1987 Act. There hasn't been an AGM in years and I've tried to get one to start to no avail. However, I'll aim to find out more about how the PPC was brought in and revert. Can I test with you and others on the logic of not parking for a few months? I'm ready to fight OPS, so if they go nuclear on me then surely it doesn't matter? I assume that I will keep getting PCNs as long as I live here, so it doesn't make sense for me to change the way that I park?  Unless... You are suggesting that having 5 or so outstanding PCNs, will negatively affect any court case e.g. through bad optics? Or are we trying to force their hand to go to court with only 2 outstanding PCNs?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

warrant of possession to be issued AGAIN.... help! - *Eviction Cancelled*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have recieved help here before and just looking for some advice again.... back in Oct. 2011 we had a warrant of possession stopped and have kept up with agreed payments since then evry month. My husband is self employed and was out of work for one month and we have not made this months payment (may) which was due on the 1st. on the 8th we recieved a letter from HL interactive, solicitors for Santander, that we have not kept up with payments???? and now want the total amount of arrears in cleared funds by 4pm on Friday May 18th. We have been working on getting the money together but it is impossible to have cleared funds by then... so it says they will" issue a Warrant of Possession on the property without notice or reference to us".... do we have a chance legally for them to hold off for a week or so??? can we apply to the court??? We really want to save our house and we can do it... just being out of work for 1 month set us behind. Prior to this we had just sent in the offer of capitalization that they had sent us.... help??? Thank you!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have recieved help here before and just looking for some advice again.... back in Oct. 2011 we had a warrant of possession stopped and have kept up with agreed payments since then evry month. My husband is self employed and was out of work for one month and we have not made this months payment (may) which was due on the 1st. on the 8th we recieved a letter from HL interactive, solicitors for Santander, that we have not kept up with payments???? and now want the total amount of arrears in cleared funds by 4pm on Friday May 18th. We have been working on getting the money together but it is impossible to have cleared funds by then... so it says they will" issue a Warrant of Possession on the property without notice or reference to us".... do we have a chance legally for them to hold off for a week or so??? can we apply to the court??? We really want to save our house and we can do it... just being out of work for 1 month set us behind. Prior to this we had just sent in the offer of capitalization that they had sent us.... help??? Thank you!

If they apply for a warrant you will be advised by the Court of when this is to be. At that time you can go back to the Court to try and have it cancelled.

The problem is that these lenders can, and do, claim you have broken an arrangement one day after you have failed to make a payment, and then they launch their procedure (for which you will be charged) to apply for a warrant to evict you. It may be a few weeks before you hear however as the Bailiffs seem to be very busy at the moment.

If they won't negotiate and you cannot bring the account up to date you will need to go to Court but on the basis of what you have said I would think it is very unlikely that the Judge will back them - it is to no-one's advantage to have people homeless - but some lenders seem determined to try and evict anyone they can.

PS these are typical bully boy tactics by lenders, but remember it is up to the court if you are evicted, not the lender!

Edited by BornThisWay

If they apply for a warrant you will be advised by the Court of when this is to be. At that time you can go back to the Court to try and have it cancelled.

The problem is that these lenders can, and do, claim you have broken an arrangement one day after you have failed to make a payment, and then they launch their procedure (for which you will be charged) to apply for a warrant to evict you. It may be a few weeks before you hear however as the Bailiffs seem to be very busy at the moment.

If they won't negotiate and you cannot bring the account up to date you will need to go to Court but on the basis of what you have said I would think it is very unlikely that the Judge will back them - it is to no-one's advantage to have people homeless - but some lenders seem determined to try and evict anyone they can.

PS these are typical bully boy tactics by lenders, but remember it is up to the court if you are evicted, not the lender!

The court won't advise you of when a warrant is applied for - the bailiffs will send you a Notice of Eviction with the date/time to vacate the property, that is the

point at which you can make an application to stay the eviction (it's not 'cancelled' it's 'stayed' - which means that each time you miss a payment, a further warrant can be applied for - this is standard for those under a suspended possession order).

The mortgagee is quite entitled, when you miss a payment, be that by one week or by one month, to apply for a warrant of execution - so, whilst the above post implies they 'claim you have broken the arrangement', in actual fact you HAVE broken a court order, and therefore the warrant was an inevitability. Yes, it seems a bit hasty, but as you have made no reference to how much the arrears are, it's difficult to state for sure whether it is or not.

No matter one way or the other, you are in a good position to get any NoE stayed if you can bring the order back up to date. It is perfectly understandable that there was a blip, but in future, the minute you know you're going to miss a payment, you MUST tell them, and then they won't take this type of enforcement action.

Try not to worry too much - write to them, explain the issue, request that they cancel the warrant, and give them a date by which you expect to bring the order back up to date. Inform them that you are prepared to make a stay application if they do not cancel the warrant.

Await their response - if in the interim you receive an NoE, then you will need to submit a stay application on form N244.

I doubt you'll lose your home unless your arrears are horrendous and affordability is a massive issue.

The court won't advise you of when a warrant is applied for - the bailiffs will send you a Notice of Eviction with the date/time to vacate the property, that is the

point at which you can make an application to stay the eviction (it's not 'cancelled' it's 'stayed' - which means that each time you miss a payment, a further warrant can be applied for - this is standard for those under a suspended possession order).

The mortgagee is quite entitled, when you miss a payment, be that by one week or by one month, to apply for a warrant of execution - so, whilst the above post implies they 'claim you have broken the arrangement', in actual fact you HAVE broken a court order, and therefore the warrant was an inevitability. Yes, it seems a bit hasty, but as you have made no reference to how much the arrears are, it's difficult to state for sure whether it is or not.

No matter one way or the other, you are in a good position to get any NoE stayed if you can bring the order back up to date. It is perfectly understandable that there was a blip, but in future, the minute you know you're going to miss a payment, you MUST tell them, and then they won't take this type of enforcement action.

Try not to worry too much - write to them, explain the issue, request that they cancel the warrant, and give them a date by which you expect to bring the order back up to date. Inform them that you are prepared to make a stay application if they do not cancel the warrant.

Await their response - if in the interim you receive an NoE, then you will need to submit a stay application on form N244.

I doubt you'll lose your home unless your arrears are horrendous and affordability is a massive issue.

Hi Lea...

Our arrears short of £6,700. that is down from almost £11,000 Feb. of last year. so you can see we have been really paying it off... Santander wont talk to us they tell us talk to HL interactive and they dont seem to be flexible at all. Will writing a letter explaining all this to them help?

Hi Lea...

Our arrears short of £6,700. that is down from almost £11,000 Feb. of last year. so you can see we have been really paying it off... Santander wont talk to us they tell us talk to HL interactive and they dont seem to be flexible at all. Will writing a letter explaining all this to them help?

What did the order state regarding the amount that you were to pay off each month?

You should put your offer in writing to Santander, and send a copy to HL Interactive and indicate that you would like a response in writing. Make sure you send both copies by recorded delivery and ensure you keep a copy of the delivery signature (you can produce these in court if they deny that you tried to contact them).

If they don't respond, or they respond negatively, you will have to wait for the NoE and make a stay application. I appreciate that is probably quite worrying for you, but as I said earlier, if you can bring the order up to date, then the court is likely to suspend the warrant.

I can't answer your question - that is a matter for them. If you do everything that has been suggested and you still receive an NoE, then you take the next step at that point. No point in worrying about that until you receive an NoE - at the moment, focus on giving them the information regarding when you can bring the order up to date and getting them to agree to cancel their warrant.

What did the order state regarding the amount that you were to pay off each month?

You should put your offer in writing to Santander, and send a copy to HL Interactive and indicate that you would like a response in writing. Make sure you send both copies by recorded delivery and ensure you keep a copy of the delivery signature (you can produce these in court if they deny that you tried to contact them).

If they don't respond, or they respond negatively, you will have to wait for the NoE and make a stay application. I appreciate that is probably quite worrying for you, but as I said earlier, if you can bring the order up to date, then the court is likely to suspend the warrant.

I can't answer your question - that is a matter for them. If you do everything that has been suggested and you still receive an NoE, then you take the next step at that point. No point in worrying about that until you receive an NoE - at the moment, focus on giving them the information regarding when you can bring the order up to date and getting them to agree to cancel their warrant.

Ok Hun, what you need to do as soon as the warrent comes through is appeal the warrent for possession. Also make a complaint with Santander and contact the fso to ask them to raise the complaint on your behalf. Look through all your financial statements. I found a hole year that was incorrect. You need to check your annual statements against your bank statements. You can send a subject data request to hl via email and post. If you look on the forum there is some fantastic templates for this. If I can help drop me a pm

Ok Hun, what you need to do as soon as the warrent comes through is appeal the warrent for possession. Also make a complaint with Santander and contact the fso to ask them to raise the complaint on your behalf. Look through all your financial statements. I found a hole year that was incorrect. You need to check your annual statements against your bank statements. You can send a subject data request to hl via email and post. If you look on the forum there is some fantastic templates for this. If I can help drop me a pm

I have had this with hl. They tried to issue a warrant baced on a breech of a lament plan set by the judge when no payment plan had even been put in place! They even sent me new revised statements in the data that didn't add up as contradicted one another. A fine example was one month they stated we paid £366 the actual amount paid was £450.00 my complaint is still going but i have an annual statement for a full year showing every payment as incorrect, so check and double check

I have had this with hl. They tried to issue a warrant baced on a breech of a lament plan set by the judge when no payment plan had even been put in place! They even sent me new revised statements in the data that didn't add up as contradicted one another. A fine example was one month they stated we paid £366 the actual amount paid was £450.00 my complaint is still going but i have an annual statement for a full year showing every payment as incorrect, so check and double check

Lea we were set up by them and I have all the proof. It is unbelievable what hl interactive do to take your home. Serve them with a subject data tomorrow and raise a complaint tomorrow with the fso. If you need there direct email I have it

Lea we were set up by them and I have all the proof. It is unbelievable what hl interactive do to take your home. Serve them with a subject data tomorrow and raise a complaint tomorrow with the fso. If you need there direct email I have it

jiloyd I have every sympathy for the position you are in with the lender and their solicitors. It has been an issue for me ever since my lender pushed through a possession order ahead of the protocols introduced in 2009. If there are problems the lenders refer me to the solicitors and the solicitors refer me to the lender. I copy everything to both, but it makes getting an answer all but impossible.

jiloyd I have every sympathy for the position you are in with the lender and their solicitors. It has been an issue for me ever since my lender pushed through a possession order ahead of the protocols introduced in 2009. If there are problems the lenders refer me to the solicitors and the solicitors refer me to the lender. I copy everything to both, but it makes getting an answer all but impossible.

Isnt that the truth BornThisWay??? It just seems all we are is £££ not an actual family in a home and willing to work something out! keep fingers crossed for us!!!!

Isnt that the truth BornThisWay??? It just seems all we are is £££ not an actual family in a home and willing to work something out! keep fingers crossed for us!!!!

jiloyd I am sure you will be fine. You are right, we are just ££££ - when Cobbetts write to me threatening to take my home they don't actually even seem to know if I am a tenant or the owner (I am the latter) and write general letters covering every possibility. You would think that they could at least take a little more interest when they are taking someone's home away from them. I appreciate they are busy but surely they could have individuals in the 'eviction' department who just take a moment to read letters and send specific replies? It is a sad world where human beings are treated with such utter indifference. I know the employees are just making a living, but I honestly do not think I could casually throw a family out of its home via a standard letter sent out without reading! I presume you become immune to suffering if you work in the house repossession business!

jiloyd I am sure you will be fine. You are right, we are just ££££ - when Cobbetts write to me threatening to take my home they don't actually even seem to know if I am a tenant or the owner (I am the latter) and write general letters covering every possibility. You would think that they could at least take a little more interest when they are taking someone's home away from them. I appreciate they are busy but surely they could have individuals in the 'eviction' department who just take a moment to read letters and send specific replies? It is a sad world where human beings are treated with such utter indifference. I know the employees are just making a living, but I honestly do not think I could casually throw a family out of its home via a standard letter sent out without reading! I presume you become immune to suffering if you work in the house repossession business!

• 4 weeks later...

OK!!!! We now have a date of eviction.... is there anyone that can help me plead my case???? I am just unsure of the forms and how to go about it all.... thanks!

OK!!!! We now have a date of eviction.... is there anyone that can help me plead my case???? I am just unsure of the forms and how to go about it all.... thanks!