• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Halifax (2) closed credit cards PPI reclaim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WELL ,WELL, WELL here we go again,

Could someone please just advise on on the following. my statements from my old credit cards have a thing on them called "repayment Cover" do I take this to be a form of PPI.

I have also had income protection on my mortgage and a loan but I have had to use this feature......can I still claim the PPI back even though I have had to use the scheme or is that just being a little bit cheeky.

My last statement on these cards was june and july of 2006, can I claim and can I go back to when I first got the card in 2002...?

Hi again to old friends on the site..

Regards Nigel1804

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Hi and welcome back

The answers to all questions is yes (if the PPI was mis-sold)

As regards the mortgage where the policy paid out, all you do is deduct what you received from the amount you are claiming back. If the amount received under a claim on the policy exceeds any mis-selling award then it is not worth doing but the credit card you should deffo go for

Have you got all the statements for both accounts and the agreement for the mortgage?

ims

Yes I have them from when I claimed the charges back from them in 2006. I'm just a bit rusty on the site after being away for some time.............mortgage paid out way more than the cost of the PPI ...I think but i will have to calculate.....but I'm going to do my 2 old credit cards..... I had a loan with the Halifax as well which paid these off but they have taken the acct number off the online banking maybe i should check that out too.

regards nigel1804

Can you just tell me do i use spreed sheet Cis (2) for the credit cards and just fill in when the charges was applied, does it work differently than the charges I thought the 8% was only added if they were taken to court.........sorry not found the FAQs about this PPI yet.

So basically do a covering letter and fill in spread sheet and do the spread sheets work out the interest like the charges did and which interest do I use to claim back......getting into it again..

thanks ims21

Hi

This is the sheet to use for the credit cards. It reconstructs the account to provide a figure for a regulatory based award which is basically the return of the premiums paid plus any contractual interest paid on them. In addition where the removal of the ppi causes the account to show a credit balance for any period then 8% simple interest is awarded on that balance for that period.

When completed you will end up with the award calculation at the top

FosRunningPPI v101.xls

You then complete a fos questionnaire for each account and attach a copy of the spreadsheet and send them to the lender just with a brief letter saying "Here's my claim, give me my money back"

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision before you can pass it to fos to deal with.

If you intend to go the court route then you can use this spreadsheet for compound interest in restitution (rather like a charges reclaim) but the onus will be on you to prove mis-selling and will involve a lot of work on your part to out the case together but with no guarantee of a win.

CISheet v101.xls

Although there are some, there are not many PPI claims that go the court route.

ims

Well believe it or not I didn't even realise that there was this charge on my account until i 've just checked out of curiousity.....I have one charge going towards the last staement which says "Halifax card protection ESHER" all the others say the repayment cover are they the same thing do you think...?

thanks ims21.

regards nigel1804

Hi

Card protection may be something different i.e. to cover you in the event of lost or stolen cards.

Repayment cover is PPI.

If it were me I'd include the Card Protection payment in your claim.

ims

thanks ims21, I have included it but towards the end they stopped charging me for the repayment cover don't know why.

Going for 2nd card now..........regards ndr1804

just as a matter of interest . Do I use the old " Data protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request " form to get the rest of the statements that I require or would they just look over the one's I don't have to complete payment.....thanks

regards nigel1804

has someone moved my stuff on Hsbc its vanished..../???????

ndr1804

hi ims21 any ideas how to reduce the spread sheet so that it fits on to a page or just two pages . that credit card fosppi sheet that you said use is rather large.

regards nigel1804

thanks ims.

Hi everyone iI have used the fosrunning v 101 spread sheet there doesn't seem to be much interest added to the total PPi being reclaimed is this calculated differently from a PPI that would be on a loanmy sons added up nicely from each day that a payment was taken out straight forward why is there little interest on my credit card PPI.its still payed each month albeit different amounts each month.

just checking everythings right before its sent in

regards

nigel1804

The spreadsheet will be right if you have filled it on correctly.

Credit card interest is charged differently to loan interest.

With a card you get the premiums back plus any contractual interest charged as a result of those premiums. If at any time the removal of the PPI causes the account to go into a credit balance for any period then you also get 8% simple interest on the credit balance for that period.

ims

so if my card had a negative balance accept for when i payed it off then there will be little interest on it anyway.

I filled it in and the figures match the cards statements so .......just wanted to make sure they don't come back at me with technicalities

nigel1804

well there's a list of the charges and the date it was taken out on there so that should be fine. should I just do a basic letter or do i need to do the longer letter that's in the CAG templates

regards

nigel 1804

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, the best address for halifax card would that be their Dunfermline address or best to go through head office in halifax i think trinity house trinity road.?

regards

niogel1804

Many thanks

Nigel1804