Mid-Claim-Remorse??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember feeling a little bit like this when I was structuring my (successful) Endowment Mis-Selling Claim some years ago.

But on the subject of Mortgage Protection Policies (something very different to a straight loan or credit card PPI that may not even have been mentioned at point of sale of course)

Does any other cagger with the benefit of great hindsight whilst trying to think back to the meeting when they were SOLD a mortgage protection policy, ever pause to wonder for a moment that as a potentially 'gullible' customer, they may have been as guilty of 'mis-buying' such a policy, as the lender was of 'mis-SELLING'?

I just can't believe how stupid I was??

No.

I am yet to see an example of a customer who refused to take up a mortgage without a mortgage protection policy which they didn't want, didn't need, didn't understand, couldn't really afford or had no chance of benefitting from or who begged their bank to let them have one against the bank's advice. The banks on the other hand frequently and consistently had no qualms about using whatever means possible to tick all those boxes for instant gratification in terms of targets and bonuses and long term gratification in terms of premiums paid. This was made so much easier by the cultivation of a reverse client/supplier relationship and the mis-use/abuse of the word 'advisor'.

Mis-guided trust in someone whose job it was to advise but whose business it was to sell is not a reason for guilt.

Mis-complaining, however, is an entirely different matter.

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account