• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

dwp just dont care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi after reading all the threads on this matter i see that im not alone after over 30yrs of being disabled im suddenly fine :???:filled form with help of cab ,refused.been to tribunal refused[cab don,t have funding to be at tribunal]wife came to tribunal as she is my carer and they told her not to speak :-xthey made me suffer for 20mins then asked me to leave the room ,then after another 20mins a lady came out and told us that they would post the dissision:mad2:so no transport to get around,no money for taxi,s no aids as they haveto go back ......aint this country great:|

hi thanx for reply;the story,cab filled in forms ,doctor wrote letter[my doctor of over 40yrs retired ,new doctor didnt know me as i dont go every day]dwp sent doctor he was there 10mins mostly writing he did ask me to get out of chair ,which i did with my wifes help,he did ask me to walk ,which i did with sticks and wies help for 8ft[we measured it]went to tribunal they said his report stated that i could walk slowly but steady,get in and out of a chair ,i know what your thinking ..all this in 10mins ,well i have always had a problem and that is i call a spade a spade can,t stand dishonesty it got me in a lot of debates when i was younger ,trouble is i only have my wife to back me up they wern,t impressed when i told them this at tribunal ,;aids well no mobility [which i got high rate]your not disabled no aids

OK - so the doctor assumed that because you could walk 8ft at a certain pace you could keep walking further at that pace?

Is that the case? What would happen if you did walk further? How much further could you go? Can you get evidence from a consultant to support your case?

I think you will have to go and see your GP. It is not a medical problem, but going to see your GP because you are claiming DLA is just something that people have to do - an utter waste of their time, but there you go. I have just had to take a perfectly healthy autistic child to the GP because of claiming DLA - first time any GP has seen her since she was a baby, she is not ill!

Anyway, you need to go and see your GP, you need to take your wife, and tell him/her the whole story. You also need to explain what losing the car means, etc - and ask for the GPs help. It is possible to get DLA without a GPs support - but hard.

Don't forget that you are not the only patient the GP has in this situation - and he would rather sort you out now than get you ill and depressed in a years time because you never go out - a little bit of help now will stop you cluttering up his waiting room, long term. (I am joking, well, sort of... but you get the idea?). The GP will also know how to get supporting evidence - and may even, being new to your case, come up with some new ideas to help, or a new consultant to refer to, or a new physio initiative - all of which will help your DLA claim.

If you get the GPs support you can put in another claim - and reinstate all the help you had.

hi yes it would seem so ,what is getting at me is that i have recived this for over 20yrs been to 3 tribunals in that time and always had it back .to the point where they told me it was for life now this one has been going on for 2yrs

Hi Can anyone help with advice.

I have been off work for a while now, Doctor is signing me off but i have panic attacks/depression/ told might have ME as they found some white spots on my spine. got sleep Apnea use a mask.

I Have virtgo to not bad but its there. Had a d.w.p medical told to bend over asked if i could not as i get dizzy but had to went dizzy doctor left me got to the bed and layed there. having a very bad time.

just need for all this stress to stop cant take letters coming in the post get stressed out, Bad heads all the time dizzyness and was bullied at my old job for 8 years and nothing ever got done was told it was me

but had many people there see it all but then was told the manager that did this all to me got the sack for hitting someone see karma but i also been told got bipolor abd very worryed.

what can i do doctor has to go back every two weeks sometimes i cant take it with people around me and panic but if i dont get sick note to the d.w.p maney is stopped but have to post it.