Bathgatebuyer v Nationwide

bathgatebuyer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:smile: Well, well.................................received my statements from Nationwide on Friday and have spent this morning tallying up the charges making full use of the spreadsheets on this website. From initially thinking I was only about £800 worse off because of these charges, I'm actually over £2000 worse off!

So, they'll get an opportunity to pay me or it's Moneyclaim or the Scottish Courts if I can be bothered with multiple claims to be recompensed for their unlawful charges. It's my money, they cannot justify those costs, and I want it back.

Time to pick out my new bathroom suite!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

:smile: Well, well.................................received my statements from Nationwide on Friday and have spent this morning tallying up the charges making full use of the spreadsheets on this website. From initially thinking I was only about £800 worse off because of these charges, I'm actually over £2000 worse off!

So, Moneyclaim being filed....................or I may break it up and claim via the Scottish Courts, I haven't quite decided yet :rolleyes: Either way, it's my money, I want it back, and I am not going to take no for an answer (definitely fighting talk where I come from!).

Time to pick out my new bathroom suite!

You're either brave or foolhardy.

And if you don't why you should read the FAQs and step by step guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Sorry, meant after sending the LBA!!! Getting ahead of myself there! The thought of getting back all those charges I struggled, worked extra hours, went without, etc, to meet was just to exciting for me on a Tuesday afternoon.

Michael, like to think of myself as brave!

Not brave - just entitled! I suppose I'm quite lucky in that going to court is a fairly regular part of my job, but I've never been the one raising an action before!

I hope Nationwide are quicker to resolve than Halifax as they are next on my list.

Well, that's me prepared my LBA. My total comes to over £2,500 using the spreadsheet from the template library.

Fingers crossed. Let's see how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, well they have surpassed themselves this time. I went to check my account at a local ATM to see if they had reimbursed anything. Guess what? They've added another £490 worth of charges on the account!!!!

I managed to stomp all the way into the nearest Nationwide and ask them to check up on this. Yes, they have been applying charges to the account in the interim. Fine, I'll take them to court with that sum included.

Looks like this is one for the litigation section then!

• 3 weeks later...

Sent off my N1 form with cheque (first time I've ever cheered as I wrote out a cheque!) on Friday. Taking on the Halifax and the Nationwide at the same time. Bampots.

Blinkin' Nationwide and their, "We're not giving you anything" well we'll see about that in Court.

Grrrrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

Claim numbers against both the Halifax and the Nationwide were given to me by the County Court yesterday. Notice of issue (if that's what they call it) is being sent to both institutions before the week is through.

Let's see if that focuses their minds somewhat!

Particularly pleased about that as the Nationwide served a default letter despite the court application and things being submitted. They knew I was going to court, knew it had been in dispute for 3 months and still sent out their silly wee default letter.

Well, Nationwide, it stops when you pay me back my money. Threats and poxy computerised letters do not scare me.

Sent off my N1 form with cheque (first time I've ever cheered as I wrote out a cheque!) on Friday. Taking on the Halifax and the Nationwide at the same time. Bampots.

Blinkin' Nationwide and their, "We're not giving you anything" well we'll see about that in Court.

Grrrrrr.

Which court have you chosen? I'm in Scotland too and sending off the LBA today. Considering the English courts

Good luck!

Caz

Well well! Checked my account tonight and the balance is £700!!! Apparently some monies have been desposited in my account over the past few days in sporadic amounts.

Doesn't look like the final amount is in yet, and will take a chance to have a proper look through things tomorrow when I'm a bit breezier and brighter!

Still no sign of the full amount appearing in my account. I faxed them requesting the full amount and today I got a letter saying, "You're right - we haven't put the full amount in so we've corrected it by paying in 1p".

Cheeky ratbags!!!

Has anyone else had this experience with the Nationwide or any other bank? I'm convinced that my figures are right, but I'm wondering they are trying to throw a spanner in the works and try a new tactic to put doubt in the claimants minds over the validity of their own figures?

Would like to hear if anyone else has had similar.......