Any point in proceeding with employment tribunal claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last couple of months I have been in dispute with my employers regarding Bank Holidays and Statement of Particulars.

After several informal requests, a meeting with the company accountant after submitting a formal grievance letter. Nothing had been sorted.

The accountant didn't seem to have a clue what he was talking about. Stating that their was no requirement under law for a written statement of particulars. Then one minute saying we got paid extra for working bank holidays, although when I queried this 5 minutes later he denied ever saying it ( I had witnesses).

Anyway to cut a long story short I got fed up and put in a claim to the employment tribunal claiming breach of contract (because of holiday entitlement) and failure to provide a statement of particulars.

As if by a miracle the day after they received the papers from the employment tribunal they dropped off a copy of the statement of particulars.

I initially refused to sign them or a letter attached to confirm I had agreed / refused the statement as to be honest I was a bit peeved that I had to go through all that just to get what they should have gave me in the first place.

Anyway after calming down and thinking through the matter. I have decided to accept the statement and sign for it. Now I need to go about cancelling the employment tribunal. Whats the easiest way to do so? and will there be any disadvantage to me if I do so?

Sorry for the long winded post, been one of them days and needed to get it off my chest :|

No they are still disputing the bank Holidays, but I am willing to let that slide as I was never doing it for financial reasons. As long as I know where I stand and have it in writing I will be happy.

Thanks for the advice.