Court Summons For TV Licesnce

Munchkyne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a nice court summons this morning yay not lol

Its in 2 weeks time under the sect 363 of the communications act. We got it back in June this year and the guy at the door gave me a payment card, and said i need to make the payment this week only £5 odd a week. We'll I completely forgot about it ooops. Half the time im chasing my 3 yr old son and my now 9 month old daughter so im pretty occupied and the times i did remember we had no cash as we both dont work as hubby got made redundant last yr not long after I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, talk about bad timing.

I hold my hands up I didnt pay, and now got a new license today going out by direct debit so IT WILL BE PAID. Lets just say the summons have given me the chills. Thing is they said that I will be contacted about sentencing thats the thing that scared me cos I dont know what they will do in a guilty verdict will I go to jail or will it be something else. Can anyone help?

Munch x

Firstly have you admitted liability. I'm assuming you did when you signed the form.

If I were you I would contact TV licencing immediately (by phone and re-enforced with a special delivery letter) and offer to pay the licence for the unlicensed periods, explain that you have now got a TV licence and ask them to drop the case. It is usually a rubber stamp job and very very rare for people to go to jail for first offences. On your defense form ask the judge to consider you current financial status, the fact you have young ones and also the fact that you have offered to pay tv licencing for the unlicenced periods. GO TO COURT!!! submit the evidence and you should get off with a slap on the wrist. Give me 10 minutes and ill even write the letter for you.

• Confused 1

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

Give me a sec im still working on it

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

Here you are!!

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing to you to offer my unreserved apology on failing to get a TV licence after a visit from one of your officers.

I currently live at at home with a 9 month old baby and a three year old toddler. The demands of parent hood have facilitated an oversight on my part which has now been rectified. Whilst I appreciate that I have committed an offence, I would like you to consider my circumstances earlier on in the year shortly after I gave birth to my baby. I have now made arrangements to ensure this oversight does not happen again.

I understand you have applied to the courts under Section 363 of the communications act. As a gesture on my part, I would like to offer the licence fee for the unlicensed period and request that the matter be dropped from the court process. If this is not the policy of the BBC, then I shall ask the courts to take my circumstances at the time into consideration and show them that I am now licensed and have offered the fee for the unlicensed period.

Kind Regards

Munch

When phoning remember you catch more flies with sugar then you do vinegar and if you are forced to go to court then be very apologetic and explain your financial problems to the judge and im sure you will be ok

SFUK :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Munch

Did you get this sorted?

SFUK

Did you end up going to court, or did they rescind the summons after you wrote to them?

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.