Unexpected default from carphone warehouse

jy75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am looking for some help and advice over a default that has appeared on my experian file in August. I hadn't checked it for about 8 months and then today when I did I found an entry from Carphone Warehouse for a £534 default entered in July of this year but relating to an account in 2004. The default was dated from Feb 2007 but I have heard nothing from Carphone Warehouse since 2006 when I lived at a former address (according to the entry they have my current address now though)...

I have now had a letter from frederickson international and they have also called my parents hse and sent me a txt to my mobile...

New to all this so could do with some advice pls thx

You need to send Fredrickson a 'prove it' letter and deny any knowledge of any debt. Add in the letter that you will only deal in writing and that they are contacting a phone number which does not belong to you and that any further attempts to contact you in this way will be deemed as harassment.

Might also be worth a SAR to CPW.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Agreed, use the prove it letter from the CAG Library,

there is no credit agreement as such as phone contracts

are ''service contracts''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: