question re- shAbbey

midge61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I had an account with shAbbey for about 18 years and it was closed in 2004. I was going to send off my s.a.r. but after reading some of the threads I see that they claim info is stored on microfiche after 18 mths and this is not covered by DP so is it worth me trying to get my info or will they refuse?

Thanks in advance

midge61

Hi Midge, yes they are held on mirofiche but you are entitled to see everything that thy have about you but you need to send an SAR and £10 there is a template letter in the FAQ's which can be accessed at the bottom of my signature via a link :-D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 4 weeks later...

hi

had a letter from pam speed at shabbey today.

says duplicate statements covering the last 14mths will be sent in next 5-7 days.

Then it says 'Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer printout of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2000 and 2005, under seperate cover.'

Is it me or don't their dates add up. 14mths would be back to july 2005 yet in second part they claim they are held on micro up till 2005 duh!

Any way wait to see what i get.

Can you get an estimated claim in rather than wait an eternity for your DPA request.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Hi

I dont have any paperwork left regarding my abbey account so really I do need the statements. Still I was hoping now their micro argument could not be used anymore they would comply quicker.

I'm not in a rush as I'm dealing with LTSB and smile at the mo.

Hi

Well the postman bought me 3 letters from Shabbey this morning. So I was thinking great they're improving and I can get on with this now.

Well I eagerly opened them only to find 1 statement in each envelope! At this rate it's going to take them 6 years to send the lot!

Hi all

Well I've been busy with Lloyds but have just realised that Shabbey only have 5 days left for my SARs request to be completed. To date I have only recieved 3 single statements in 3 seperate envelopes. So tomorrow I will try to make time to contact them (unless they all turn up tomorrow morning of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with it midge61 and DLTBGYD.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

I haven't been around much due to familly issues but have decided to spend this evening getting everything up to date.

I am now well into this claim with Shabbey. I filed my claim on 8th Jan and they have until 5th Feb which is Monday to file defence. I did recieve a letter from them after filing asking for my contact details but have not heard anything else.

I'm rather hoping they forget and I can have the pleasure of filing for judgement.

Case no:7TA00016 Claim amount £4,675.54 + £120 fee + £1.25 daily rate

I have been having terrible problems with Nat west (next on the list) cancelling dd and refusing to set up new ones etc. Got so Pi**** O** I thought I'd have a go at getting another account. Lloyds had written to me after settling to ask me to reconsider going back to them!!!!!!!! That one kept us chuckling for a whole day!

In the end I tried A&L not really expecting to get accepted but I did for a full Premier Direct Current account so I'm really pleased with that and I'm sure they will be when they get the steady flow of cheques for returned charges lol

Hope everyone is well in this New Year

Midge

Hi all

I recieved a letter dated 1st FEb from Shabbey today. It contains a copy of their standard 11 point defence.

I have not had anything from the court and I'm sure if they already had recieved Shabbeys defence I would have stuff from them by now.

Will wait a couple of days and then ring court if nothing comes.

I'm sure I read a thread where Shabbey sent copy to claimant but forgot to file with court.

Anyway I've not had any GOGW from Shabbey probably because I no longer have an account with them....but it would have been nice of them to offer. I feel quite left out lol.

Should I reply to this letter or wait for AQ to arrive?

Hi all

Still nothing from the court. Rang them and they said they have not recieved Shabbeys defence and told me to file for Judgement. I said should I not wait a bit but lady said if they can't be bothered to file get in with judgement. So I have.

Just waiting to see what happens now!!

• 1 month later...

Nothing they sent defence in late. Have had a&q and been given court date of 16th april. Have e-mailed James Arrandale twice but he doesn't bother replying. Will give him til Friday then will phone Inga I think. Court bundle due in on 2nd April but it's so frustrating when you know they will not do theirs and will settle just before court date. It seems such a waste of everbodys time and money.

So thats everything so far.

Midge

Sorry to jump in here, but what the heck is wrong with these courts. Law is law. Us mere mortals have a date to comply by and if we dont, we get ruled against. Why to the courts allow banks longer than us mere mortals to get their defence in. WHY. surely its a double standards thing ?? Fendy x the whole point of getting a judgement is because you have been dilligent in watching the dates etc. etc. and complying with everything the court askings for, so why do banks get different treatment. Its just soooooooo not fair.