Ishmo186 vs HSBC

ishmo186
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I am aware the amount you are charged for MCOL depends on how much you are claiming back from the bank and you get that back when u win.

wouldnt worry about how you sent your letter. you may want to use RD for your next letter so that HSBC cant pretend they didnt recieve anything. I handed all mine in at branch and asked for a reciept because I didnt want to have to pay postage on the very heavy schedule copies i needed to send lol.

So, its best to get some sort of proof of sending but dont worry about what is already done. stick to your timetable and dont give them an inch!

Good luck

Kaz :D

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my claim is for £2700 and cost me £120 on MCOL. I think it starts at £30 and goes up depending how much your claim is for. it calculates it all for you when u use mcol. hope that helps.

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

they dont tend to close your account until u make more than one claim on the same account or a claim for more than one account. So basically, as long as you only sue them once u ought to be ok lol

HSBC

• 3 weeks later...

yes it means they have bounced it AND charged you for it. dont worry, u can add this money to your MCOL claim. they've done this to me loads of times.

i had a call from them today saying they were going to put more charges on my account and i simply informed the guy i would start another claim against them in court if they dared to charge me again. (im already at mcol stage). its worth ringing them and letting them know about pending court action so they are better off stopping it as you are already taking action.

HSBC

when u fill out mcol form, it will ask you for the amount. I'd put it in exactly to the penny as per the spreadsheet (including the 8%) and then it will calculate the court costs u will need to pay. you dont need to send any other documents.

with mcol you have to pay online using a debit or credit card and the court cost amount depends on how big your claim is.

HSBC

dont restart...you've come this far so just file with mcol when the deadline is up. legally your letters would have been assumed as received after 2 days so you'll be fine. they may say they have not gotten your letters but it would be amazing if both went missing in the post and even if they do use that tactic, you'll still get your money back with interest anyways.

good luck with mcol :D

HSBC

i would try ringing them first and reasoning that you are already claiming against unlawful charges and that it would be seen favourably by a judge if they were to let you off that charge. i did this and it worked. just keep your cool and be reasonable and u should get away with it. i was cocky and rude but that was a silly thing to do as wouldnt look good in court. i just get too wound up other their attitude lol.

if they say no, then its up to you. i have seen other threads where people claimed charges back in mcol before they are taken and its worked. there are also other threads where people have left the charges out of mcol but are able to get DG to repay the charges in the settlement so that may be another option. If it were me, i would do the latter as i would feel that hsbc may try to get out of repaying me at all based on one charge claimed too early.

the main thing is that u feel comfortable and relaxed with making your claim so its entirely up to you :)

HSBC

they are all money grabbers lol. Ive joined my husband barclays account and found them to be really nice but it depends on the branch, i guess. the one we use...the staff are great but a mile the other way from our house and they r rude, unhelpful and in my opinion, all unfit to work in a customer related role.

that'll be the daily interest increasing the money owed to you. just see what the outstanding balance is as of today and put that into mcol (with the 8% added). if you are adding future charges then put those on the spreadsheet also. When you do the particulars of claim, make it clear u are claiming daily interest also and that way, you can insist on the difference between the time of mcol and when DG finally give u a proper offer.

does that make sense? i think the words clearly but dont think it reflects when i type it all lol.

• Confused 1

HSBC

if they think they can put one over on u or intimidate you into believing u cant win they will do it at every step. if this happens then come back and post about it and we can reassure u they r bluffing lol.

as for what other people say...they obviously dont know what its like getting into a bad cycle of charges. iccuring 1 charge means they can charge u more next time and so on until it snowballs so once it happens once, its very hard to get out of.

hsbc would have been really pleased when you inccured charges and took advantage of the fact. they want you to stay in a spiral and thats what the issue really is, not ur spending habits.

I think everyone here has had people around them telling them this wont work and its their own fault but those will be the same people eating their words when u DO win.

i got to rub everyones noses in it yesterday when i got my full refund offer. of course, i did it all tactfully but with great enjoyment lol. in a week ir 2 from now that'll be what u are doing while they all shake their headsd saying they cant believe u won!

Anyways, everyone here knows u can win so listen to the threads here and not those trying to make u feel guilty and as though u r doing the bank an injustice cos that really isnt the case!

HSBC

when DG ask for a breakdown, add in any further charges and just say in your cover letter that u want these charges back also. they will pay if they want you to accept their offer which will follow. they may try to offer you only part of what u have put in your mcol but you can insist on having the rest. they will be desperate to settle out of court so u will hold all the aces really.

make sure you do appear reasonable though as if it did go to court (which is highly unlikely) then u would want to look nice a nice, reasonable person :)

HSBC

my suggestion would be to try more than one bank. i got one with barclays and i'll bet my credit score is lower than yours lol.

i have read a few posts saying that natwest give some kind of basic bank account that is really easy to get and co-op bank may be worth a try too.

if the worst came to the worst, you'd just have to stay with hsbc and wait for your credit scoring to improve.

heres one link regarding the way to improve your scoring but theres plenty more indepth ones if you google for it

Improve your credit rating | This is Money

HSBC