• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Have I broken any blue badge parking rules?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was parked on a single yellow line, in an area that allows loading, with my clock set for the three hours.

I came back to the car after about 20 minutes, intending to go home, only to find that somebody had taken my sticker "please leave space for my wheelchair" to mean "please touch my bumper with yours". I am not kidding, less than an inch between the cars...nothing behind him for a hundred yards or so. Another car was parked in front of me, but had left me plenty of space - so I left my chair in the road while I moved my car forward, then rolled round to the back to load the wheelchair.

At this point I noticed someone in an official looking uniform (looked like a traffic warden?) taking a photo of my blue badge, which was still on my dash, still with the clock set from when I had parked there.

I shouted over to him to ask what he was doing, and he told me that he was going to report me for abusing the blue badge rules by moving my car - then walked off. I was not issued a ticket.

What rule have I broken? Does anyone know whether I could get my blue badge revoked for whatever offence it is?

As far as I am aware, you need to seriously abuse the blue badge for it to be revoked, ie, continually parking using the badge when the holder is not in the vehicle.

I would wait to see what, if anything, happens. If 'they' do get in touch, post on CAG where I am sure we can advise further.

I know that loading bays are a bit iffy for badge parking so I avoid them where possible.

Regards fellow badge holder.

Edited by trevor33
spelling

I cant see you broke any of the rules of the Blue Badge parking, if you do get any problem then explain to them in writing (send it recorded delivery) that you had to move the vehicle forward because of being boxed in by the car behind. I can not understand why he can report you for abuse of the badge, he may have just seen you move along a bit and assumed that you were going to get another 3 hrs free.

Did he not give you a chance to say anything?

You said he was in a uniform, do you know what uniform, was a Street Warden from the council or a Traffic warden or what.

Had you set the clock correctly?

Had the badge fallen down the dash board ( some people display their badge on their sun visor, using big wide elastic bands, which cover some of the badge us) and was it displayed properly, so that everything that needs to be shown was in view?

I had a penalty put on me once in a car park run by the council, I had put my BB up onto the screen into a transparent fixture thing, this thing has a little bit of paper in it with a smiley face on it, what I didn't realise was that the bit of paper had got caught on the badge and was covering part of the badge up. Hence not displaying all the relevant info.

When you display the badge you must make sure that the whole front of the badge is visiable, some people use the clock badge to cover the expiry date up because it has expired. The front side of the badge is the side which does not have your photo on. For your info, the only people who can ask to see your photo part of the Police and a Traffic warden (whether this now covers Street Wardens I don't know) this is the information I was told by the police.

I personally would wait and see what happens, and if you do get a letter or something then see what it says you have contravened and if nesscessary Appeal against it. If they say you were photographed then demand a copy of the photo to make sure you were in the right.

You can't do anything but wait I'm afraid.

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

At this point I noticed someone in an official looking uniform (looked like a traffic warden?) taking a photo of my blue badge, which was still on my dash, still with the clock set from when I had parked there.

If you reset the clock to get another 3 hours when you moved yes you are in breach of the rules, if it was the same time as when you first arrived, no you didn't do anything wrong. If you are at the car still anyway you haven't actually parked as you are still getting out of the car with your chair.

My blue badge is in a theft proof, metal holder with a thick piece of perspex at the front - and it was all showing correctly. I have used the same holder for 3 and a bit years now, no change. My blue badge is a new one, renewed only a month ago, but I cannot see anything wrong with it. My clock was still set from when I had left the car, I had not touched either the clock or the badge when I moved the car - come to that, it still is how I set it this morning, and I just checked again - nothing wrong.

When the guy spoke to me I was at the back of the car, loading the chair, which meant I could not go round to the front to speak to him, I could not even see him properly as my car was in the way, I was sitting on my bumper operating the hoist. By the time the chair was in the car he had gone, I had assumed he would come round the car to speak to me.

I guess you are all right, it is a case of wait and see :(

Just sit and wait is all you can do.

A lot of trouble is some people do not understand the rules about "loading restrictions" but as you said you were out of the time limit on these. Some disabled people do not bother to read the booklets that come with your Blue Badge, so they just think that it is OK for them to park anywhere, loading lines or everything.... they don't understand the road signs either so they think they can just park where ever and when ever they want.

But as you said , you knew about the restrictions and times so you were not infringing anything that we know of.... so just wait and see and if you do get anything keep us updated and we will try and advise you as much as we can...

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................