Nram

bevo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a court date for a possession order. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting the payments reduced by the Judge are? Will NRAM be looking for me to pay the required monthly amount plus extra for arrears? I paid the required amount in August and when telephoning to fix September's payment was told that it had already been passed to solicitors for court action.

I am stressed by all of this and I feel I should not even attend the court date as I am sure the monthly amount will not be lowered.

Any advice much appreciated.

It would be foolhardy for you not to attend the court date.

The court has no power to lower a contractual payment, however, if you are looking for a reduction for a specified period of time, they can consider an adjournment of the hearing - or make a suspended possession order on the basis that payments will increase on a given date.

The usual method is for agreement to be reached to pay the current instalment plus an amount towards the arrears.

How much are you currently paying? How much were you hoping to pay? How long did you want reduced payments for? How much are your arrears? How much is the property worth? How many years and months (be exact) are left on the term of the loan? How much is the outstanding amount on the loan? Do you have other debts you are paying?

Thanks for your reply Leah. I do not feel comfortable putting down what I owe etc on here particularly as NRAM may theirselves read these threads.

I cannot afford the payment required plus any extra. I paid a reduced amount as agreed by Northern Rock for a year and when that came to an end I explained I could not afford what they were asking for. Eventually after being hounded I paid the required amount only to then be told they wanted the arrears that had accrued paid as well.

Sorry to be so downbeat but unfortunately I am not fareing well.

Thanks for your reply Leah. I do not feel comfortable putting down what I owe etc on here particularly as NRAM may theirselves read these threads.

I cannot afford the payment required plus any extra. I paid a reduced amount as agreed by Northern Rock for a year and when that came to an end I explained I could not afford what they were asking for. Eventually after being hounded I paid the required amount only to then be told they wanted the arrears that had accrued paid as well.

It is virtually impossible to assist you without facts and figures.

Whilst I appreciate that you think NRAM might see the information, I would like to point out that they have possibly thousands of cases in default and spying on you getting assistance on a website probably isn't a realistic likelihood. Not to mention the fact that they are already aware of the facts and figures in your case.

Perhaps you can read some of the other threads to see if you can pick up some advice from those instead.

Good luck.

Hi bevo

Lea is right much more info needed.

Useful links here that may help you understand your position and options -

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10013261

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/pdf/self_help_pack/mortgage_arrears.pdf

Your hearing date will come round quick and a decision will be made in your absence if you do not attend court which is likely to be a possession order (perhaps 28 days).

There may be a duty solicitor scheme at the court - perhaps give the court a ring regarding this.

You could try your local CAB, Law Centre (if you have these) or telephone Shelter maybe.

Have you contacted your local authority housing department - they may have someone to help or point you in the right direction.

Also maybe think again about putting more up on here.

Easy for me to say but try to keep your head up and best to deal with things before it gets to the next stage.

Best wishes

I have a court date for a possession order. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting the payments reduced by the Judge are? Will NRAM be looking for me to pay the required monthly amount plus extra for arrears? I paid the required amount in August and when telephoning to fix September's payment was told that it had already been passed to solicitors for court action.

I am stressed by all of this and I feel I should not even attend the court date as I am sure the monthly amount will not be lowered.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi again bevo

Just read this again -

Is this a forthcoming possession hearing or have you already been to court and defaulted on the order and have now been issued with a warrant.

Very important so just making sure - apologies for an confusion.