Faulty Panasonic 42" LED TV

dx748
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Panasonic 42" LED TV on 26 April 2011 from Dixons website and have been very happy with it, pride and joy and all that. It has the standard manufacturer warranty, no fancy warranty was purchased. This evening however it has suddenly developed a thin horizontal black across the bottom of the screen that travels about 70% of the width of it. Rather distracting!

Having a quick chat with their support line this evening (I need to call back during office hours to book it in) they advise that they will need to collect it to undertake a repair. I asked what the turnaround is on this usually and they say a week or thereabouts. Just a few questions I thought I'd ask....

1) The TV is just a touch over 4 months old. Is it correct that Dixons should be collecting and repairing after this amount of time?

2) They say they do no give loan sets out. What would be a reasonable time that your main TV (front room) should be away being repaired for? From people's experiences, is it likely to be done in a week?

3) Should the repair take longer than a week, given that it's an item used every day, is it reasonable for us to be without it for a long period without another in the meantime?

4) I have a monthly sky+ hd subscription that is clearly going to be redundant whilst the tv is away. Is it just unfortunate or is there recourse for this loss whilst I'm unable to use the service with no display equipment?

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks, Steven

Edited by dx748

if its uner 6mts, then they have by their own published timescales 28 days to repair or replace under soga.

TBH , currys are typically not very good at soga issues and need to be pushed.

as for a replacement whilst yours is under repair, i'm not that well up on what services they give with regard to this

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...