• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Payday Express - could really do with advice **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, well, well. Payday Express have been in touch - by email :-o

Good work CFA, but...

They have sent the email about only offering repayment plans to dead people and requesting my bank statements.

I'm neither dead (or indeed undead), unemployed, etc, etc. I'm just horribly in debt. This means I don't qualify for a repayment plan.

Don't worry. I don't believe a word of their email. Another go methinks...

Edited by OhMyGod-TheyAreAllZombies
Bad English

it is just a generated one I had that to as well as the first person I spoke to telling me exactly the same, you now need to send one back to complain (also try asking for their complaints procedure) and state again you want a repayment plan, remake any offer etc

then wait for their call and answer it (FYI I found they generally try work numbers last)

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Let me know if you want the Senior Operations Manager's name then !I also found 'forcing payment' of the amount I could pay into their account also helped (used it to my advantage) then they won't have much of a leg to stand on if you are already making payments.The longer it takes to get a plan setup the worse it could become.

Edited by asmilecostsnothing

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

Ohmygod-theyareallzombies. Firstly, congtrats on having the best name on the site! Great name! Hope you manage to get sorted, currently I have FOS and OFT investigating, still no joy from "customer services" at Payday Express and/or express Finance Good luck with the big guns....... :-)

Asmilecostsnothing - pleased you're getting sorted. Interested in hearing how you got on with the forced payment? This sounds far better than the random "account raping" that PDEXP are involved with! Did you follow up your forced payment with correspondence to them confirming what action you'd taken?

Hey Toptrapper! sorry you're still having troubles with the PDE bunch hope you'll get sorted soon,

unfortunately for them I had their bank details from a previous time when I had to pay in a different way so with them to hand,paid the amount I was trying to get agreed as the monthly repayment amount (admittedly they didn't like it cause it weakens their position...) and sent a copy of my statement proving this and they have never tried denying not having recevied the first payment

and lets say they never tried to get it back in my account. :wink:

now I have written letter from them confirming future payments, but, this is also written along the lines of 'my making a complaint'...

I am also sorry for people who get their accounts abused but also imagine it puts them (PDE) in the brown stuff and people should persue them on this basis there is card protocal - we should quote data protection back at them lol!

By all means I'm happy for you to use this thread in evidence as proof that they do set up repayment plans if that is what your wanting them to do

Don't get me wrong, I think it is dreadful how PDEXP can treat debtors differently as there are other threads and users saying they to got a plan setup.

I just think getting a payment to them speeds them up and corners them, personally :-)

x

Good evening "asmilecostsnothing", hope all's well.

The fact that PDE are ignoring me is annoying but not the major issue, the fact that FOS have confirmed they're awaiting papers that they requested direct from PDE from 4 weeks ago does rile me up somewhat!! I'm used to being ignored by PDE, i did think though PDE would play FOS with a straight bat!! Obviously not!! Never mind, onwards and upwards!!! Thanks for the offer of using the thread as proof that PDE can set up repayment plans if they feel like it. I'm just miffed they agreed with me to set one up verbally, then decided to backtrack on the deal. I like the idea of paying direct, I know I have a debt to pay, I just want to be treated fairly whilst I pay it off!!

Oh that's utter maddness on their part, have they said why?

No doubt this is obstruction!

I will see tomorrow if I can get my letter scanned up for you,

I was initally deeply suspicious that I was contacted by 'Castlebridge Management' on behalf of Payday Express...

as there was such a difference in the two people I spoke with, the first when I called them direct to discuss and when one of their collections advisor then called me

Here we go I done it, :wink: not so sure I can publish the page 2 I have with someones name and signature freely showing as much as I'd like to! it also wasn't the same person I had a conversation with either at PDE... While I must greatly respect Payday Express for putting in writing I believe this page alone should give some weight for others trying to achieve the same thing.

Hope it can assist Toptrapper and any body else struggling to get a repayment plan set up

xx

Can you then start your own thread.Whilst I simply don't mind helping or this thread being used as proof/evidence I don't want to get caught up in a matter that for me is resolved with Payday Express as the orginal poster of this thread.

• 11 months later...