Urgent - Want to hand car back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I bought my car on hire purchase in March 2009 through Black Horse.

However, I am not 50% through my agreement as I am 8 payments in arrears. Next payment is due 01/09/2011.

I no longer want the car as it is too small for my needs and is costing a fortune to run.

I received a letter in August stating that 'This is a Notice of Default Sums and is given in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974'.

My questions are:

1. Does the above mean I have a Default Notice and cannot VT my car?

2. Am I able to hand it back and just make payments upto 50%

3. Can I send a recorded letter today stating that I want to VT and hand the car in to my local dealer tomorrow?

4. What do I actually need to write in the letter?

5. I have accrued about £1200 of charges, what can I claim back and how do I do this?

6. I asked for a copy of my agreement and account of charges and only received the latter. Is it a CCA to get copy of agreement?

Think that is everything for now :!:

If you are 8 payments in arrears it would be surprising if BH haven't already terminated the agreement, in which case it is too late for you to VT. If they haven't, however, there is nothing to stop you VTing now irrespective of whether there are arrears or not. As mentioned you will then have to pay whatever those arrears are, plus any other amount to make the total you have paid up to one half of the total purchase price.