Credit Reference Problems

Sk1ppy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My wife and I had a joint mortgage until recently and to be quite honest my credit reference sucks, Self employed defaults etc.

We no longer have any joint commitments in terms of banks, credit cards and so on. Unfortunately my history has affected her credit reference by association.

My questions are:

1. Can we remove this financial association now.

2. If we can break the financial link between us how does she do it.

3. How long will it take to disassociate her from me.

4. If we can disassociate financially, who does she need to contact. If its the Credit reference agencies, who are they. I have heard of Experion but no others.

5. If we have to contact the agencies is there a format for the letter.

Thanks in advance.

Skip

PS the mortgage was squeaky clean, always paid up on time for 15 years.

Edited by Sk1ppy
Added to

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

H, you can try writing to Experian , Equifax and Call credit the

main 3 agencies but it may be that the financial association

will stay for some time.

Just write to the compliance manager of each agency and

state your case.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They each have forms you request and then send back to them.

I dragged my Mrs into my bad credit score as well. trick is to have separate assets, debts and bank accounts etc. Provided you have no joint debts then her cerdit report will fix almost immediately she disassociates from you financially. Worked for us and my better half even got a mortgage :) which on prior joint apps had been declined :)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

My wife has a perfect credit record on her own and the above association relates to a mortgage that was paid up a while back, all other banking cards etc. were in her own name. The mortgage was paid in full every month and on time for 15 years. The joint mortgage did not even have the same surnames. We had different surnames then. What worries me is the 'the financial association will stay for some time' if she cant get adrift of me now how long will it be before she can. Are there any presidents that have been set about the length of time this may stay with her. I hope its not 6 years :(

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

They each have forms you request and then send back to them.

I dragged my Mrs into my bad credit score as well. trick is to have separate assets, debts and bank accounts etc. Provided you have no joint debts then her cerdit report will fix almost immediately she disassociates from you financially. Worked for us and my better half even got a mortgage :) which on prior joint apps had been declined :)

Well that's what I was hoping, we are a bit estranged atm and this would not help the situation, besides I don't want to have an imprint of my head on the bottom of a saucepan :-)

Cheers

Hi skippy, what do you mean by a perfect credit score

the 3 magic numbers seen on the credit report are onl

seen bu you not by lenders.

As your partners has a good score and you have no actual

financial accounts now active you should just request the disassociation

or ask for the form from each CRA it should not be a problem.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

financial disassociation has nothing to do with the status of the relationship etc. you can be happily married and living together and disassociate yourselves financially as far as the wretched CRAs are concerned. TBH its the best thing to do where one partner has good credit and another has bad. The fact that the mortgage is now paid up and is not current is all that counts, so yes, you should be able to disassociate now as far as the CRAs are concerned.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.