• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

K+co Cat, PPI REclaim - success thro CEO Letter **WON**

Glassart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gez, Ims, dx,

Update I just received this letter below:

"Dear sir,

Further to our letter date xxxx2011 concerning PPI on your Account.

I can confirm we are continuing with the investigation of your complaint. I am awaiting further information and aim to provide you with a final response within 7-10 days.

if in the meantime you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to call us.

Although we hope you appreciate that we are progressing your complaint as quickly as possible, [as we have not completed our investigation within the prescribed 8 weeks allowed], you can refer the matter to FOS.

Yours ------".

On their letter above they mention 8 weeks, But it's 5 days short of 12 weeks now for them to respond by.

What do I do NEXT?.

Thanks,

Regards JT.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

remind them they have XXX days left before you start an FOS complaint

that will cost them £450 anyhow!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Thanks, is this ok

[ To K&Co,

May I remind you that you have only XXX days left before I start an foslink3.gif complaint.

Regards JT.]

If so I will post them the letter to remind them asap.

Regards JT.

Hi again,

Sorry my mistake! they still have 4 weeks untill the 12 weeks is up, do I still send them a letter?.

I'm a little confused when do I complain to the Fos, 8 weeks or 12 weeks into the claim.

K&Co received my claim the start of /09/11.

K&Co say:

[ we have not completed our investigation within the prescribed 8 weeks allowed]

Regards JT

Hi JT

Was 8 weeks, now 12 weeks.......... would imagine the letter you received was a template from pre September claims.

If they want to respond within the old 8 week schedule who are you to argue :-)

As for the Fos, you can complain after receipt of their final response if you are unhappy with their conclusions/offer or at the end of 12 weeks - whichever comes first.

Gez

Hi JT

Personally......... I'd wait, just more of your time and money chasing them for something they are obliged to do. If you reach week 11 and don't have an offer or final response give them a nudge, and remind them that at the end of week 12 you'll bundle everything up and send it off to the Fos.

Tbh, you should get a sensible response to this soon, can't say the figures will be 100% but lets give them the opportunity to respond first before condemning them, lol

Gez

write back

advise them that they have 14 days before you will either go to court or contact the FOS

your choice

dx

thats a std fob-off letter BTW

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Thank you,

Regarding, "write back advise them that they have 14 days before you will either go to court or contact the foslink3.gif your choice" dx". What will this letter achieve for me?.

Do I still have a good case even with all the reasons that K&Co give in the letter above "final response" saying that I have no case as I would have been covered by Life, Hospitalization and merchandise cover, and because they say that I had detailed description and cancellation rights on every statment?.

What happens now that I have the Final response from them, do I wait until the end of week 12 before I bundle everything up and send it off to the fos. Can you elaborate on this?.

Thank you.

Regards JT

you can go to the fos now if you want

but

they know they'll get hit anyhow by the FOS for £450

very few co's cough on the first letter

wont harm anything

give them 14 days,

this is why they have writtento you to put doubts in your head.

the PPI was missold end of

as for WHY, its matters not - give it back you spoofers

dx

and they

Hi dx,

Thank you Very Much,

With my not having any experience with sort of thing their letter put the wind up me today, I so very much need to some how win this, This Debt it's hanging over me like a lead weight.

Regards JT

Hi JT

I received an almost identical response from Santander about PPI on a storecard - they said I was aware of the terms , PPI amount was clearly shown on statement etc as in your case.

Also they did not refer me to FOS as the policy was taken out in 2000 and they were not regulated then.

I rang the FOS and spoke to them about this and they have taken on the case as they will take this up with the underwriter of the insurance, rather than Santander.

I also asked whether I was wasting my time , given what Santander had said in thier letter and they said that I wasn't. since then I have read something from FSa saying that this is not a valid reason for turning down claims.

I emailed my questionnaire and letter of complaint to them and that has been acknowledged , so it is just a question of waiting.

I have been following your thread and I am very disappointed that this hasn't been sorted out at the first attempt.

I get the impression that PPI taken out years ago on storecards and catalogues is trickier to get back than on loans.

I would ring the FOS and speak to someone. In my case they took details of the complaint over the phone and I emailed the rest to them.

Regards

W

Hi WFLOSS,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer me the benefit of your own experience with your case, I believe I may have come across a post of yours regarding your case. I will for sure take into account what you have told me and I will keep my fingers crossed that all works out well for you.

dx has been of great help as always and replyed to my post but I would also like to hear from gezwee & ims21 before my next move as they have all been helping me trough this from the start and I would like to see what the general consensus is for the next move.

Very best regards JT

Hi dx,

Would this letter be ok?:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Regarding your final response letter Dated: xx/xx/2011, Thank you but what you have stated in your response letter are not valid reasons for turning down my claim. May I advise you that you have 14 days before I will contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and or take you to court regarding this matter.

Regards JT"

Hi JT

Glad you found the info useful and I am sure the resident experts will be along to give their advice, which is always useful.

I do hope you get a fast result and that it pays off all or most of your debt , because the interest rate they are charging you is scandalous

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

Just un case you do go to FOS , they asked me to confirm the insurance underwriter for the policy , which you may know already as if memory serves you had kept all your paperwork.

Regards

W

i find your assumption that by forwarding me documents and statements concerning ACP proved my acceptance insulting.

please forward me your actual evidence where i physically selected ACP myself & not by some opt-out box.

if you fail to respond positively within 14 days concerning my mis-selling complaint,

i shall move toward FOS or court action.

dx

and they

Thank you dx,

A big difference LOL.

Regards JT

Hi all,

Letter posted today so they now have 14 days to respond.

Regards JT

Hi All,

While waiting for the next rejection in 14 days from K&Co can someone try to explain to me why I still have a Case for miss-sold PPI [ACP].

In relation to my comments regarding my unemployment to K&Co:

K&Co said:

ACP [Account cover plus] is a multi aspect cover. Unemployment when you accepted the insurance is not an exclusion to the policy as you would have been covered for Life, Hospitalization and Merchandise cover.

Thanks all

Regards JT

Hi JT

Have a look at the FSA guidance - Appendix 4 which lists all the reasons but this one might be relevant in your case:

While arranging the policy, the firm was aware (or ought reasonably to have been aware) that

parts of the cover did not apply but did not so disclose to the customer, in good time before the

sale was concluded, and in a way that was clear, fair and not misleading.

There are others that may be relevant to you so it would be worthwhile reading all of it, but particularly Appendix 4

Regards

W

to be quite honest

i would not go into any deep dialogue about the ifs or why fors.

it will be irrelevent

you don't 'have' to justify why you want it refunded

dx

and they

Hi dx,

Thanks,

My justification was that I was unemployed at inception, I though that the PPI would pay my payments if I could not.

But with K&Co saying Account cover plus is a multi aspect cover and that unemployment is not an exclusion to the policy as I would have been covered for Life, Hospitalization and Merchandise cover, I was just trying to find out if that justification is still going to be enough.

Regards JT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sent " i find your assumption that by forwarding me documents and statements concerning ACP proved my acceptance insulting.

please forward me your actual evidence where i physically selected ACP myself & not by some opt-out box.

if you fail to respond positively within 14 days concerning my mis-sellinglink3.gif complaint,

i shall move toward foslink3.gif or court action."

This is the response from K&Co.

Regards JT.

"Dear Mr,

I am writing further to your letter dated xx/11/2011 concerning PPI on your account.

I am satisfied that I have supplied you with all the necessary information surrounding the sale of PPI on your account. Therefore, I must state that my decision has not changed and that the letter of xx/11/2011 is indeed my final response into the matter.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely.".

if you are in no hurry then off to the FOS

if you are

then you need to condider the court route

but you must send an LBA giving 14 days first.

dx

and they

Hi dx,

Thanks,

Can you please advice me on the next step to "FOS", do I send them the same consumer questionnaire and spreadsheet that I sent K&Co but with a new Cover letter if a new cover letter is needed how do I word it is there a template?.

And,

Can you please advice me on, do I e-mail " complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk " this all to them or post it to them " The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR".

Regards JT.

have a look on the FOS website FAQ's?

i'm unsure if they allow initial complaints by email.

everything you need to know is there.

dx

and they