Vanquis Call Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys

:mad2:Grrrrrr I am SO mad at the moment, my inlaws have just called me to say someone has just called their home telephone number asking for me or my wife, it turns out the number was Vanquis! WTF they haven't got that number down as a contact, however turns out my wife 'may' have spoken to them using the in laws phone - are they even allowed to store that number?

Now we are currently setting up a DMP with CCCS as my wife lost her job in May and we just couldn't cope - our own fault but we are willing to sort everything but need a little extra time.

All our creditors have received a letter from us explaining the situation and informing them that CCCS is helping us but Vanquis just will not leave us alone, they phone day and night 5-6 times a day the first call at 8.00am and the latest was 20.59pm. I have made a token payment for this month (the first month we haven't made at least the min) but they just will not get it through their heads.

What should my next step be? I don't want them calling the inlaws again as they are elderly and this kind of thing worries them which in turn worries us - but then I guess that's what Vanquis are hoping for so we make a payment.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Disco

you have found out the hard way you should never ring these clowns, first thing go to CAG library and send them the phone harrassment letter and dont sign it print your name send it recorded delivery, and if they do keep calling note the times and frequency. If they continue after you sent the letter report them to OFT and to Ofcom

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi Padja

I wouldn't mind but we haven't called them since we got into trouble after taking advice from this brilliant site, my wife seems to remember calling them about a year ago when she needed to activate a new card, and she thinks she may have called from her parents.

Disco

Ok, I have completed a letter to send to them, which I will post tomorrow - I had to calm down a bit first!

I find it incredible that they feel that it is ok to get a number in this way! a lesson to be learnt for everyone!

It's not like we haven't informed them of the situation, they know what's going on. They are just trying to bully us into paying more! Everyone else seems to be dealing with things better.

I had my own worries at work, and then our debt situation, but thats nothing compared with the worry my wife is going through having been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so this kind of hassle is the last thing we need and I am trying my best to shield her from this kind of nonsense and I was doing well until the call this morning.

Disco

Hi, If they call at all on any number, inform any one

who may answer just to say in writing only if they phone

the in laws to say not resident at this address please

remove number from your records forthwith.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: