Sky Multiroom Problems - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been with Sky for almost 10 years now and recently we have been having problems with their less that impressive customer service.

3 months ago, we have a charge of £52 appear on our bill which after questioning this with sky, turned out to be the non discounted charge for our multiroom box not appearing to be plugged into the telephone line upstairs. When I called Sky the advisor said that it was not showing on their systems as being plugged in and regardless that my minimum term contract expired 9 years ago I still have a responsibility to keep it plugged in. I told the guy that it was plugged in and to provde it I access the customer service section from the box via the inbuilt modem and this seems to satisfy them and the £52 charge was removed.

Over the last 3 months I have had to do this every month and its getting silly now. It seems that when ever I talk to some at sky they deny having any records of the previous months conversations and I have to go around in circles again. Its getting really silly now and I have actually given my notice to sky now as we are moving over to Virgin Media. The last bill for Sky has just been generated and again the £52 charge is on there as well as the monthly charge. The direct debit has been cancelled at the bank and I have made a debit card payment for the subscription but am refusing to pay the £52 charge again.

What can I do and what are my rights as its getting silly now ?

My contract is 9 years old and surely Sky are just being "stupid" ?

Anyone offer me some help or advise please? I have emailed their customer service team on the 16/07 and yet there has been no reply and there 24 hours SLA clearly does not mean anything.

Cheers

Edited by maroondevo52
Changed unsuitable word.

When you have a multiroom box then you do agree to having all boxes connected to the telephone line. I am wuite surprised that you have already had a refund and they have done this a goodwill gesture. Whether it says it connected of not is of no consequence it's whether your modem is actually dialling through the line

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

The box doesnt use the phone line to access the customer services section on the interactive services.

There could be a problem with the box, the modem lead or the phone.

There are some checks you can do to make the box dial up, that way you will know if everything is working ok or not.

It is standard terms though that when you have multi room it is connected to a phone line, so it can dial in once a month, this is to prevent people giving the box to someone else.