• Tweets

• @Man in the middle I've been searching the forum and you seem very knowledgeable. Would you mind giving a look at my query please? Thanks in advance!!
    • Thanks for this! I'm still not clear if I'm facing more than 6 points on my license though. Can you explain any further please? When I accept the 2nd speeding ticket, will they just charge me £100 and 3 points, or will they be more severe concenquences since that offense took place the following day of the 1st offense? Similarly, when I accept the 3rd offense, will they look at my record or just charge me with the £100 fine and 3 points?
    • Yes of course. That's why it says cc:: BIg Motoring World at the bottom. Don't imagine that this solves the issue. It doesn't. He not have to force the finance company and big motoring world to accept the rejection to give your money back. I suggest that you get the letter off tomorrow. And let us know what you hear but on Friday you should then send a threat to the finance company.   Have a look what I have said here about your options and read the whole thread as well.  
    • Been perusing the actual figures on the polls above wondering where the '16% claimed for deform comes from? I understand that there are 'weighted' end results based on secret calculations ...   Probably going to repeat this later, but remember that the ukip/brexit/reform/deform party has ALWAYS had poll speculation FAR better than their actual  performance at elections - by large margins. SO: The labor and Tory votes come largely from simply the people who say they will vote for them - sorted Lab 43% Tory 20%, with maybe another small 1-2% coming from the weightings of the 'not sures' Greens largely get what is declared from 'other' , although with another declared green bit from the 'pressed' question   So as the share of the voting displayed in 'other' granted to reform/deform is around 11%, where does the '16% too often being reported come from? Seems that reform has been granted as beneficiary of effectively ALL the don't knows and wont says, who when pressed didn't actually declare for someone else ... effectively adding 40%+ to their reported polling % - rather strange given their consistent under-performance compared to polling - or perhaps that is the cause of the higher rating eh?   Now I admit the possibility (probability?) of wingers being ashamed of declaring their support for the yuckey lemon end of the spectrum ... but surely  that should affect the 'Torys as well? Maybe the statisticians have simply weighted in that deform wingers are simply more likely to lie?   But - without 'weightings' and assumptions that faragits will get everything that isnt declared as a definite and unequivocal 'not that Piers Morgan' - reform is on around 11% it seems.   Add to that the history of polling a lot less than the hype - and the simple fact that faragit wingers seem to be spread across the country (presumably skulking in their moms spare room despite being 45+) and greens and lib dems seem to be community minded - I think two seats will be an epic result for farage. Hardly the opposition - far more raving wingnut party.   and importantly - Has farage got a home in clacton yet?
    • "as I have no tools available to merge documents, unless you can suggest any free ones that will perform offline merges without watermarking" (which you don't) ... but ok please upload the documents and we'll go from there
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Carcraft issues - **resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya

i recently went into carcraft with the intention of swapping my 02 reg car for something smaller

from the off i told them i couldnt afford a car on credit - by rights they should have said NO sorry we dont swap cars

instead they talked me into buying a car for £4999 thats not even worth £4000 - im now paying £8000

after 3 hours the battery light came on

i rang them and they said bring it in thursday, as long as it starts its okay they said

goes to work next day

coming home on A1 all the lights start flashing and car conks out on me

the AA came and said the alternator had gone

got the car picked up fixed and brought back thursday

having a good look through paperwork on friday - i find there is another £1.700 owed to another finance company for the nac cover

for the last 2 years of the 5 years cover the woman told me were free!

i drove down and gave the log book and the keys back and refused to take car back

there were a few customers in the showroom

i explained to them what ever price you pay in showroom add £6000 on

oh and i stood outside and told people going in for an hour

im going back to do the same today

any advice if im going about this the right way

i know i have 14 days to cancel the agreement with the finance company

but whats the chances of carcraft takingthe car back?

if im hopefully loosing them buisness do you think the will take car back?

if anyone has been in same situation

thanx

Edited by dx100uk
got rid of the silly smilies & childing swearing - dx siteteam [and 17 spelling mistakes]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you signed credit agreement on the premises you dont have 14 days to cancel.

CC are not very good, lots of cases on here.

there is a small window of rejecting a car on trade premises

after you have signed the agreement their is a window of 48 hours from signing to the finance company underwriters executing the agreement and as mentioned SOGA

REJECT THE CAR IN WRITING AND DEMAND ANY FAULTS ARE PUT RIGHT TO YOUR SATISFACTION. IF CAR IS FAULTY OR NOT AS DESCRIBED THEN YOU ALSO NEED TO SEND THE FINANCE COMPANY A LETTER REJECTING THE CAR AND THAT THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN RETURNED TO CAR CRAFT

Hi, Reference Carcraft. I took out a £99 per month deal with them last year after being called by their salesman. Went down and was told that because I had previously bought a car from them, I could take any car at £99 per month for twelve months and then either hand the car back, part ex at £99 for a year again or pay £528 per month for four years.....option C not being an option!

This information was repeated by the finance manager in the presence of my colleague, we shook hands on the deal and he ringed my paperwork and said come back a month before the 22nd May 2011 and either hand back or part ex.

Three weeks ago went back to hand the car back and this is not available, part ex is not available and the only option that is, is £528 per month. This complaint has been rejected by Carcraft Compliance Unit and is currently being investigated by Creation Complaints.

Anyone going through this?, I'm trying to work my way through this minefield and would like to hear if anyone else is in the same/similar boat.

Thankyou.

im sitting having a good look through paperwork on friday and find out there is another £1.700 owed to another finance company for the *nac* cover for the last 2 years of the 5 years cover the woman told me the 5 years were free

I really do not understand this.

Is there another debt of £1700 owed on the car to another finance company?

If there is, that would surely preclude you ever getting good title to the car. Non dat quod non habet, as lawyers used to say.

Brian we are currently going through the same issues with them,not only did they refuse to let my daughter trade in after the 12 months when they had agreed on 5 different occasions that she could do so but they had also added figures to the contract after they had been signed. Carcraft are refusing to do anything about it so we are taking the car back to them and leaving keys at reception and cancelling direct debit on advice from solicitor. We are now refering it to the financial ombudsman.Are also informing DVLA that she no longer has the car and why. So now we wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your input, I'm presently waiting for Creation to conclude their own investigation, rather cynically assuming that my complaint will be unsuccessful, my intention will be to take my complaint through the financial ombudsman. I've tried to avoid cancelling the debit which does not increase until the end of May, not wishing to add breach of contract to the problem, but this will happen sooner or later. Did your daughter have the option to hand back verbally or otherwise?

I would expect mine to end up in court, which is not ideal, but I know what I was told and can verify it by witness. Please keep me posted, perhaps we can help each other. Lastly, when did your daughter get the car, mine was April last year.

Best regards, Brian.

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

FYI everyone - I am off tomorrow so if you don't post today before 6 - i will get back to you all on Monday - so there will be no need to wonder whether i am in holloway or not! :)

Well i have been back for more than one day - and no responses, i guess we will consider all matters closed until further notice?! :)

Edited by Carcraft Customer Service Manager

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Reference Carcraft. I took out a £99 per month deal with them last year after being called by their salesman. Went down and was told that because I had previously bought a car from them, I could take any car at £99 per month for twelve months and then either hand the car back, part ex at £99 for a year again or pay £528 per month for four years.....option C not being an option!

This information was repeated by the finance manager in the presence of my colleague, we shook hands on the deal and he ringed my paperwork and said come back a month before the 22nd May 2011 and either hand back or part ex.

Three weeks ago went back to hand the car back and this is not available, part ex is not available and the only option that is, is £528 per month. This complaint has been rejected by Carcraft Compliance Unit and is currently being investigated by Creation Complaints.

Anyone going through this?, I'm trying to work my way through this minefield and would like to hear if anyone else is in the same/similar boat.

Thankyou.

Hi, I was wondering if you got anywhere with your situation? My sister-in-law took out the same offer with Carcraft and has just been told over the phone that the offer is no longer available and that she should come in to the store so they could tell her what they can or can't do for her.

We are going to go with her and wondered if anyone had any advice for us?

Thanks

Hi, This sounds familiar!, Carcraft have done nothing for me and my case is now referred to the Financial Ombudsman. Could you respond and tell me what your sister in law's deal was and who the finance is through and if her payments are due to rise significantly. I've just had to cancel my debit after being left with no alternative, another problem to deal with. Hope to hear from you and perhaps we can share experience and help each other.

Cheers, Brian.

Hi

This was the Carcraft at Sheffield. She was trading in her car that she had also got on finance from Carcraft as she wanted something bigger as she was expecting another child. She still had finance outstanding on this, I believe.

She was offered £99 per month for 12 months with the option to then go onto £280 per month for the same vehicle for 4 years, or trade in again for 12 months @ £99 per month and to 'scrap that finance agreement'. Apparently she wasn't offered the option of just handing the car back - I assume this is because of the outstanding finance from her previous car? It's my thinking that this is preventing her from cancelling her Direct Debit?

I believe the finance is through Creation also.

Basically there is no option of her being able to afford the increase to £280 as she is still off work on Statutory Maternity Leave, so her only hope is to trade in for another 12 months @£99. I'm hoping she can then start trading in for cheaper cars to enable the end-of-offer increase to be more manageable - but I know next to nothing about car finance so I don't know if this is viable.

Cheers

Hi, Thanks for getting back, my deal was at Carcraft Sheffield as well. I have just cancelled my debit with Creation after being given no real assistance or alternative. The question I have asked of the Financial Ombudsman is why would Creation pull the plug on a deal that would make them more money? My own view is that Carcraft who have washed their hands of the issue and blamed Creation, have told Creation one thing and the customer another, in that the customer is told they can disregard the agreement and pay £99 per month again, effectively rolling the deal over and Creation are told that they will see payments rise for four years way over what the car is worth.

I expect mine to drag on for some time and maybe end up in court, please respond if you need anymore info and good luck!

Incidentally, I traded a car in, was paid £4600 (less than market value) and the car was sold by carcraft for the best part of £7500!!

Brian.

Hi, Thanks for getting back, my deal was at Carcraft Sheffield as well. I have just cancelled my debit with Creation after being given no real assistance or alternative. The question I have asked of the Financial Ombudsman is why would Creation pull the plug on a deal that would make them more money? My own view is that Carcraft who have washed their hands of the issue and blamed Creation, have told Creation one thing and the customer another, in that the customer is told they can disregard the agreement and pay £99 per month again, effectively rolling the deal over and Creation are told that they will see payments rise for four years way over what the car is worth.

I expect mine to drag on for some time and maybe end up in court, please respond if you need anymore info and good luck!

Incidentally, I traded a car in, was paid £4600 (less than market value) and the car was sold by carcraft for the best part of £7500!!

Brian.

Did you ever contact Trading Standards? We have been advised that may be an option

Update.

We went to see the people at Carcraft earlier. We were informed that it was in fact Creation that have pulled the deal, not Carcraft, so they say there is absolutely nothing they can do.

When they were informed that their salesman had responded to the specific question regarding the finance ie; would it be rolled over and any outstanding balnce added to the new offer? - with the answer "no", the staff member went away and brought the Big Boss to talk to us. When we asked for the address and phone number of the department we needed to contact to complain about the process, he explained that every member of staff that was working there when my sister-on-law was sold this offer were no longer employed by him, and he had only taken over in February. I almost asked if this was because they'd been caught mis-selling to their customers but for some reason chose not to.

So we are now going to get Creation's side of the story, contact Trading Standards and write in our complaint.

If we take Carcraft's explanation at face value, at the very worst their staff have been guilty of mis-selling the deal that Creation were offering. I am also still struggling to understand why customers who have signed a contract to buy a car for £99 per month on the basis that they can keep renewing this deal every 12 months should be forced to increase their repayments by £180 per month when the finance company decide to breach that contract - in this case only 11 months into the contract?! If they are going to do this, surely the fair thing to do would be to allow the customer to hand back the car and cancel the finance agreement?

I am here Sam! I did email Big Malc to provide me with the details of the vehicle so i could look into for him. (looks like it would be for a seperate dept within the company) but i can point him in the right direction thats for sure.

Hi Big Malc, No i didn't - i have deleted some space for you to try again.ThanksLinzi

I have received your message - thank you.What i need you to do now is to send me confirmation of the name the account is under and for you to outline the full issue in another message to me.I will then investigate the issues raised and liaise with the correct department.Due to DPA you can tell me as much as you feel you need to, however, i will be limited to what i can discuss with you without prior permission of the account holder.ThanksLinzi

Thats not a problem Malc - i'm here all week!