• Tweets

• its not a good thing or a bad thing its ongoing. mines gone the same route. these new notifications are equally meaningless.
    • Shein has been linked to unethical business practices, including forced labour allegations.View the full article
    • Hi I have to agree with @unclebulgaria67 post#3 For the funding side of moving to a new area and it being private supported accommodation I would also suggest speaking to private supported accommodation provider about funding but also contact the Local Council for that area and have a chat with them about funding because if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit certain Supported Accommodation that meets a certain criteria is treated as ‘exempt accommodation’ for Housing Benefit purposes but you need to confirm this with that relevant Council in your new area especially since it is Private Supported Accommodation as each Council can have slightly different rules on this. If you have a certain medical condition look up the charities and also have a wee chat with them as they may be able to point you to different Grants to assist with moving costs and your question about funding for private supported accommodation as well.
    • Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LBA is in the post SELLICK V A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi My Name is Nigel, I wonder if anyone can help me i have sent the first letter to my bank A&L as i went over mt agreed Overdraft by £6.02p and because of DD's not being met they charged me £25.00 x 2 & £34.00 X 10 & £25.00 x 2 totalling £440.00 of charges in the month of july alone. so from being £806.02 o/d im now over £1200.00 . Now i wasnt aware i can claim charges for the past 6 Years should i send letter 1 again asking for this and what about my A& L Credit card they charge me £25 For Missed payment And £25.00 for going over my limit do i send MBNA the same letter Greatfuill for any advice

Nigel:mad:

Hiya, have a read of the FAQ's and it will tell you what you need to do, which letters to send in which order to get these charges back...yes it is the same for your Credit Card. Be aware however that A&L are closing accounts for those who get their charges refunded.

Good luck :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

The best thing to do is to open a parachute account and get all your money matters dealt with by that bank so if they do suddenly close it your bills will be sorted.

Sorry Nigel, just noticed they have already closed your account. Thats not very nice of them after taking all your money is it.

Good luck

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

Thats right, they have 40 days in which to send the data, take this time to have a good read around this forum, its really helpfull.

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

thank you

im very upset whilst typing this as i really am in the mire over this as my services are now being cut off my phones are now all on incoming calls only and im waiting for this to go now as ntl arent gonna wait for ever, can you tell me if i need to send a letter also saying i would like my charges back?

and do i send the same letter to MBNA ??? so in total this letter asking for details twice and refuund letter twice?

Just had argument with man of phone from MBNA told me i was wasting my time as i signed up for the tarrif of charges is he right? i only asked for their address and he asked why i wanted it so i told him and he was right naff!:eek: how rude!

can someone please tell me who i make the Cheques payable to for data protection letter to A&L AND MBNA?

many thanks:p

i have now sent my letter and £10.00 to the A&L & MBNA requesting 6 years reports on my charges. I have an agreed overdraft of £800.00 now of late im being hit by the tax man for a years back tax which has meant my wages have been halved going in to my account, to cut along story short i have had to default on some of my direct bebits infact all last month as i have got into a pickle. in jusly alone my bank charged me £25.00 unauth overdraft fee 18th may to 16th june day 2 and £25.00 unauth fee day 5 10 X £34.00 failed direct debit charges and then interest of 5.65 18th may 16th june then 5.58 interest for 17th june to 12 july then £25.00 unauth overdraft fee 17th june 12th july day2 and then a further £25.00 unauth overdraft day 5 totalling £451.23 in one month what is this figure likely to be in 6 years? MBNA tell me that since this oft report they have started charging 12.00 instead of 25.00 but tell me i have no right to have this refund back dated is this correct?

any help would be helpfull:eek:

OMG, I thought that my partner and me ad it bad one month, but £451.23 in just one month of charges - Its no wonder we get in strife, How do banks expect us to pay back such sums??????

MBNA are stalling you, Follow the Guidelines and reclaim your money, Start a new message for MBNA in the relevent section, that way you will get replys for MBNA.

You have EVERY Right to reclaim this money

Allaince & Leicester, They have just paid up, It took most of the stages, just short of actual Court.

Just hang in there, follow the stages of each action and sit back and wait

• Confused 1

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

ok so thanks for that answer in english cause im not the brightist person on here but im failing financially fast. all my direct debiters are no cutting me off so penalties ar being charged against me too.

so sorry just to clarify if they say did this to me over 6 years usually 50.00 a month and one or two direct debit defaults of 34.00 can i claim this back for the six years????

they closed my account and never told me one of my direct debits contacted me to say the account was closed

because that somewhere in the region of 80.00 a month for 6 years = a fair few pounds do you think they will want me to open a new account with them to bank my money lol?

thanks for your help i know its late

nigel;:eek: :eek: :eek:

You can claim upto 6 yrs, at this stage in your process, I believe that some may be claiming past the 6 yrs, but for now, until you have sorted these 2 out, just leave it for the Last 6 years.

Once that fight is over, then you will have ammo to fight and will be in a better understanding of what processes are involved.

Read on site, about other cases such as yours, and you will learn how and what to say, But just communicate by Letter only, that way, they cannot try and change your mind

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

I received a letter today from A & L saying I Quote

The OFT that they consider the level of late payments charges to be unfair, however they were actually refrring to Late payments on credit cards which are quite distinct from a banks charges on a current account.

as yet the OFT have not entered in to any discussions with the banking industry regarding current accounts however should that position change in the future then A & L will participate as appropriate.

Given the above i cannot accept you have been unfairly charged as you suggest i regret therefore that i am unable to agree to your request for a refund of charges on this occasion.

im sorry if you are disappointed with my response but as the charges have been raised correctly in line with the terms and conditions of your account they must stand.

yours sincerely

p russell

customer service centre

is this correct, can anyone advise????

nigel:cool:

yep that looks like the standard bog off response they send out. Ive just had exactly the same letter. Stick to your timetable, like me and send the LBA on the fifteenth day. Good luck.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 1 month later...

I just looked through my subject access request and when im totalling up the charges from 2000 - 2006 my total of charges are £2913.75p this does not include any interest that they have charged me. Am i to include the interest charges from them? and if i got this right i now send second latter asking them for a full refund of this amount???

Please someone advise

nigel:-o

I heard last night on the news that the OFT were going to look in to bank charges they said i quote " We believe that banks are entitled to regain there losses and charge for people going overdrawn but they shouldnt profit from it" If this is the case the oft havent made ant ruling yet only to credit card companies how come they have been saying on this site that they have made this rule? and ive now been in a process for 2 months or more how can any of you have won when no such ruling has been made???????:-|

I have just recieved full payment from Alliance & Leicester. Basically to go to court and win they would need to prove that the money they are charging is a legal administrative charge as this is what they state in their contract. They can't prove this as it only costs them about £2.50 to 'administrate' when you go overdrawn or they fail a DD for you etc. It is therfore an illegal penalty charge and they are making a profit from it. Hope this helps...

Sazzle v A&L!!!

Request for repayment sent to A&L for £463 - 14/07

Standard reply received - 18/07

Letter before action sent - 21/07

Received my small claims pack so here we go - 17/08

Claim agianst A&L started - 21/08/06

Response received saying they will defend - 30/08/06

SETTLED IN FULL £548.48 - 06/09/06 :D

Sazzle v Halifax!!!

Request for statements sent to Halifax with £10 cheque - 14/07

Letter received requesting more info - 05/08

Letter sent with info required - 09/08

Letter received saying statements on way - 11/08

Big pile of statements arrived - 17/08

Request for repayment sent to Halifax for £442 - 17/08

Letter received saying they will reply within 4 weeks - 21/08/06

Letter received offering £236 as final settlement - 15/09/06 (I don't think so!!!)

Yes thats what ive been thinking all along, i have a claim in now for £2931.75 hope i win too as i live hand to mouth monthly and dont see why they should have my money... did you actually get to court????

Hi, Nigel.

If you have a good read around the forum you will see that a court appearance, (while not totally out of the question), is unlikely.

If you are proceeding with your claim by the tried and tested route as laid down in the faqs, and as described in many of the threads here, you should be fine.

Any problems, just post here and someone will jump in with advice or reassurance.

Just be aware that A&L WILL close your account for having the nerve to claim back what is rightfully yours, so open your parachute account if you haven't done so already.

Luck, dude. :cool:

Have had the standared reply from A&L saying they think that there charges are lawfull and justified, now time to send LBA i think but just so i get it right they did reply to my refund letter (letter2) so the LBA letter says you didnt reply is this the correct letter ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi. Lol i know someone with the surname as Sellick who is also on this site. Not related i don't think from Somerset.

I would edit the letter accordingly. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I have merged your threads to make it easier for us all to follow your progress.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.